of June 13, 2019 No. 2019-P-12/31-2-(NPA)
About approval of the Instruction for work with bank accounts, the accounts on bank deposits (deposits) opened according to the Islamic principles of banking and financing
According to articles 20 and 68 of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic, banks and banking activity" the Board of National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic decides:
3. To legal management:
- publish this resolution on the official website of National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- after official publication to send this resolution to the Ministry of Justice of the Kyrgyz Republic for entering into the State register of regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic.
4. To management of methodology of supervision and licensing of banks to bring this resolution to the attention of JSC KYRGYZSTAN Commercial Bank, BTA Bank Ltd, Ekoislamikbank Ltd, JSC BAKAY BANK, OYuL "Union of Banks of Kyrgyzstan", the relevant structural divisions, regional managements and representative office of National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic in Batken Province.
5. To impose control of execution of this resolution on the board member of the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic supervising Management of methodology of supervision and licensing of banks.
Chairman of the board of National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic
to the Resolution of Board of National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic of June 13, 2019 No. 2019-P-12/31-2-(NPA)
This Instruction determines the minimum requirements to operating mode with bank accounts, accounts on bank deposit (deposit) opened according to the Islamic principles of banking and financing and to procedure for carrying out transactions on them.
This Instruction determines procedure for opening, maintaining and closing of bank accounts, accounts on bank deposits (deposits) of physical persons, individual entrepreneurs and legal entities (further - clients) the commercial banks, microfinance companies, credit unions attracting deposits, licensed by National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - National Bank) (further - banks). Requirements of this Instruction extend to the microfinance companies attracting deposits taking into account the restrictions set by National Bank according to article 16 of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About the microfinancial organizations in the Kyrgyz Republic", on the credit unions attracting deposits taking into account the restrictions set by National Bank according to article 4 of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About credit unions".
This Instruction extends to banks and the microfinance companies and credit unions performing transactions according to the Islamic principles of banking and financing attracting deposits including within "Islamic window" (further - banks).
This Instruction does not extend much opening and closings of the accounts other than bank account agreement or bank deposit (deposit), according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1. The right of attraction of deposits belongs to banks, acting on the basis of the license granted by National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - National Bank).
Regulating documents of bank (policy, provisions, etc.) regulating operating procedure with bank accounts, accounts on bank deposits (deposits) shall be approved by Sharia council.
2. All basic provisions concerning transactions with bank accounts, accounts on bank deposits (deposits) shall be reflected in internal documents of bank:
- procedure for opening of bank accounts;
- procedure for opening of accounts on bank deposits (deposits);
- order conditions the money placed on these accounts;
- payment procedure of money and (deposit) added remunerations/profit shares on bank deposit agreements;
- rights of the client and obligation of bank to it;
- procedure for closing of bank accounts, accounts on bank deposits (deposits);
- procedure for storage of information the bank, etc., besides, shall contain all types of the internal reporting provided by bank and also the procedure of identification and studying of the clients by banks developed according to requirements of this Instruction.
3. For prevention of carrying out the transactions connected with legalization (washing) of the criminal income and financing of terrorist or extremist activities, banks shall develop politicians and procedures of internal control, the corresponding difficulties and to scales of activities of bank, including on transactions (transactions) from remote access without direct contact with the client, and subject to obligatory and full compliance.
4. For the purpose of non-admission of carrying out transactions by one bank employee on customer service from beginning to end functions of bank employees shall be accurately differentiated and reflected in job descriptions of staff of the relevant divisions of bank. Bank employees bear the personal responsibility for execution of the obligations.
5. The bank when opening the account without fail shall explain to the client rules of filling of the provided document forms and procedure of payments added remunerations/profit shares on contribution (deposit), and also to make other explanations.
The bank is recommended to pay special attention to questions of interaction and assistance to clients with limited opportunities of health when opening of the account by it including concerning:
- rules of etiquette in case of communication with the client;
- rules of escort of the client when making by the bank employee and client of necessary transactions within servicing;
- to application of available measures for the most comfortable servicing;
- communication with the client, but not with his attendant if the client did not choose different way of communication;
- minimization of stressful factors and complete (detailed, detailed) explanation of bank procedures in the course of customer service.
6. The basis of opening of the bank account and account on bank deposit (deposit) is the conclusion of bank account agreement and bank deposit agreement (deposit) respectively.
Opening of the bank account, account on bank deposit (deposit) is made only if the bank receives all stipulated by the legislation the Kyrgyz Republic and this Instruction documents, and also identification and verification of the client and beneficial owner according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic is carried out.
Banks shall perform requirements of the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic, including the regulatory legal acts of National Bank establishing other requirements which are not specified in this Instruction, and describing procedure for opening and maintaining bank accounts, accounts on bank deposits (deposits), accounting of means and submission of the reporting to National Bank on these accounts and also servicing of separate legal entities during the work with their bank accounts.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.