of March 6, 2006 No. 35-FZ
About counteraction to terrorism
Accepted by the State Duma of the Russian Federation on February 26, 2006
Approved by Council of the Russian Federation on March 1, 2006
This Federal Law establishes the basic principles of counteraction to terrorism, legal and organizational basis of prevention of terrorism and fight against it, minimization and (or) mitigations of consequences of manifestations of terrorism, and also legal and organizational basis of application of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation in fight against terrorism.
The legal basis of counteraction to terrorism is constituted by the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the conventional principles and rules of international law, the international agreements of the Russian Federation, this Federal Law and other Federal Laws, regulatory legal acts of the President of the Russian Federation, regulatory legal acts of the Government of the Russian Federation, and also regulatory legal acts of other federal bodies of the government adopted according to them.
Counteraction to terrorism in the Russian Federation is based on the following basic principles:
1) providing and protection of basic rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
3) priority of protection of the rights and legitimate interests of persons which are exposed to terrorist danger;
4) inevitability of punishment for implementation of terrorist activities;
5) systemacity and complex use of political, information and propaganda, social and economic, legal, special and other measures of counteraction to terrorism;
6) cooperation of the state with public and religious associations, the international and other organizations, citizens in counteraction to terrorism;
7) the priority died preventions of terrorism;
8) one-man management in management raised by forces and funds when carrying out counter-terrorist operations;
9) combination of public and secret methods of counteraction to terrorism;
10) confidentiality of data on special means, techniques, tactics of implementation of actions for fight against terrorism, and also about the list of their participants;
11) inadmissibility of political concessions to terrorists;
12) minimization and (or) mitigation of consequences of manifestations of terrorism;
13) proportionality of measures of counteraction to terrorism of degree of terrorist danger.
In this Federal Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) terrorism - the ideology of violence and practice of impact on decision making by public authorities, local government bodies or international organizations connected with intimidation of the population and (or) other forms of illegal violent acts;
2) terrorist activities - the activities including:
a) organization, planning, preparation, financing and realization of act of terrorism;
b) instigation to act of terrorism;
c) the organization of illegal armed group, criminal society (the criminal organization), organized group for realization of act of terrorism, and participation in such structure is equal;
d) recruitment, arms, training and use of terrorists;
e) information or other complicity in planning, preparation or realization of act of terrorism;
e) promotion of the ideas of terrorism, distribution of the materials or information calling for implementation of terrorist activities or proving or justifying need of implementation of such activities;
3) act of terrorism - making of explosion, the arson or other actions frightening the population and creating danger of death of the person, causing significant property damage or approach of other heavy effects, for the purpose of destabilization of activities of authorities or international organizations or impact on adoption of decisions by them, and also threat of making of the specified actions in the same purposes;
4) counteraction to terrorism - activities of public authorities and local government bodies, and also physical persons and legal entities on:
a) to the prevention of terrorism, including on identification and the subsequent elimination of the reasons and conditions promoting making of acts of terrorism (terrorism prevention);
b) to identification, prevention, suppression, disclosure and investigation of act of terrorism (fight against terrorism);
c) minimization and (or) mitigations of consequences of manifestations of terrorism;
5) counter-terrorist operation - complex of special, operational and fighting, army and other events using military equipment, weapon and special means for suppression of act of terrorism, neutralization of terrorists, safety of physical persons, organizations and organizations, and also on minimization of effects of act of terrorism.
6) anti-terrorist security of object (territory) - the condition of security of the building, structure, construction, other object, the place of mass stay of people interfering making of act of terrorism. At the same time the place of mass stay of people is understood as the territory public of the settlement or city district, or the specially allotted territory beyond their limits, or the place public in the building, structure, construction, on other object on which under certain conditions there can be at the same time more than fifty people.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.