of November 29, 2000 No. 1783
About approval of the Instruction about quality and safety of food staples and foodstuff
For the purpose of implementation of the State program "Health of the people" approved by the Presidential decree of the Republic of Kazakhstan of November 16, 1998 No. 4153, the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan DECIDES:
1. Approve the enclosed Instruction about quality and safety of food staples and foodstuff.
2. To the agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for health care, to the Department of Energy, the industry and trade of the Republic of Kazakhstan, to the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan to take measures for implementation of this resolution.
3. This resolution becomes effective from the date of signing.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Approved by the order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of November 29, 2000 No. 1783
This Instruction establishes requirements to quality assurance and safety of food staples and foodstuff (further food products) and governs the relations arising between the manufacturer, the seller and the consumer at production phases, purchases, import, storage, transportation and realization (daleeoborota) of food products. This Instruction is developed according to the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan and other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
1. The food products which are turned out, imported and realized by physical persons and legal entities in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan shall conform to requirements imposed to it by regulating documents on standardization, sanitary, veterinary and sanitary, phytosanitary standards and rules, and also other technical regulations (further - regulating documents).
2. Main commonly accepted terms and concepts:
safety of foodstuff - condition of reasonable confidence that foodstuff in case of usual conditions of their use is not harmful and does not constitute health hazard present and future generations;
dietary supplements - natural (identical natural) biologically active agents intended for the use along with food or introductions in structure of foodstuff;
identification of foodstuff, materials and products - activities for establishment of compliance of certain foodstuff, materials and products to requirements of regulating, technical documents and information on foodstuff, materials and products containing in the documents attached to them and on labels;
quality of foodstuff - set of characteristics of the foodstuff capable to satisfy needs of the person for food in case of usual conditions of their use;
the materials and products contacting to foodstuff (further materials and products) - the materials and products applied to production, packaging, storage, transportation, realization and use of foodstuff including processing equipment, devices and devices, container, ware, dining facilities;
regulating documents - the national standards, health, veterinary and sanitary and phytosanitary regulations and regulations and other regulatory legal acts establishing quality requirements and safety of foodstuff, materials and products, to control of their quality and safety to conditions of their production, storage, transportation, realization and use, utilization or destruction of defective, dangerous foodstuff, materials and products;
turnover of foodstuff, materials and products - purchase and sale (including export and import) and different ways of transfer of foodstuff, materials and products (further - realization), their storage and transportation;
foodstuff - the products in the natural or processed type eaten by the person including products of baby food, bottled water, alcoholic products, chewing gum, and also food staples, nutritional supplements and dietary supplements;
food staples - the raw materials of vegetable, animal, microbiological, mineral, artificial origin and water used for production of foodstuff;
products of baby food - the foodstuff intended for food of children aged up to 14 years and meeting physiological requirements of children's organism;
products of dietary food - the foodstuff intended for clinical and preventive foods;
nutritional supplements - the natural or artificial substances and their connections entered into foodstuff in the course of their production for the purpose of giving to foodstuff of certain properties and (or) preserving their quality;
nutrition value of foodstuff - set of properties of foodstuff with which physiological needs of the person for necessary substances and energies are satisfied;
expiration date - the period after which foodstuff is considered unsuitable for proper use. The expiration date is established by the manufacturer of foodstuff with indication of the storage conditions guaranteeing in case of their observance product compliance to safety requirements for life and health of consumers;
storage duration - the period during which foodstuff in case of observance of the established storage conditions keeps all the properties specified in the regulating documentation or the purchase and sale agreement. After storage duration the product is suitable for consumption, however its consumer properties (consumer cost) can be lowered;
the certificate of quality and safety of foodstuff, materials and products - the document which the manufacturer (supplier) of foodstuff certifies compliance of quality and safety of batch of foodstuff, materials and products to requirements of regulating, technical documents;
utilization of foodstuff - the procedure of reference of foodstuff to the unsuitable, not meeting requirements of regulating documents and posing threat for life and human health, and also the environment and their destruction; counterfeited foodstuff, materials and products - foodstuff, materials and products, intentionally changed (counterfeit) and (or) having hidden properties and qualities, information on which is obviously incomplete or doubtful;
3. Advertizing of the products which are turned out imported and realized by legal entities and physical persons without documents confirmatory, according to the current legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan its safety, is not allowed.
1. The foodstuff intended for realization shall conform to the requirements for content of chemical and biological substances and their connections established by regulating documents, including radioactive, microbiological and others, constituting potential danger for human health.
2. Nutrition value of products of baby food shall correspond to condition of organism and age of the child and to be safe for health.
3. Products of treatment-and-prophylactic food, food and dietary supplements belong to products of special purpose and shall have the properties and characteristics corresponding to the regulating documentation approved in accordance with the established procedure by bodies of health care.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.