Ministry of Justice
Republic of Tajikistan
On January 4, 2019 No. 13
of December 29, 2018 No. 602
About the National strategy of the Republic of Tajikistan on decrease in risk of natural disasters for 2019-2030
According to article 18 of the constitutional Law of the Republic of Tajikistan "About the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan" and article 9 of the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan "About protection of the population and the territories against emergency situations of natural and technogenic nature" the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan decides:
1. Approve the National strategy of the Republic of Tajikistan on decrease in risk of natural disasters for 2019-2030 it (is applied).
2. Determine Committee on emergency situations and civil defense under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan by the coordinator of realization of National strategy of the Republic of Tajikistan on decrease in risk of natural disasters for 2019-2030.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Tajikistan
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan of December 29, 2018 No. 602
1. Tajikistan is one of the countries subject to spontaneous and other types of disasters. Natural disasters make negative impact on settlements, claiming the lives of people, destroying infrastructure and creating obstacles for further social and economic development of the country. With respect thereto, acceptance and realization of National Strategy for decrease in risk of natural disasters for 2019-2030 (further - Strategy) is important political step for Tajikistan.
2. Strategy is developed taking into account the National Strategy of development for the Republic of Tajikistan for the period till 2030, the learned lessons of realization of National strategy of the Republic of Tajikistan of risk management of natural disasters for 2010-2015 (further Strategy for 2010-2015) implemented by the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan and according to new approaches of the world community to questions of risk of natural disasters, including problems of the climate change stated in the Sendai framework programme on decrease in risk of natural disasters for 2015-2030 (further - the Sendai program) and Sustainable development goals till 2030.
3. In Strategy the progress made by our country in the field of decrease in risk of natural disasters for 1997-2018 is analyzed, are considered strong and weaknesses of risk management process, the attention is focused on methods of readiness and response to disasters, and also on the basis of the existing problems the purposes and tasks of new strategy for decrease in risk of natural disasters for Tajikistan are determined.
4. The purpose of Strategy consists in decrease existing and prevention of new risks of natural disasters on the basis of building-up of the national capacity on risk management of natural disasters. Four key tasks will be directed to realization of this purpose.
The first task - to reduce by 2030 the number of the dead, victims and amount of damage as a result of natural disasters, in comparison with the period of 2005-2015. For the solution of this task number of measures, including the following will be implemented:
- the regular analysis of the major factors and reasons resulting in death rate among the population and to economic damage as a result of natural disasters;
- evaluating risk with focus not only on threats, but also on determination of vulnerability of the population to risk, determination of potential taking into account tender and age factors and the available resources for management, and decrease in vulnerability, determination of priority threats, risk factors, areas and the most subject national groups for taking measures to decrease in risk;
- creation of the database and inclusion of the disaggregated (divided) information on sex, age and disability in assessment of vulnerability in danger/risk conditions;
- development for each type of threat of complex of adequate measures for the purpose of readiness and response to disasters.
The second task - to provide access for all concerned parties to information on risk of natural disasters. This task will be solved in the way:
- creations national and local databases on exchange of information about natural disasters which will allow to combine data on natural disasters for last years, the results of risk assessment supplied warning systems, the information on impact of natural disasters, transactions on assistance and recovery in the single source available to officials of the relevant state bodies, to subject risk and affected population, and all other concerned parties;
- evaluating technical condition of buildings and constructions of educational institutions on resistance to natural disasters;
- implementation and active use of information and communication technologies and other innovative solutions.
The third task - to integrate measures for risk management of natural disasters in development. This task will be solved by means of:
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.