of June 21, 2018 No. 2469-VIII
About homeland security of Ukraine
This Law according to Articles 1, of 2, of 17, 18 and 92 Constitutions of Ukraine determines bases and the principles of homeland security and defense, the purpose and the basic principles of state policy which will guarantee to society and each citizen protection against threats.
This Law determines and differentiated powers of state bodies in spheres of homeland security and defense, the basis for integration of policy and procedures of public authorities, other state bodies which functions concern homeland security and defense, security forces and forces of defense is created, the system of command, control and coordination of transactions of security forces and forces of defense is determined, comprehensive approach to planning in spheres of homeland security and defense is entered, providing thus democratic civil control over bodies and forming of the sector of safety and defense.
1. The terms provided in this Law are used in such value:
1) the military conflict - form of permission of interstate or interstate contradictions with bilateral use of military force; main types of the military conflict is war and armed conflict;
2) military safety - security of the state sovereignty, territorial integrity and democratic constitutional system and other vital national interests from military threats;
3) public safety and procedure - security vital for society and the identity of interests, rights and freedoms of man and citizen which providing is priority task of activities of security forces, other state bodies, local government bodies, their officials and the public which perform agreed measures on realization and protection of national interests against impact of threats;
4) state security - security of the state sovereignty, territorial integrity and democratic constitutional system and other vital national interests from real and potential hazards of not military nature;
5) democratic civil control - complex performed according to the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine of legal, organizational, information, personnel and other measures for ensuring supremacy of law, legality, accountability, transparency of bodies of the sector of safety and defense and other bodies which activities are connected with restriction in the cases of human rights and freedoms determined by the law, assistance of their effective activities and to accomplishment of the functions assigned to them, strengthening of homeland security of Ukraine;
6) threats of homeland security of Ukraine - the phenomena, tendencies and factors which make impossible or complicate or can make impossible or complicate realization of national interests and preserving national values of Ukraine;
7) armed conflict - armed conflict between the states (the international armed conflict, armed conflict on frontier) or between the conflicting parties within the territory of one state, as a rule, with support from the outside (internal armed conflict);
8) complex survey of the sector of safety and defense - assessment procedure of condition and readiness of components of the sector of safety and defense to accomplishment of tasks to destination by results of which conceptual documents of development of components of the sector of safety and defense are developed and specified and are determined the measures directed to achievement by them of necessary forces and means for accomplishment of tasks to destination in the flowing and predicted conditions of the safe circle;
9) homeland security of Ukraine - security of the state sovereignty, territorial integrity, democratic constitutional system and other national interests from real and potential hazards;
10) national interests - the vital interests of the person, society and state which realization provides the state sovereignty of Ukraine, its progressive democratic development, and also safe conditions of activity and welfare of her citizens;
11) defensive survey - assessment procedure of condition and readiness of forces of defense for accomplishment of tasks on defense of Ukraine, condition their personnel, financial, material and other types of providing;
12) defensive planning - component of system of the state strategic planning which is performed for the purpose of ensuring defense capability of the state by determination of priorities and directions of development of forces of defense, their capabilities, arms and military equipment, infrastructure, training of troops (forces), and also development of the corresponding concepts, programs and plans taking into account real and potential hazards in the military sphere and financial and economic opportunities of the state;
13) defense industry complex of Ukraine - set of state bodies, companies, organizations and organizations of the industry and science which develop make, modernize and utilize military products, render services for the benefit of defense for equipment and material security of security forces and forces of defense, and also perform delivery of military goods and double use, military rendering of services during accomplishment of actions of military and technical cooperation of Ukraine with other states;
14) survey of defense industry complex of Ukraine - assessment procedure of condition and readiness of defense industry complex on satisfaction of need of the sector of safety and defense in arms, the military and special equipment;
15) planning in the sphere of homeland security - function of public administration with determination of priorities, tasks and measures for ensuring national security of Ukraine, the balanced development of components of the sector of safety and defense on the basis of assessment of safety of situation and taking into account financial and economic opportunities of the state;
16) the sector of safety and defense - the system of public authorities, the Armed Forces of Ukraine formed according to the laws of Ukraine of other military forming, law enforcement and prospecting agencies, state bodies of special purpose with law-enforcement functions, forces of civil protection, defense industry complex of Ukraine which activities are under democratic civil control and according to the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine on functional purpose is directed to protection of national interests of Ukraine against threats, and also citizens and public associations which voluntarily participate in ensuring national security of Ukraine;
17) security forces - law enforcement and prospecting agencies, state bodies of special purpose with law-enforcement functions, forces of civil protection and other bodies to which the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine assign functions on ensuring national security of Ukraine;
18) defense forces - The Armed Forces of Ukraine, and also other military forming formed according to the laws of Ukraine, law enforcement and prospecting agencies, bodies of special purpose with law-enforcement functions to which the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine assign functions on ensuring defense of the state;
19) the Strategy of homeland security of Ukraine - the document which determines urgent threats of homeland security of Ukraine and the answering purpose, tasks, mechanisms of protection of national interests of Ukraine and is basis for planning and realization of state policy in the sphere of homeland security;
20) the Strategy of military safety of Ukraine - the document in which the frame of reference on origins, essence and nature of the modern military conflicts, the principles and ways of prevention of their origin, preparation of the state for the possible military conflict, and also on use of military force for protection of the state sovereignty, territorial integrity, other vital national interests is stated;
21) the Strategy of cyber security of Ukraine - the document of long-term planning determining threats of cyber security of Ukraine, priorities and the directions of ensuring cyber security of Ukraine for the purpose of creation of conditions for safe functioning of cyberspace, its use for the benefit of the personality, societies and the states;
22) the Strategic defensive bulletin of Ukraine - the document of defensive planning which is developed by results of the defensive overview and determines the main directions of realization of military policy of Ukraine, strategic objectives of development and the expected results of their achievement taking into account urgent military-political threats and challenges;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.