of February 14, 2005 No. 635
About approval of the State program on development of fuel and energy complex of the Azerbaijan Republic (2005-2015)
For the purpose of deepening of development of the fuel and energy complex having exclusive value for economy and social life of the Azerbaijan Republic, improvement of providing the population and economy with energy resources and increase in efficiency of use of energy resources I decide:
2. The coordinator of the actions provided by the State program to determine the Department of Energy of the Azerbaijan Republic.
3. To Department of Energy of the Azerbaijan Republic, the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic, "Azerenerzhi joint-stock company, another corresponding central and to local executive bodies within the powers to perform necessary measures for implementation of the State program.
4. To the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic and the Department of Energy of the Azerbaijan Republic to resolve the issues following from this Order.
President of the Azerbaijan Republic
Approved by the Order of the President of the Azerbaijan Republic of February 14, 2005 No. 635
It is known that the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic is rich with hydrocarbonic resources. On Absheron and in the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea there are large-scale oil and gas deposits and structures.
Their use was urgent at all times, and, especially, after recovery of the state independence by the Azerbaijan Republic, effective use of natural resources for improvement of welfare of the population and growth of economy acquired bigger value.
The new oil strategy performed since 1994 as a result of resolute policy of the national leader of the Azerbaijani people President Heydar Aliyev played the major role in integration of Azerbaijan into the international economic system and attraction into the country of foreign investments. The "Contract of century" on development of the hydrocarbon fields located in the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea signed with leading oil companies on its personal initiative and under its direct management gave new impulse for development of the oil and gas country of the sector during the modern period.
Fuel and energy complex plays exclusive role in social and economic development of the Azerbaijan Republic. Today the main objective facing fuel and energy complex of the country consists in fixing of success achieved over the last ten years, providing more complete satisfaction of need of the population for energy resources. In the program prepared for accomplishment of this major task the main directions of development of the industries entering this complex the forthcoming 10 years are determined and implementation of specific actions for their realization is provided.
The purpose of the State program is more complete satisfaction of need of the population of economy for electrical energy, gas and other energy carriers by complex development of fuel and energy complex of the Azerbaijan Republic in the forthcoming ten years.
The main objectives of the State program consist in the following:
- determine the main directions of development of fuel and energy complex of the Azerbaijan Republic according to modern requirements;
- perform the relevant scientific and technical and organizational activities for increase in efficiency of action of the industries entering fuel and energy complex;
- provide implementation of progressive technological actions for production, conversion, transportation, storage, accounting and consumption of energy resources;
- create environment for healthy competition in the fuel and energy sector;
- increase the volume of investment, attracted to fuel and energy complex development;
- ensure ecological safety in fuel and energy complex;
- provide more complete implementation of payments for consumption of fuel and energy resources (the electric power and natural gas).
So far in the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic 71 oil and 4 gas fields were open. 43 of them are located on land areas; 28 in the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea. Now development (operation) of 54 fields, including 36 on the land and 18 in the sea continues, 9 are at investigation stage.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.