The agreement between the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on cooperation in fight against drug trafficking, psychotropic substances and precursors
of October 12, 2000
The government of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
expressing concern in scales of drug addiction and tendencies of growth of drug trafficking, psychotropic substances (further the referred to as drugs) and precursors,
understanding that drug trafficking and precursors pose serious threat of homeland security, to health and welfare of their people and are the problem mentioning political and economic structures, social and cultural spheres of society
proceeding from the purposes of the Single convention on drugs of 1961, the Convention on psychotropic substances of 1971 and the Convention of the UN on fight against illicit trafficking in drugs and psychotropic substances of 1988,
recognizing that fight against drug trafficking and precursors require the coordinated actions within bilateral cooperation and performed determination to render each other necessary assistance,
being guided by the conventional principles and rules of international law,
agreed as follows:
1. For realization of the purposes of this agreement by competent authorities of the Parties are:
for the Republic of Uzbekistan:
- The national center for control of drugs under the Cabinet of Ministers,
- Prosecutor's office,
- Service of homeland security,
- Ministry of Internal Affairs,
- State Customs Committee,
- Ministry of Justice,
- Ministry of Health,
- Committee on protection of Frontier,
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
- Ministry of national education,
- State Tax Committee,
- Ministry of Internal Affairs,
- State committee on cases of protection of frontier of Ukraine,
- Security service,
- State Customs Service,
- Ministry of Health.
2. Each of the Parties without delay notifies other Party on modification of the list of the competent authorities.
3. Competent authorities of the Parties for the purpose of accomplishment of this agreement can communicate with each other directly.
The parties according to the legislation of the states will perform the coordinated programs in the sphere of prevention of abuse of drugs, treatments and rehabilitations of patients with drug addiction, control of legal turnover of drugs and precursors, and also fight against their illicit trafficking.
The parties will fulfill the obligations following from this agreement according to the principles and rules of international law.
The parties through the competent authorities cooperate in the sphere of fight against drug trafficking, abuse of them, and also illicit trafficking in precursors in the following priority directions:
- creation of the coordination mechanism of cooperation at the administrative and operational levels;
- rapprochement of the national legal system in the field of control of drugs;
- implementation of the coordinated actions directed to suppression of illegal production and drug trafficking, identification of routes of their illicit movement including from the third states;
- reducing demand for drugs and drug addiction scales in the countries;
- experience exchange of work on suppression of drug trafficking and to the prevention of spread of drug addiction.
Competent authorities of the Parties according to the legislation of the states will communicate being of mutual interest:
a) about forms and methods of identification of sources of drugs and precursors in illicit trafficking and about measures for suppression of their distribution;
b) about methods of identification, prevention and investigation of the crimes constituting drug trafficking and precursors;
c) about illicit movement of drugs and precursors on the territory of the state of one of the Parties and methods of their concealment;
d) about scientific research concerning fight against drug trafficking and precursors;
e) about the relevant legislation of the states of the Parties and practice of its application;
e) about methods of legalization of income gained from drug trafficking and precursors;
ё) about samples of new and unknown types of the drugs withdrawn from illicit trafficking;
g) about the applied methods of concealment of batches of illegal drugs and precursors when crossing frontier, and also about methods of their identification;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.