of January 11, 2000 No. 1370-XIV
About allowing activities in the field of use of nuclear energy
This Law determines the legal and organizational principles of allowing activities in the field of use of nuclear energy, and also general provisions of regulation of the public relations arising in case of its carrying out as exception of the general provisions established by the Law of Ukraine "About licensing of certain types of economic activity".
Allowing activities in the field of use of nuclear energy are directed to protection of interests of national security, ensuring protection of the person and the environment against impact of ionizing radiation, respect for the principles of radiation protection, and also observance of requirements of non-proliferation regime of nuclear weapon.
In this Law the following terms are used in such value:
1) use of sources of ionizing radiation - one of separate types of activity in the field of use of nuclear energy which includes such work types with sources of ionizing radiation: operation, technical maintenance, charging reloading, recalibration, repair, adjustment, carrying out testing for the purpose of determination of technical characteristics and check on hermeticity; introduction and conclusion from operation of installations which contain sources of ionizing radiation; installation and dismantle, storage (except transit storage during transportation), obtaining (acquisition) and transfer (is sold), including for the purpose of delivery;
2) state registration of sources of ionizing radiation - entering into the State register of the sources of ionizing radiation and individual doses of radiation of information on the sources of ionizing radiation made in the territory of Ukraine or imported or which are exported through frontier of Ukraine and also about owners of such sources, physical persons and legal entities to which they are assigned as economic maintaining or operational management or stay in their ownership or use on other bases;
3) activities in the field of use nuclear energiideyatelnost in the course of which additional sources of ionizing radiation are used action of the specified radiation extends to additional groups of people or the system of the directions of radiation from the existing sources in this connection the dose or probability of radiation of people or the number of people which are irradiated raises changes;
4) documents of allowing nature - the license, permissions, including separate permissions, certificates on approval in case of transportation of radioactive materials;
5) the operating organization (operator) - the legal entity designated by the state who is carrying out the activities connected with the choice of the platform, designing, construction, putting into operation, operation, removal from operation of nuclear installation or the choice of the platform, designing, construction, operation, closing of storage for burial of radioactive waste; ensuring nuclear and radiation safety, physical protection of nuclear installation or storage for burial of radioactive waste at all stages of their lifecycle and bearing responsibility for nuclear harm;
6) stages of lifecycle of storage for burial of radioactive waste - the choice of the platform, designing, construction, operation, closing;
7) stages of lifecycle of nuclear installation - the choice of the platform, designing, construction, putting into operation, operation, removal from operation;
8) - set of the interconnected processes of gradual changes of condition of nuclear installation or storage since the choice of the platform for their placement and finishing lifecycle of nuclear installation or storage for burial of radioactive waste with return of the platform to general economy use;
9) the licensee - the subject of activities in the field of use of nuclear energy to which in the procedure established by the legislation the license for carrying out activities in the field of use of nuclear energy is granted;
10) the license for carrying out activities in the field of use of nuclear energy - the document of allowing nature issued by authorized body of state regulation of nuclear and radiation safety which certifies the right of the licensee to carrying out activities in the field of use of nuclear energy on condition of ensuring nuclear and radiation safety, physical protection of nuclear installations, nuclear materials, radioactive waste, other sources of ionizing radiation;
11) licensing - issue, modification, stop of action and cancellation of licenses, issue of duplicates of licenses; conducting licensed cases, control of observance by licensees of the conditions of carrying out licensed activities established by regulations and rules on nuclear and radiation safety and physical protection of nuclear installations, nuclear materials, radioactive waste, other sources of ionizing radiation; issue of orders about elimination of violations of conditions of carrying out licensed activities;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.