of December 21, 2006 No. ZR-240
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on December 5, 2006
1. This Law establishes the economic, legal and organizational basis of development of highway network of the Republic of Armenia and management of them, designings, constructions, repair and content, control, classification, registration of roads, and also governs legal relations of the bodies and organizations performing these functions.
2. Operation of this Law extends to all highways of the Republic of Armenia, except for streets (roads) of settlements or sections of streets (roads) which are not parts of the roads included in the nomenclature of roads approved according to the Law.
3. The status of streets (roads) of settlements or sections of streets (roads) which are not part of the roads included in the nomenclature of roads approved according to this Law, the questions connected with use, management of them by their construction, repair, content and financing are established according to the procedure, established by the town-planning legislation.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
the highway - the complex engineering construction intended for movement of vehicles;
right-of-way - strip of the Earth's surface, subsoil and airspace where there is highway;
subgrade - the part of right-of-way including the carriageway, sidewalks, adjacent bicycle lanes, side ditches, roadsides and dividing zones;
artificial features - the structures doing the road continuous by means of natural or artificial obstacles or ensuring its durability and traffic security. These are bridges, overpasses, tunnels, platforms, retaining walls and other;
dividing zone - the zone dividing carriageways of multilayer roads with opposite direction;
road the equipment - cell system of the highway, ensuring traffic security. These are route signs, traffic lights, alarm columns, protective devices, horizontal and vertical marks and other;
the transit road - the part of the road included in the nomenclature of highways, passing through the city (settlement) which connects two points of administrative border of the city (settlement);
protection zone of the road - the strip of the earth of certain width laid on both sides of the road, having special conditions of use;
road service - services (organization) performing functions on construction, repair and content of highways;
constructions of road service - the sections of the highway serving for their construction, repair and content. These are production bases, office and residential buildings, fixed marks of road maintenance, warehouses of construction materials and other;
fixed mark of road maintenance - the building and construction for services in winter road maintenance, and also content of bridges, tunnels;
road engineering constructions - the road stretches providing requirements of road maintenance and use with them. These are stops, autopavilions, zones of acceleration and braking, the place of parking of vehicles, rest areas, observation desks, snow protection forest belts, plantings, avoiding tracks which are behind right-of-way, antistorm and antiavalanche constructions, antiemergency pockets, constructions for road communication and lighting and other;
non divisible load - the load transported on highways which cannot be divided without damage into two or more parts.
1. Roads of the Republic of Armenia by types of use are subdivided on:
a) public roads;
b) roads of uncommon use.
2. Public roads of the Republic of Armenia are subdivided on:
b) roads of streets of settlements (municipalities).
3. Highways public by the form of property are subdivided on:
a) state highways;
b) non-state highways.
4. The state highways public on value are subdivided on:
a) highways of interstate value (including the transit sites passing through administrative borders of municipalities);
b) highways of republican value (including the transit sites passing through administrative borders of municipalities);
c) highways of regional (local) value (including the transit sites passing through administrative borders of municipalities).
5. Streets of settlements (municipalities) on value are subdivided on:
a) Yerevan roads of city value (except for transit sections of highways of interstate and republican value);
b) roads of city value (except for transit sections of highways of interstate, republican and regional value);
c) roads of rural value (except for transit sections of the highways of interstate, republican and regional value passing through rural municipality).
6. Highways of interstate value are the roads connecting road net of the Republic of Armenia with highway network of other states and providing the international transport connection.
7. Highways of republican value are the roads connecting the cities of the republic with the capital and among themselves with the cultural, spiritual centers and highways of interstate value.
8. Entrances and detours of large settlements, the airports, historical monuments, mountain passes, and also the transport hubs which do not have separate symbol and number can also be highways of interstate and republican value and are specified in the nomenclature after the main road, being sections of this road.
9. Highways of regional (general) value are the roads connecting rural settlements of the republic among themselves with other cities, highways of republican and interstate value.
10. Highways of uncommon use are property of physical persons and legal entities and are used for their intraeconomic, technological, office, personal, patrol and other needs, and on these roads can move only on the vehicles permitted by the owner.
11. Highways on settlement traffic load and functional value are subdivided into categories. They are regulated by the construction regulations established by the state authorized body of management in the field of town planning.
The state highways public (except for transit sections of the highways of interstate and republican value passing through Yerevan) are under authority and management of the state body authorized by the Government of the Republic of Armenia (further - the state road body). State road body:
a) develops and performs development programs, constructions, repair and content of the highways which are under its authority;
b) provides acquisition, installation and operation of the equipment for the organization of traffic;
c) within the competence makes the decision on installation of the equipment for the organization of traffic;
d) performs competences of the customer on work on construction (installation), operation, repair and content of the state highways public and the equipment for the organization of traffic on them;
e) approves the description of works on construction (installation), operation, repair and content of the state highways public and the equipment for the organization of traffic on them;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.