of January 3, 2019 No. 212-VI ZRK
This Law governs the public relations and determines legal, economic and organizational basis of the sphere of cinematography.
For the purposes of this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) socially important movies - urgent movies, including the historical, directed to increase in patriotic, spiritual and moral, intellectual and cultural potential societies, education of younger generation;
2) the movie of coproduction - the movie which production is performed with participation of foreign physical and (or) legal entities and citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan and (or) legal entities of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3) debut cinema - the movies made by the beginning authors;
4) voice-over - type of transfer of the movie in case of which the translated speech is imposed on original soundtrack of the work;
5) cinematography - the culture industry combining creative, organizational and production, economic, scientific, educational the types of activity directed to production, use and storage of movies;
6) the cinema organization - the legal entity whose core activities are: production of the movie and (or) film chronicle, hire of the movie, display of the movie, recovery of the movie, maintenance of cinema hall, production of film materials, performance of works and rendering services in production of the movie, educational, scientific, research, publishing, advertizing and propaganda activities in the field of cinematography, storage of the movie;
7) the film project - set (packet) of documents and materials (the scenario, director's explication, the estimate on production of the movie, the calendar and production plan, the marketing plan, visual materials) based on which production and hire of the movie are performed;
8) the film chronicle - the documentary plots reflecting characteristics of time, the place, circumstances and expected in the long term production of the movie;
9) the movies made in the Republic of Kazakhstan - the movies made by citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan and (or) legal entities of the Republic of Kazakhstan and which owners are also citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan and (or) legal entities of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
10) the State fund of movies - the legal entity determined by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, performing storage of movies;
11) the State register of movies - the list of movies which hire and display are performed in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
12) movies events - movies to anniversary and to memorials, devoted to outstanding persons, socially significant and significant events;
13) subtitling - process of addition of text support of the movie in original language or the translated, duplicative and (or) supplementing dialogues and actions in scenes;
14) authorized body - the central executive body performing management and cross-industry coordination in the field of cinematography;
15) the certificate of the national movie - the document of the established sample certifying the right of physical person or legal entity to the measures of the state support provided by this Law;
16) the movie - the audiovisual work created on the basis of creative intention, consisting of the image and soundtrack fixed on the carrier and connected in thematic whole;
17) duplication of the movie (dubbing-in) - the creative and productive activity consisting in synchronous reconstruction of language part of sound number of the movie in other language by transfer which corresponds to syllabic articulation of characters;
18) the distribution certificate on the movie (further - the distribution certificate) - the document of the established sample certifying the right of physical person or legal entity to distribution of the movie in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan in which technical data on the movie, information on creators, age category and genre of the movie are specified;
19) storage of movies - the activities aimed at providing reliable, long-term storage of movies and the film chronicle and their initial materials, preventive processing, restoration and recovery of initial materials and copies of movies;
20) initial materials of movies and the film chronicle - negative, контратип, image negative, soundtrack negative, the reference copy, adjusting rollers, passports and records to them, the control copy of the movie, the original of magnetic soundtracks of rewriting, music, noise, video soundtrack master, compact disk and other materials necessary for replication of the movie in any material form;
21) display of the movie - the public demonstration of the movie performed in cinema hall on TV, the radio channels extended in networks of telecommunications and other technical methods;
22) hire of the movie - distribution of the movie by the methods which are not prohibited by the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the purpose of its display;
23) registration of the movie - introduction of data on the movie intended for distribution in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan into the State register of movies;
24) replication of the movie - production of one or more copies of the movie (circulation) in any material form;
25) production of the movie - implementation process of creative intention of the author as a result of which the movie is created;
26) limited hire - one-time display of movies in cinema halls which quantity does not exceed ten percent from total number of the cinema halls functioning in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
1. The legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on cinematography is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
2. If the international treaty ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan establishes other rules, than those which contain in this Law then are applied rules of the international treaty.
State policy in the field of cinematography is implemented based on the principles:
1) creations of conditions for production, use, replication, hire, display and storage of national movies;
2) stimulations and supports of distribution and promotion of national movies, including in foreign countries;
3) state support of development of creative, production, technical, educational and scientific base of cinematography;
4) availability of works of cinematography to the population in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
5) creations of conditions for development of Kazakh in the field of cinematography.
Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1) creates state policy in the field of cinematography;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.