of May 18, 2019 No. 65
About organic agricultural production in the Kyrgyz Republic
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on April 10, 2019
This Law determines the legal basis of production of organic agricultural products, its certification, governs the relations arising between certification bodies, producers of organic agricultural products, physical persons and legal entities, authorized bodies in the field of production of organic agricultural products and also creates conditions for development of the domestic market of organic agricultural products for the purpose of population requirements satisfaction in it and increases in its export.
In this Law the following concepts are used:
1) organic agricultural production - activities for production, storage and conversion of organic agricultural products of animal and phytogenesis according to requirements of this Law;
2) organic agricultural products - the agricultural products made according to requirements of this Law without use of agrochemicals, pesticides, antibiotics, hormonal medicines, gene-modified (genetically engineered, transgene) organisms, which are not subjected to processing with use of ionizing radiation;
3) organic foodstuff - the foodstuff made according to this Law, containing in the structure at least 95 percent of organic food ingredients from the mass of all ingredients (except for food salt and water);
4) forage (fodder products) - the natural products of vegetable, animal, mineral microbiological origin which are not making harmful effects on health of animals and the person and intended for feeding of animals;
5) food ingredient - foodstuff or substance (including nutritional supplements, fragrances) which according to compounding are used in case of production (production) of food products and are its component;
6) transition period from traditional agricultural production to organic farming - the certain period necessary for transition to production of organic agricultural products;
7) gene-modified (genetically engineered, transgene) organisms (further - GMO) - the organism or several organisms, any noncellular, monocelled or multicellular education capable to reproduction or transfer of heritable genetic material, the other than natural organisms, received using genetic engineering and (or) containing genetically engineered materials, including genes, their fragments or combinations of genes;
8) the product made from GMO - any product fully or partially developed from GMO;
9) the product made by means of GMO - any product received by use of GMO as the last live organism in production process, but which does not contain gene-modified organisms and does not consist of such organisms;
10) the producer of organic agricultural products - according to requirements of this Law the producer of organic agricultural products - physical person or legal entity;
11) state registration of the producer of organic agricultural products - registration of producer of organic agricultural products by authorized body of the executive authority;
12) the register of producers of organic agricultural products - the list of producers of organic agricultural products;
13) authorized body in the field of organic agricultural production - the state body determined by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, performing activities for regulation of processes of organic agricultural production within the competence;
14) certification body of organic agricultural products - the legal entity who is carrying out works on certification;
15) certification of organic agricultural products - the procedure of confirmation of conformity of product to requirements imposed to organic agricultural products;
16) traditional agricultural production - activities for production of agricultural products, without differentiation on organic and inorganic agricultural products;
17) aquaculture - cultivation and cultivation of water organisms in natural and artificial reservoirs.
The legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on organic agricultural production is based on provisions of the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Authorized body in the field of organic agricultural production within the competence:
1) develops the main directions of state policy in the sphere of organic agricultural production and will organize their accomplishment;
Develops 2) and approves rules of packaging, marking, certification, import, export and realization of organic agricultural products;
3) keeps registers of producers of organic agricultural products, and also organic agricultural products;
4) develops regulatory legal acts within the competence;
5) performs other powers provided by this Law.
1. This Law establishes the following types of organic agricultural products:
1) agricultural products of animal and phytogenesis;
2) products of primary conversion of agricultural plants, livestock production, aquacultures intended for consumption as foodstuff or forage;
3) forage (fodder products);
4) plant landing and sowing material;
5) the yeast used as foodstuff or forage;
6) aquaculture objects.
2. The types of organic products listed regarding 1 this Article shall meet the requirements specified in article 6 of this Law.
1. Transition conditions from traditional agricultural production to organic farming are established by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. Upon transition to organic farming the following conditions shall be complied:
1) during the transition period all rules established by the international treaties which came in the procedure established by the law into force which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic, the conventional principles, standards and rules of international law, and also according to the procedure, established by this Law for production of organic agricultural products are applied;
2) in case of partial conducting organic agricultural production and partial stay in condition, transitional to organic agricultural production, storage of integrally made products and products made during transition period, and also content of animals shall be performed separately;
3) products made during transition period according to the certificate confirming the status are implemented and marked as products of the corresponding transition period.
1. In case of production of organic agricultural products producers shall comply with the following conditions:
1) use only of healthy animals and plants;
2) implementation of production without use of agrochemicals, pesticides, antibiotics, hormonal medicines;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.