It is registered
in the Ministry of Justice
On December 16, 1996 No. 715/1740
of July 23, 1996 No. 222
About approval of Health regulations and regulations on use of nutritional supplements
(In edition of the Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine of 23.07.1998 No. 218)
According to Item 4 of the Regulations on the Ministry of Health of Ukraine approved by the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 12, 1992 N 469, I ORDER:
1. Approve Health regulations and regulations on use of nutritional supplements (are applied).
2. To deputy chief state health officers of Ukraine, the Chief state health officers of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, areas, cities of Kiev and Sevastopol, on water, rail, air transport, the Ministries of Defence of Ukraine, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, the State committee on cases of protection of frontier of Ukraine, National guard of Ukraine, the Security Service of Ukraine to accept the specified Health regulations to management and application when implementing the state sanitary and epidemiological surveillance.
2. Consider N 1922-78 which are not operating in the territory of Ukraine Health regulations on use of nutritional supplements of 29.09.78.
3. I reserve control of execution of the order.
The main state
health officer of Ukraine,
First Deputy Minister V. MARIYEVSKY
Approved by the order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine of July 23, 1996 No. 222
1. Nutritional supplements - natural or synthesized substance which are intentionally entered into food for the purpose of provision of necessary properties by it (for example, organoleptic, technological) and are not used independently in the form of foodstuff or regular components of food. Nutritional supplements can remain in foodstuff in full or in the form of substances which are formed after chemical interaction of additives with components of food.
2. These Health regulations and regulations on use of nutritional supplements (further - the SanPiN) do not extend to the polluting third-party substances (contaminants) which unintentionally get to food on time of cultivation of plants and animal or agrotechnical and veterinary actions in case of production, conversion, preparation, packing, storage, transportation and realization of foodstuff owing to contact with the equipment, container, external environment; and also on live microorganisms, their toxins, mechanical additives.
3. According to the sanitary legislation of Ukraine production, application and the realization of nutritional supplements in the territory of the state shall be enabled with the permission of MZO of Ukraine.
Import and sales of products of food which do not meet the requirements of the sanitary legislation of Ukraine, including the substances made with use which are not resolved as nutritional supplements is forbidden.
4. Use of nutritional supplements shall not increase risk degree of possible adverse influence of product on health of the consumer, and also change consumer properties of foodstuff (except for some products of special and dietary purpose).
Use of nutritional supplements for the purpose of concealment of spoil or poor quality of raw materials or ready-made product is not allowed.
5. Introduction of new nutritional supplements in products or change of conditions of their application is considered justified only when it is directed to achievements of the purposes provided below and when those cannot be reached other technologically reasonable means:
a) preserving natural property and nutrition value of product; decrease in nutrition value is possible in the cases provided by the production technology of special and dietary products;
6) increase in storage duration, quality and stability of product or improvement of its organoleptic properties, under condition if it does not change foodstuff essence, does not mislead the consumer and does not increase risk of adverse effect of product on health, in comparison with means which are applied;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.