of June 18, 2019 No. 198-Z
About radiation safety
Accepted by the House of Representatives on May 16, 2019
Approved by Council of the Republic on May 31, 2019
This Law establishes the legal basis of functioning of system of ensuring radiation safety, the address with sources of ionizing radiation and is directed to prevention and minimization of harmful effects of ionizing radiation on health of the person and the environment.
1. Natural radiation background - the radiation dose created by the space radiation and radiation of the natural radionuclides which are naturally distributed in the earth, subsoil, waters, atmospheric air, other components of the environment, products and human body.
2. The closed source of ionizing radiation - source of ionizing radiation which design excludes intake of radioactive materials to the environment under operating conditions and depreciation which it is expected.
3. Ionizing radiation - the radiation which interaction with substance, including with human body, leads vapor of ions of different signs to education.
4. Source of ionizing radiation - radioactive material or the radiation device.
5. Medical radiation - radiation of patients when rendering medical care to them, and also radiation of persons providing comfort and care of patients and persons participating in clinical testing.
6. The population - physical persons which can undergo to radiation in situations of the planned, emergency and existing radiation, except professional and medical radiation.
7. Radiation - impact of ionizing radiation on substance, including on human body.
8. The address with sources of ionizing radiation - the activities connected with production (production), realization, operation, storage, transportation, conversion and burial of sources of ionizing radiation and also other types of activity connected with sources of ionizing radiation, provided by legal acts.
9. Subject of the treatment of radioactive waste - radiation object on which conversion, storage and (or) burial of radioactive waste are performed.
10. Open source of ionizing radiation - source of ionizing radiation in case of the address of which intake of radioactive materials to the environment is possible.
11. Personnel - the physical persons working according to employment and (or) civil contracts which subject is performance of works (rendering services) with sources of ionizing radiation, and also the physical persons working according to employment and (or) civil contracts and being under the terms of work in zone of impact of sources of ionizing radiation.
12. The user of source of ionizing radiation - the legal entity of the Republic of Belarus, foreign and international legal entities (the organization, not being the legal entity) (further, unless otherwise specified, - the legal entity), the individual entrepreneur, performing the address with source of ionizing radiation.
13. Practical activities - activities which can increase radiation from sources of ionizing radiation and belong to situation of the planned radiation.
14. Radiation dose limit - the size of effective dose of radiation of human body in certain period which shall not be exceeded.
15. Products - the result of economic or other activity provided in material and material form and intended for further use in economic and other purposes which contains or may contain radionuclides.
16. Professional radiation - radiation of personnel.
17. Works and services which can exert impact on radiation safety, - designing, construction, installation, adjustment, commissioning, diagnosing, repair, servicing and conclusion from operation of sources of ionizing radiation, radiation objects, and also the equipment for them, other works and services which accomplishment and rendering can change levels of professional radiation and radiation of the population.
18. Radiation accident - loss of management of source of ionizing radiation which led to professional radiation over the set limits of doses of radiation to radiation of the population, radioactive environmental pollution and requires acceptance of protective measures.
19. Radiation safety - condition of security of the population, personnel and the environment from harmful effects of ionizing radiation.
20. Radiation situation - the state of environment which is characterized by indicators of capacity of dose of gamma radiation, levels of radioactive pollution and other indicators received when carrying out radiation monitoring and radiation control.
21. Radiation and hygienic monitoring - collection, the analysis and assessment of information on the state of health of personnel and the population depending on radiation and sanitary and epidemiologic situation of the habitat of the person, assessment of doses and risk of radiation for life and health of personnel and the population, development of the actions directed to the prevention, reduction and elimination of adverse effect of radiation on human body.
22. The radiation device - the technical device which contains radioactive materials or is generated ionizing radiation over the levels established by hygienic standard rates.
23. Radiation incident - loss of management of source of ionizing radiation which did not lead to professional radiation over the set limits of doses of radiation, to radiation of the population, radioactive environmental pollution.
24. Radiation monitoring - system of long regular observations, assessment and the forecast of radiation situation.
25. Radiation object - the building, construction, the room, other object where the address with sources of ionizing radiation is performed.
26. Radioactive material - the substance in any aggregate state containing radionuclides with activity over the levels established by hygienic standard rates.
27. Radioactive pollution - presence of radioactive materials on surface and (or) in objects, materials, products, in human body, the environment where their presence is not provided or leads to increase in amount of radioactive materials or exceeding of the levels established by hygienic standard rates.
28. Radioactive waste - the sources of ionizing radiation operated during economic or other activity which further operation is not provided, and the containing radionuclides with activity over the levels established by hygienic standard rates.
29. Type of source of ionizing radiation - the sources of ionizing radiation which are characterized by set of the identical technical characteristics fixed in technical (operational) documentation, and made (made) by one manufacturer (producer).
30. Operation of source of ionizing radiation - use of source of ionizing radiation in economic or other activity.
31. Effective dose of radiation - the size of impact of ionizing radiation used as measure of risk of emergence of the remote effects of radiation of human body and its separate bodies and fabrics taking into account their radio sensitivity.
1. Legal regulation in the field of ensuring radiation safety is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Belarus and is performed according to this Law, acts of the President of the Republic of Belarus, other regulatory legal acts, including specific sanitary and epidemiologic requirements to content and operation of radiation objects (further - specific sanitary and epidemiologic requirements) and technical regulatory legal acts, international treaties of the Republic of Belarus, technical regulations of the Customs union, and also the technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union and other international legal acts, obligatory for observance, containing obligations of the Republic of Belarus in this area.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.