of December 26, 1997
In the Republic of Uzbekistan the single customs policy which is component of foreign and domestic policy of the Republic of Uzbekistan is performed.
Main objectives of customs policy are ensuring effective customs control and regulation of barter on customs area of the Republic of Uzbekistan, stimulation of development of economy, protection of the domestic market.
The procedure and conditions of movement through customs border of the Republic of Uzbekistan of goods and vehicles, collections of customs payments, customs clearance, implementation of customs control and other means of carrying out customs policy in life constitute customs affairs.
The customs affairs are performed by customs authorities of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The customs area is constituted by the overland territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan, territorial and internal waters and airspace over them.
In the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan there can be free customs zones and free warehouses which territories are considered as being out of customs area of the Republic of Uzbekistan if other is not stipulated by the legislation.
Limits of customs area, and also perimeters of free customs zones and free warehouses are customs border of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan on customs affairs consists of of this Code and other acts of the legislation.
In customs affairs the acts of the legislation existing on the date of adoption by customs authority of the Republic of Uzbekistan of the customs declaration and other documents, except as specified, stipulated by the legislation are applied. In case of illicit movement of goods and vehicles through customs border day of the actual movement of goods and vehicles through customs border is considered in such afternoon.
If the international treaty of the Republic of Uzbekistan establishes other rules, than those which are provided by the customs legislation then are applied rules of the international treaty.
Customs authorities for the purpose of the solution of tasks of customs affairs interact with other law enforcement and other state bodies, the companies, organizations, the organizations.
State bodies and their officials shall render assistance to customs authorities in the solution of the tasks assigned to them, including by creation for this purpose of proper conditions.
According to acts of the legislation customs authorities have the right to allow accomplishment under the control of the separate actions which are within their competence, other state bodies, the companies, organizations and the organizations.
Customs authorities of the Republic of Uzbekistan and river crafts which are at their disposal have flag. Vehicles and aircrafts of customs authorities have identification mark.
The regulations on flag and identification mark affirm the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
In this Code the following basic concepts are applied:
1) goods - any personal estate, including currency and currency values, electric, thermal and other types of energy, vehicles, except for the vehicles specified in item 4 of this Article, intellectual property items;
2) goods of Uzbekistan - the goods coming from the Republic of Uzbekistan or the goods issued in free circulation in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
3) foreign goods - the goods which are not specified in Item 2 of this Article;
4) vehicles - the means used for transportations of passengers and goods including containers and other transport equipment;
5) persons moving goods and vehicles - persons who are owners of goods and vehicles, their buyers, owners or speakers in other quality sufficient according to the legislation for making with them of the actions provided by this Code from own name;
6) carrier - the person which is actually moving goods or being responsible for use of the vehicle;
7) the customs applicant - the person moving goods, declaring, representing and showing goods and vehicles from own name or the customs broker acting on behalf of person moving goods;
8) movement through customs border - making of actions for import to customs area or to export from this territory of goods or vehicles in any manner, including transfer in the international mailings, use of pipeline transport and power lines. Treat the specified actions:
in case of commodity importation or vehicles on customs area, including when importing from the territory of free customs zones and free warehouses, - the actual crossing of customs border;
in case of commodity exportation or vehicles from customs area, including in the territory of free customs zones and free warehouses, - submission of the customs declaration or other action which is directly directed to realization of intention to export goods or vehicles;
9) customs control - set of the measures performed by customs authorities for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the legislation and international treaties;
10) customs providing - means of customs identification of goods and vehicles, rooms and other places. Made by customs authorities by imposing of seals, seals, drawing digital, alphabetic and other marking, identification tags and putting down of stamps;
11) customs clearance - set of the operations performed by officials of customs authorities for the purpose of ensuring customs control over goods and vehicles;
12) customs regime - set of the provisions determining the status of goods and vehicles for the customs purposes, moved through customs border of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
13) release - transfer by customs authorities of the goods or vehicles which passed customs clearance to the complete order of person;
14) conditional release - the release of goods and vehicles integrated to obligations of person about observance of the set restrictions, requirements or conditions;
15) measures of economic policy - import restriction to the Republic of Uzbekistan and export from the Republic of Uzbekistan of goods and vehicles including quoting, licensing, and also other measures of regulation of interaction of economy of the republic with the world economy;
16) the provisional solution - the decision of customs authority concerning classification of goods, its customs value, country of source, the sizes of customs payments and by other questions of customs affairs.
All unremovable contradictions and ambiguities of the customs legislation arising in connection with implementation of business activity are interpreted for benefit of the subject of entrepreneurship.
All persons have the equal rights to import to the Republic of Uzbekistan and export from the Republic of Uzbekistan of goods and vehicles if other is not stipulated by the legislation.
The procedure for import and commodity exportation and vehicles is determined by the legislation.
Import to the Republic of Uzbekistan and export from the Republic of Uzbekistan of separate goods and vehicles can be prohibited for the purpose of ensuring state security, protection of public order, morality, life and health of the person, protection of the surrounding environment, protection of art, historical and archaeological property of the people of the Republic of Uzbekistan and other countries, the property right, including to intellectual property items, consumer interests of imported goods, and also proceeding from other interests of the Republic of Uzbekistan according to the legislation and international treaties of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The goods and vehicles prohibited to movement through customs border are subject to immediate export out of limits of the Republic of Uzbekistan or to return on the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan if the legislation or international treaties of the Republic of Uzbekistan do not provide confiscation of these goods and vehicles.
Export or return of goods and vehicles is made by person moving them or carrier on own account. In case of non-realization of immediate export or return goods and vehicles are located under the mode of temporary storage on customs warehouse which owner is the customs authority. The storage duration constitutes three days except as specified, stipulated by the legislation.
Restrictions for movement of goods and vehicles through customs border can be established proceeding from the international obligations, need of protection of the domestic market, and also as response measure on the discrimination or other infringing interests of the Republic of Uzbekistan actions of foreign states and their unions according to the legislation.
The expenses which arose at person moving goods or at carrier in connection with introduction of the specified restrictions are not compensated by customs authorities.
The place and time of movement of goods and vehicles through customs border of the Republic of Uzbekistan is established by customs authorities.
The vehicles moved through customs border of the Republic of Uzbekistan including in goods quality, stop in the places determined by customs authorities. In case of non-compliance with this requirement customs authorities have the right to perform forced stop of vehicles according to the procedure, stipulated by the legislation.
Duration and the parking lot of vehicles are determined by customs authorities together with carrier. Duration of the parking of vehicles cannot be reduced to the detriment of interests of customs control and customs clearance.
Departure of vehicles from places of their parking is made with the permission of customs authority.
The place and time of crossing of customs border of the Republic of Uzbekistan by vehicles are approved by carrier with the relevant customs authority.
Movement through customs border of currency of the Republic of Uzbekistan and currency values is performed according to the legislation.
Movement through customs border by physical persons of the goods intended for non-commercial purposes can be performed in the simplified, preferential procedure, stipulated by the legislation.
The purpose of goods is established proceeding from their nature and quantity, frequency of movement of goods, taking into account circumstances of trip of physical person.
Use and the order of conditionally released goods and vehicles concerning which privileges on customs payments are provided are allowed only in those purposes in connection with which these privileges are provided. Use and the order them in other purposes are allowed in case of customs payment and accomplishment of other requirements provided by this Code and other acts of the legislation.
Movement of goods and vehicles through customs border is made according to their customs regimes.
The following types of customs regimes are established (further the mode):
1) release for free circulation (import);
6) temporary import (export);
7) temporary storage;
8) customs warehouse;
9) free customs zone;
10) free warehouse;
11) duty-free shop;
12) conversion on customs area;
13) it is excluded
14) outward processing;
16) refusal for benefit of the state.
Person has the right to choose any mode or to change it to another irrespective of nature, quantity, country of source or purpose of goods and vehicles if other is not stipulated by the legislation.
The procedure for application of the modes is determined by the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Release for free circulation - the mode in case of which the goods imported on customs area are left on it constantly without obligation about their export from this territory.
The mode provides payment of import customs duties, taxes and other customs payments, observance of measures of economic policy and other measures.
Reimport - the mode in case of which the goods of Uzbekistan which are exported from customs area in export regime are imported back into the terms established by part two of this Article without collection of import customs duties, taxes, and also without application of measures of economic policy to them.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.