of October 16, 1995 No. 2529
About Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the status of his deputies
This Constitutional law according to the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan determines the organization and activities of Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan, legal status of his deputies.
The parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan is the supreme representative body of the Republic performing legislature.
1. Term of office of deputies of the Senate - six years, term of office of deputies of the Majilis - five years. Powers of Parliament of the next convocation begin with the moment of opening of its first session and come to an end from the beginning of work of the first session of Parliament of the following convocation. At the same time the priority of convocation of Parliament is determined by priority of convocation of the Majilis. The term of office of Parliament is determined by term of office of deputies of the Majilis of the next convocation.
2. Powers of Parliament and the Majilis of Parliament can be stopped ahead of schedule according to the procedure, provided by the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The organization and activities of Parliament, legal status of his deputies are determined by the Constitution of the Republic, this Constitutional law and other legal acts of the Republic.
1. The parliament consists of two chambers: The senate and the Majilis acting on the permanent basis.
2. The senate is formed by the deputies representing according to the procedure, established by the constitutional law, on two persons from each area, the city of republican value and the capital of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Half of the elected deputies of the Senate is re-elected each three years.
3. Fifteen deputies of the Senate are appointed the President of the Republic taking into account need of providing representation for the Senate of national and cultural and other significant interests of society.
4. The Majilis consists of hundred seven deputies elected according to the procedure, established by the constitutional law.
Ninety eight deputies of the Majilis are elected from political parties according to party lists on the single national constituency on the basis of general, equal and direct suffrage in case of secret vote. Nine deputies of the Majilis are elected by Assembly of the people of Kazakhstan.
5. The deputy of Parliament cannot be at the same time the member of both chambers.
6. The procedure for election of deputies of the Senate and Majilis is established by the constitutional law.
Competence of Parliament of joint and separate meetings of the Senate and the Majilis, exclusive competence of chambers are established by the Constitution of the Republic and are implemented at the sessions of Parliament, in activities of chambers of Parliament, its bodies and deputies.
1. The session of Parliament takes place in form of joint and separate sittings of its chambers.
2. The first session of Parliament is convened by the President of the Republic no later than thirty days from the date of publication of results of elections.
3. The President of the Republic and the chairman of Central Election Commission preside over the first session of Parliament, before election of the chairman of the Senate and the chairman of the Majilis, at meetings of the Senate and Majilis respectively.
4. Regular sessions of Parliament are held once a year, since first working day of September and finishing the last working day of June.
Under the working days it is necessary to understand days which are not output or festive (national and public holidays).
5. The session of Parliament opens and closed on joint sittings of the Senate and Majilis. The session of Parliament, as a rule, opens the President of the Republic, and in case of its absence the chairman of the Majilis.
6. During the period between the sessions of Parliament the President of the Republic on own initiative, according to the proposal of chairmen of chambers or at least one third of total number of deputies of Parliament can convene the extraordinary session of Parliament. On it only the questions which formed the basis for its convocation can be considered.
Joint and separate sittings of chambers are competent in the presence of at least two thirds of total number of deputies of each of chambers.
1. Joint and separate sittings of chambers are open. In the cases provided by regulations closed meetings can be held.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.