of November 29, 2017 No. ZR-196
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on November 15, 2017
1. This Law regulates the legal basis of the organization of defense of the Republic of Armenia, activities of state bodies in the field of defense and bodies of territorial administration, local self-government, officials, the organizations, irrespective of their form of business, Armed forces and other troops, the right and obligation of citizens in the course of participation in defense of the Republic of Armenia, and also the relations connected with carrying out mobilization preparation and mobilization.
The legislation of the Republic of Armenia in the field of defense consists of the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, international treaties of the Republic of Armenia, this Law and other sublegislative regulatory legal acts.
1. In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) defense - set of application of measures and implementation of actions of political, military, economic, information, social, legal and other nature in peace time and in the conditions of warlike situation for the purpose of ensuring territorial integrity of the Republic of Armenia, immunity and cross-border security, including security of citizens from military threats;
2) policy in the field of defense - establishment and implementation of priorities of ensuring defense of the Republic of Armenia, including by strategic planning of defense and strategic review of defense, adoption of the leading strategic documents;
3) strategic planning of defense - comprehensive, iyerarkhizirovanny, is perspective the oriented and continuous process directed to planning and development of opportunities and structure of system of military safety;
4) strategic review of defense - establishment of the purposes and tasks of strategic planning of defense on the basis of comprehensive assessment of the circle of safety which are available and potential military hazards, available resources and opportunities of their neutralization;
5) system of military safety of the state - set of the legislation of the Republic of Armenia on the sphere of defense, state bodies, bodies of territorial administration and local self-government and officials, Armed forces, other troops, the joint forming of Armed forces, militias, forces of authorized state body of civil defense and on emergency situations, and also the military industrial complex and the organizations performing functions according to the solution of the tasks of military safety including having mobilization tasks;
6) Armed forces - the government military institution which provides military component of defense of the Republic of Armenia;
7) other troops - troops of police, border troops, service of the state protection and special divisions of homeland security;
8) the joint forming of Armed forces - the international forces created with participation of Armed forces of the Republic of Armenia according to international treaties of the Republic of Armenia;
9) forces of authorized state body of civil defense and on emergency situations - divisions of civil defense and rescuing;
9. 1) militia - complex of the divisions operating in subordination at the General Staff of armed forces by the principle of voluntariness of citizens and the territorial principle the citizens entering which participate in the armed defense of the Republic of Armenia;
10) military industrial complex - system of scientific, research and production, production and other organizations and state bodies which activities are directed to realization of military and technical policy of the state;
11) mobilization preparation - set of the actions performed in peace time by state bodies and bodies of territorial administration, local self-government, the organizations irrespective of form of business, and with participation of citizens for the purpose of protection of the state against armed attack and requirements satisfaction of Armed forces and other troops, economy and the population during war;
12) mobilization - complex of actions for transfer of activities of state bodies and bodies of territorial administration, local self-government and the organizations in operating mode in case of warlike situation, Armed forces and other troops on the organization and structure of wartime, to implementation of mobilization appeal of citizens;
13) use of vehicles for the purpose of defense (further - military transport obligation) - complex of the actions performed for providing with state bodies and bodies of territorial administration, local self-government, physical persons and legal entities of Armed forces of the Republic of Armenia and other troops by vehicles in peace time and in warlike situation;
14) mobilization task - the state order this by the organizations by the Government of the Republic of Armenia for the purpose of requirements satisfaction of Armed forces and other troops, economy and the population in wartime.
1. Defense of the Republic of Armenia will be organized and performed on the basis of the principles of legality, respect of the rights and fundamental human freedoms, democratic to civil control of activities of Armed forces, involvement of state bodies and bodies of territorial administration, local self-government, physical persons and legal entities.
1. The organization of defense of the Republic of Armenia includes in peace time:
1) establishment of the main directions of policy in the field of defense;
2) forecast, assessment and planning of actions for prevention of military threat;
3) legal regulation of the sphere of defense;
4) creation, development of Armed forces, creation of system of militia, other troops, divisions of civil defense and rescuing with necessary structure, numerical structure which are grown stout by modern arms, military and other equipment and property with high fighting capacity and preparation, and also planning of their expansion and application;
5) mobilization preparation;
6) the organization of military accounting of citizens, carrying out appeal on obligatory military service, the organization of contractual military service, implementation of actions for reserve preparation with involvement of citizens and vehicles;
7) international cooperation and expansion of military and diplomatic opportunities;
8) planning and implementation of actions of civil defense;
9) development of military industrial complex;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.