of July 11, 1997 No. 151-I
About languages in the Republic of Kazakhstan
This Law establishes the legal basis of functioning of languages in the Republic of Kazakhstan, obligations of the state in creation of conditions for their studying and development, provides equally respect for all, without exception, to the languages used in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) diaspora - part of the people (ethnic community) living out of the country of its historical origin;
1-1) authentic translation of the text - the translation of the text on other language which is permanently keeping sense and contents of the original;
2) onomastics - the Section of linguistics studying own names, history of their origin and transformation;
3) the onomastichesky commission - the advisory advisory body developing offers on forming of single approaches according to the name and renaming of administrative and territorial units, components of settlements, the airports, ports, railway stations, railway stations, stations of the subway, bus stations, bus stations, physiographic and other objects of state-owned property in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, to refining and change of transcription of their names and assignment of own names of persons to the state legal entities, legal entities with participation of the state and also to recovery and preserving historical names as component of historical and cultural heritage of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3-1) authorized body in the field of onomastics - the central executive body performing management and cross-industry coordination in the field of onomastics;
4) spelling - spelling, system of the rules determining uniformity of methods of speech transmission (words and grammatical forms) on the letter;
5) the Republican terminological commission - the advisory advisory body under authorized body developing offers in the field of terminological lexicon of Kazakh on all industries of economy, science, the equipment and culture;
6) toponymics - the Section of onomastics studying names of geographical objects, regularities of their origin, change and functioning;
7) No. 94-VIІ ZRK is excluded according to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of 29.12.2021
8) authorized body in the sphere of development of languages - the central executive body performing management and cross-industry coordination in the sphere of development of languages.
Subject of regulation of this Law are the public relations arising in connection with the use of languages in activities of the state, non-state organizations and local government bodies.
This Law does not regulate the use of languages in the interpersonal relations and in religious associations.
The legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on languages is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, consists of this Law, other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan concerning the use and development of languages.
The legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on languages extends to citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan, to the foreigners and persons without citizenship who are constantly living in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
State language of the Republic of Kazakhstan is Kazakh. State language - the language of public administration, the legislation, legal proceedings and clerical work operating in all spheres of the public relations in all territory of the state.
Long each citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan acquisition of the state language which is the most important factor of consolidation of the people of Kazakhstan is.
The government, other state, local representative and executive bodies shall:
in every possible way to develop state language in the Republic of Kazakhstan, to strengthen his international authority;
create all necessary organizational, material conditions for free and free acquisition of state language all citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
give help to the Kazakh diaspora in preserving and development of the native language.
In the state organizations and local government bodies on an equal basis with Kazakh Russian is officially used.
Each citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan has the right to use of the native language, to the free choice of language of communication, education, training and creativity.
The state cares for creation of conditions for studying and development of languages of the people of Kazakhstan.
In places of compact accommodation of national groups at holding actions their languages can be used.
In the Republic of Kazakhstan infringement of the rights of citizens on language sign is not allowed.
Actions of the officials interfering functioning and studying state and other languages provided in Kazakhstan involve responsibility according to the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Language of work and clerical work of state bodies, organizations and local government bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan is the state language, on an equal basis with Kazakh Russian is officially used.
In work of the non-state organizations it is used state and, if necessary, other languages.
Acts of state bodies are developed and accepted in state language, if necessary, their development can be conducted in Russian with providing, whenever possible, the translation into other languages.
Maintaining accounting and statistical, financial and technical documentation in system of state bodies, the organizations of the Republic of Kazakhstan, irrespective of patterns of ownership, is provided on state and in Russian languages.
Replies of the state and non-state organizations to addresses of citizens and other documents are given in state language or in address language.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.