of December 27, 2018 No. 498-FZ
About the responsible treatment of animals and about modification of separate legal acts of the Russian Federation
Accepted by the State Duma on December 19, 2018
Approved by the Federation Council on December 21, 2018
1. This Federal Law governs the relations in the field of the treatment of animals for the purpose of protection of animals, and also strengthening of morality, respect for the principles of humanity, safety and other rights and legitimate interests of citizens in case of the treatment of animals.
2. Provisions of this Federal Law are not applied to the relations in the field of protection and use of fauna, to the relations in the field of fishery and preserving water biological resources, to the relations in the field of aquaculture (fish breeding), to the relations in the field of hunting and preserving hunting resources, to the relations in the field of content and use of farm animals and to the relations in the field of content and use of laboratory animals.
3. Charity, voluntary (volunteer) activities in the field of the treatment of animals are performed according to the legislation on charitable and voluntary (volunteer) activities.
4. The relations arising in transit animals are regulated by the legislation in the field of transport, the veterinary legislation of the Russian Federation and international treaties with participation of the Russian Federation.
The relations in the field of the treatment of animals are governed by this Federal Law, other Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation, and also the laws and other regulatory legal acts of subjects of the Russian Federation, regulatory legal acts of local government bodies adopted according to them.
For the purpose of this Federal Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the animal owner (further also - the owner) - physical person or the legal person to whom the animal belongs on the property right or other legal cause;
2) activities for the treatment of animals without owners - the activities including implementation of actions for catching of animals without owners including their transportation, and (or) other actions, stipulated by the legislation in the field of the treatment of animals;
3) the wild animals containing or used in the conditions of bondage (further also - wild animals in bondage), - the wild animals withdrawn from the circle of their dwelling (including imported on the territory of the Russian Federation from other states), posterity of such animals (including their hybrids);
4) pets are animals (except for the animals included in the list of the animals prohibited to content) who are on content of the owner - physical person, under its temporary or constant surveillance and which place of content are not zoos, zoos, circuses, zootheatres, dolphinariums, oceanariums;
5) animal abuse - the treatment of animal which brought or can lead to death, mutilation or other damage of health of animal (including torture of animal, including hunger, thirst, beating, other actions), violation of requirements to content of the animals established by this Federal Law, other Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation (including refusal of the owner of content of animal), of the done harm to health of animal, or non-rendering in the presence of opportunity by the owner of the help to the animal who is in life-threatening or health condition;
6) animal without owner - animal who has no owner or the owner of which it is unknown;
7) use of animals in the cultural and spectacular purposes - use of animals when implementing activities in the field of culture, rest and entertainments (including in zoos, zoos, circuses, zootheatres, dolphinariums, oceanariums), at exhibitions of animals, in sports competitions, in advertizing production process, during creation of works of cinematography, for production of photo and video production, on television, in educational activities, for the purpose of demonstration (including in places of retail trade, places of rendering services of public catering);
8) the place of content of animal - the building used by the animal owner, structure, construction, the room or the territory where the animal contains the most part of time within a day;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.