of July 23, 2019 No. PP-4400
About measures for increase in availability of microfinancial services
Note that the taken measures for enhancement of the legal basis and simplification of allowing procedures for the organization of activities of non-bank credit institutions, and also on involvement of commercial banks in process of microfinancing promoted considerable expansion of amounts of rendering microfinancial services in the republic.
At the same time the international experience of regulation of the sphere of microfinancing testifies to need of expansion of capacity of credit institutions for satisfaction of the growing requirement of the population and subjects of entrepreneurship in microfinancial services.
With respect thereto, improvement of the legislation, implementation of the best the practician of microfinancing, including possibility of remote servicing, expansion of line of the rendered services, the prevention of formation of excessive debt load of the population, increase in financial literacy of the population, financial availability and consumer protection of these services shall become the urgent areas of work on further enhancement of the sphere of microfinancing in the republic at the present stage.
For the purpose of creating favorable conditions for further development of the sphere of microfinancing, and also according to the tasks determined by the Presidential decree of the Republic of Uzbekistan of January 8, 2019 No. UP-5614 "About Additional Measures for Ensuring Further Development of Economy and Increase in Efficiency of Economic Policy":
1. Take into consideration that technical assistance of the World Bank in development of National strategy of increase in the financial availability (further - National strategy) providing components of expansion of availability of financial services, increase in financial literacy of the population and subjects of entrepreneurship, consumer protection of financial services taking into account the best international practices in this sphere is attracted with the Central bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
2. Form Coordination council in structure according to appendix No. 1, having determined it by development and the subsequent realization of National strategy of increase in financial availability the main objectives:
ensuring the coordinated interaction of the responsible ministries and departments behind the course of realization of National strategy with acceptance in need of operational measures for accomplishment of planned activities;
the organization of effective interaction with the international financial institutions, the foreign government financial organizations, expert community and mass media concerning realization of National strategy, carrying out for this purpose seminars, "round tables", conferences and other actions.
3. To coordination council (Kuchkarov D. A.):
in a month to approve the plan of practical measures for accomplishment until the end of 2019 of the actions specified in Item 2 of this resolution and also to monthly introduce information on the course of implementation of the plan in the Cabinet of Ministers and Administration of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
till January 1, 2020 to introduce to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan the draft of the government decision "About approval of National strategy of increase in financial availability".
4. To Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan:
till January 1, 2020 with assistance of profile international experts to conduct researches and surveys for the purpose of objective assessment of condition of level of financial literacy of the population and financial availability;
strengthen interaction with Alliance of financial inclusivity and Central Banks of foreign countries for enhancement of financial availability.
5. Approve offers of the Central bank and the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan on introduction since August 1, 2019 about according to which:
the maximum amount of microloan increases to 50 million bags, the microcredit - to 300 million bags and microleasing - to 600 million bags;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.