of April 3, 2018 No. 281
About approval of National strategy according to the prevention and fight against violence against women and violence in family for 2018-2023 and the Action plan on its implementation
Based on Item a) parts (1) article 8 of the Law No. 45-XVI of March 1, 2007 on the prevention and suppression of violence in family (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2008, Art. No. 55-56, 178), with subsequent changes and amendments, the Presidential decree of the Republic of Moldova No. 2511-VII of December 15, 2016 "About approval of signing of the Convention of the Council of Europe on prevention and fight against violence against women and domestic violence", and also for the purpose of strengthening and reduction in compliance of national system according to the prevention and suppression of violence in family with international standards in the field the Government DECIDES:
1) National strategy according to the prevention and fight against violence against women and violence in family for 2018-2023 according to appendix No. 1.
2) the Action plan for 2018-2020 on implementation of National strategy according to the prevention and fight against violence against women and violence in family for 2018-2023 according to appendix No. 2.
3) the Action plan for 2021-2022 on implementation of National strategy according to the prevention and fight against violence against women and violence in family for 2018-2023, according to appendix No. 3.
2. Determine that realization of National strategy according to the prevention and fight against violence against women and violence in family for 2018-2023 will be performed by means of two action plans which will take root relevant organs during 2018-2020 and 2021-2022.
3. Implementation of actions of this Strategy will be performed for the account and within budgets of the organizations/bodies specified in the action plan for the corresponding years and also at the expense of other sources according to the legislation.
4. To provide to the ministries and other central administrative authorities implementation of provisions of the specified Strategy and annually, till April 30, to inform the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection on the level of its realization.
5. Recommend to bodies of local public authority to provide implementation at the local level of provisions of the specified Strategy.
6. To the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection:
1) it is excluded;
2) to perform monitoring and to coordinate process of implementation of the specified Strategy and action plans on 2018-2020 and 2021-2022;
3) to generalize information and to represent to the Government annually, till May 30, the report on realization of actions.
7. To impose control over the implementation of this resolution on the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection.
Minister of Health, work and social protection
Minister of Education, culture and researches
Minister of Internal Affairs
Minister of Finance
Octavian to Armash
Appendix No. 1
to the Order of the Government of April 3, 2018 No. 281
1. Violence against women and violence in family are the most non-capital and widespread offenses which modern societies as violate the rights and human dignity of members of data of societies face. These phenomena are present at all states of the world, irrespective of type of their political or economic organization, welfare of the population, race, culture.
2. The prevention and fight against violence in family as element of national policy on protection and family support are important task of the Government of the Republic of Moldova. With adoption of the framework law on the prevention and fight against violence in family the important step in creation of the institutional and operational national mechanism on permission of cases of violence in family was taken that marks acceptance and implementation of the international human rights obligations by the Republic of Moldova. From the moment of recognition of the fact that the violence phenomenon in family is social problem were registered significant progresses among which:
1) adoption of law No. 45-XVI of March 1, 2007 on the prevention and suppression of violence in family, and also the subsequent introduction of amendments to the legislation by means of the Law No. 167 of July 9, 2010 on change and amendment of some legal acts that improved the mechanism of permission of cases of violence in family, provided efficiency of the procedure of issue of the protective instruction and legitimized the rights of the victims to protection and support;
2) approval of the regulations regulating activities of the social services dealing with violence issues in family and also the minimum quality standards;
3) approval of sectoral instructions for specialists with competences in the prevention and fight against violence of family: social workers, doctors, police officers, and also coordinate multidisciplinary reply of bodies of local public authority to this phenomenon;
4) strengthening of the institutional mechanism and organization of specialized body of cross-industry coordination - Interministerial coordination council in the field of the prevention and fight against violence in family;
5) holding actions for strengthening of capabilities of the specialists having competence in the field;
6) promotion of modification of 11 legal acts in the context of improvement of the mechanism of permission of cases of violence in family, and also partial reduction in compliance of the national legal system with regulations of the Convention of the Council of Europe on the prevention and fight against violence against women and domestic violence, by approval of the Law No. 196 of July 28, 2016 on modification and amendments in some legal acts;
7) initiation of process of accession of the Republic of Moldova to the Convention of the Council of Europe on the prevention and fight against violence against women and domestic violence (The Istanbul convention) by means of signing of the Convention on February 6, 2017.
3. Special attention to women in violence cases in family is determined by unequal ratio of forces between men and women which was established throughout historical periods. Concerning the violence phenomenon in family, the unequal ratio of forces between men and women has considerable consequences for quality of life of family members, exerting special impact on women and children, and also on their chances to participate in social and economic life. Psychoemotional and economic consequences of violence against women, and also the aspects connected with social and structural barriers (stereotypic perception of role of women and men in family life, condemnation of the victim by society, low level of credibility to the authorities having competence of permission of cases, etc.), limit their decisions in case of the request for the help and protection. Acts of violence also have deep consequences for children. It is also reflected in opportunities of the children victims or children who became witnesses of acts of violence to participate in education, sport and in social life. The profile of victims of violence in family includes also elderly people, physically disabled people, men (their share is less in comparison with share of women) whose needs shall be considered in specialized services and policy.
4. Despite the registered progresses, the researches and analyses conducted in recent years are specified existence of problems and shortcomings of system, as for approach to the phenomenon of violence against women and violence in family.
5. As well as any negative phenomenon of social nature, violence against women and violence in family involves social and economic costs (increase in number of hospital leaves, labor productivity decline, death rate growth, increase in expenses on punishment/provision of support and consultations to aggressors and for recovery of victims, content of the children who were left without parent leaving), and also moral costs (deterioration in the relations between partners, disintegration of families, disorganization of the relations between parents and children, rise in crime in society, etc.). The problem of economic consequences of violence against women and violence in family is several decades subject of attention of the governments of many states of the world. Thus, in many states the researches oriented to consideration and the analysis of consequences of violence against women and violence in family for economic aspects from two points of view were conducted: expenses on support and protection of the victims and negative influence of the phenomenon of violence on national economy in general. Only in the European Union the expenses caused by violence were estimated at 228 billion euros in 2011. The research conducted in 2013 in Great Britain specifies what the costs incurred by the victims owing to violence in family vary from 27.000 to more than 70.000. The researches conducted in Australia and Canada estimate annual costs owing to domestic violence in 8, of 1 billion Australian dollars and, respectively, 4, 2 billion Canadian dollars.
6. In 2016, for the first time in the Republic of Moldova the Valuation report of the expenses caused by violence in family and violence against women was constituted. In the report the expenses for 2014 relating, in particular, to the fields of social protection, medicine and justice were considered. Thus, in the report it was counted that expenses in these three sectors constituted about 36 million lei. Considering the reaction mechanism directed to reduction of consequences, but not on the prevention, the majority of the estimated expenses it was established in the field of health care – about 15.845.000 lei. Expenses in the sector of justice are estimated at the rate about 14.990.000 lei, in this case it is expenses on the support given to victims of violence during legal procedures in the criminal/civil procedure. Expenses in the social sector are estimated approximately at 5.195.000 lei. According to research, 60% of social services become covered by non-profit organizations. It should be noted that the contribution of the victims to covering of services of legal profession exceeds contribution of the state four times. In this context, the victims also incur considerable part of expenses on health care; thereof, the expenses incurred by the victims exceed in 1, time contribution of the state. The conclusions provided in the running report are in addition specified that more than 30% of the services recommended by international standards as essential do not exist in the Republic of Moldova or are inefficient. At the same time, in research it is estimated that only for 4 years about 1.550.970 lei are paid as compensation based on decisions of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR).
7. Researches in the field prove that the violence phenomenon in family proceeds through children who become the victims or witnesses of acts of violence. The parents who became witnesses or the victims of improper treatment in the childhood show tendency of use of this behavior model in relation to the children and family members.
8. Considering scales and negative consequences of the phenomenon of violence in family, there is necessary acceptance and implementation of the firm system measures conforming to international standards in the field, in particular Conventions of the Council of Europe on the prevention and fight against violence against women and domestic violence.
9. In spite of the fact that the violence problem in family was recognized as social problem nearly a one decades ago, scales of this phenomenon are specified that the problem continues to have essential value. According to the statistical data estimated by the World Health Organization at the global level the fact that 35% of women who were or are in the relations is confirmed, were exposed to physical or sexual abuse from the partner in life. The official statistics of the Council of Europe specifies that every fourth woman suffered from physical abuse during the life, and one of ten women was exposed to sexual violence. About 45% of women suffered from any form of violence during the life. The existing estimates are specified that 12% - 15% of women in Europe at the age of more than 16 years are victims of violence in family. According to the research "Violence against Women in the European Union", annually in the European Union about 3500 death, coherent with violence in family are registered, and daily register 9 victims, 7 of which – women.
10. At the national level the phenomenon is analysed by means of the research "Violence against Women in Family" conducted in 2011 by National bureau of statistics which determined that two of three women since the moment when it performed 15 years, were exposed to violence, and in the last 12 months – one woman from three. According to the mentioned research, violence influences large number of women, irrespective of age, the living environment and the social and economic status. Degree of general prevalence of violence from the husband/partner in life since the moment when to the woman 15 years were performed, constitutes 63%, and for the last 12 months constitutes about 27%. Recognizes the analysis of profile of the victims that most of all are exposed to the violence phenomenon in the woman's family in the rural zone, with the low education level, jobless or working in agricultural industry at own expense.
11. From range of the crimes provided by the Istanbul convention concerning violence against women, data of National bureau of statistics of the Republic of Moldova contain at the current stage only the crimes connected with rape. The statistical picture in this relation specifies growth of number of rapes among crimes of sexual nature – from 215 cases in 2000 up to 352 cases in 2014. The quantity of cases of rape on 100 000 inhabitants shows the same tendency of growth, from 6 cases in 2000 to 10 cases in 2014.
12. The research conducted by the International center "La Strada" in 2015 "Ensuring access of the victims of sexual violence to adequate legal and social support" determines that officially the registered statistics does not reflect the exhaustive scale of this phenomenon. These researches "Men and Equality between Women and Men in the Republic of Moldova", carried out by the Center of legal protection of women, repeatedly confirm persistence of the patriarchal relations and stereotypes having deep roots as for role and obligations of women and men in society. At the same time, conclusions of research are specified the situation causing concern in the field of the relations and patriarchal stereotypic prejudices of women and men concerning the sexual relations in scrap or in the relations similar to the marriage relations.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.