Accepted at the forty ninth plenary session of Inter-parliamentary Assembly of the State Parties of the CIS
(The resolution of April 19, 2019 No. 49-7)
About legal profession and lawyer activities
This Law establishes the principles and the legal basis of regulation of the relations connected with the organization of legal profession and implementation of lawyer activities. The legal profession is designed to promote realization and protection of the human rights and freedoms guaranteed by the state, including the right to qualified legal aid.
The legal basis of lawyer activities is constituted by the constitution of the state, the conventional principles and rules of international law, the international agreements of the state, the legislation of the state on legal profession.
For the purposes of this Law the following main terms and their determinations are used:
the lawyer - the person who received the status of the lawyer in the procedure established by the legislation of the state and being the member of legal profession;
legal profession - professional community of the lawyers giving legal aid for the purpose of implementation and protection of the rights, freedoms and interests of physical persons and legal entities (further - principals);
lawyer activities - the qualified legal aid given on professional basis by persons who acquired the right to implementation of such activities according to the procedure, established by the legislation of the state, to principals for the purpose of protection of their rights, freedoms and interests;
lawyer secret - any data received by the lawyer in connection with rendering legal aid to the principal including the fact of the address of the principal for such help;
legal aid - the qualified professional help given by lawyers for the purpose of protection of the rights, freedoms and interests of principals including legal consultation and representation of principals in courts, state bodies, other organizations and before physical persons, with use of all means and methods which are not prohibited by the law.
1. The basic principles of activities of legal profession are:
3) self-government and corporativity;
4) freedom of implementation of lawyer activities;
5) equality of lawyers;
6) preserving lawyer secret.
2. When implementing professional activity the lawyer shall follow the current legislation, rules of professional ethics established by bodies of lawyer self-government.
1. The legal profession is self-governed professional community of lawyers which is not a part of the system of public authorities and local government bodies.
2. The state guarantees to lawyers possibility of free implementation of lawyer activities and promotes creation for this purpose of necessary conditions, provides independence of activities of legal profession, availability of legal aid, and also interaction of state bodies with legal profession in ensuring protection of the rights, freedoms and interests of citizens, rendering legal aid to principals.
3. The financial support of lawyer activities in sparsely and hard to reach areas is performed by the state according to the procedure, established by the legislation.
The structure of bodies of lawyer self-government is determined according to the procedure, established by the legislation on legal profession, and also regulations of legal profession.
1. The status of the lawyer has the right to acquire person having the higher legal education got in the procedure established by the state or academic degree on legal specialty. The specified person also shall have length of service on legal specialty or pass training in lawyer education in the amounts established by the legislation of the state on legal profession. The list of the types of activity which are subject to inclusion in length of service on legal specialty is established by the state.
2. Has no right to apply for acquisition of the status of the lawyer of person, recognized in accordance with the established procedure as incapacitated or it is limited capable, and also having the outstanding or not removed criminal record for making of intentional crime.
3. Additional terms (restrictions) of acquisition of the status of the lawyer can be provided by the legislation of the state on legal profession. The list of the documents submitted by the applicant for receipt of the status of the lawyer, procedure for passing qualification examination and assessment of knowledge of the applicant are determined by bodies of lawyer self-government.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.