of January 14, 2017 No. ZR-20
About guarantees of activities of the deputy of National assembly of the Republic of Armenia
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on December 16, 2016
1. This Law regulates legal, social and other guarantees of activities of the deputy of National assembly of the Republic of Armenia (further - the deputy), and also other relations connected with guarantee of activities of the deputy.
2. Guarantees of activities of deputies are established by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, the constitutional law of the Republic of Armenia "Regulations of National assembly", this Law and other laws.
1. According to article 95 of the Constitution, the deputy cannot hold the position which is not proceeding from its status in state bodies or local government bodies, positions in the commercial organizations, to be engaged in business activity, to perform other paid work, except for scientific, educational and creative work.
2. Within one month after receipt of the deputy mandate the deputy shall:
1) to leave state registration as the individual entrepreneur;
2) to be relieved of the post in the commercial organizations;
3) completely to leave the commercial organizations or to deliver shares in their authorized capital in trust management;
4) to refuse trust management of someone else's property in the commercial organization;
5) to be dismissed, the positions occupied in state bodies or local government bodies, except for mentioned in part 5 of this Article;
6) to quit the job on paid basis, except for scientific, educational or creative work.
3. If the contract for trust management of shares of the deputy in the authorized capital of the commercial organization is not stopped based on liquidation or recognition by the bankrupt of this organization, the deputy shall within one month after cancellation of the agreement on trust management leave the commercial organization or completely deliver the share in the authorized capital in trust management.
4. Duration of the period established by part 2 of this Article stops from the date of acceptance for consideration in the Constitutional court of case on appeal of the decisions made on election results of National assembly to final decision date of the Constitutional court on this case.
5. The positions proceeding from the status of the deputy are positions of the Chairman of National assembly and its deputies, chairmen of the commissions and their deputies, heads of fractions and their secretaries, and also other positions connected with implementation of powers or functions of National assembly or its bodies.
6. In sense of this Law, the corresponding types of activity or work established in article 24 of the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About public service" are considered as business activity, and also scientific, educational or creative activity.
7. Payment for scientific, educational or creative work of the deputy cannot exceed the reasonable amount, that is that size which can receive the person having similar qualities for similar activities, but not being the deputy.
8. The obligations of the deputy connected with implementation of its deputy powers are priority concerning its the scientific, educational, creative work or other work which is not forbidden by the law.
9. For the purpose of ensuring normal functioning of National assembly, the deputy notifies the Chairman of National assembly and the Commission chairman which member he is, on the combined scientific, educational and creative work.
1. Requirements of this Article belong both to implementation of powers of the deputy, and to his daily behavior.
2. Rules of deputy ethics following:
1) to respect the law and to submit to the law;
2) to respect public moral standards;
3) to keep order for holding meetings of National assembly, its commissions and parliamentary hearings;
4) when implementing the powers not to be guided by private interests or interests of affiliates;
Not to exploit 5) the authority of deputy position of or interests of other person;
6) to promote forming of trust and respect for National assembly the activities;
To show 7) worthy to the deputy the behavior is universal and being engaged in any activities;
8) to show respect for political opponents, participants of discussion of questions in National assembly, to journalists, and also all those with whom the deputy communicates during implementation of the powers.
1. Be guided by the deputy private interests or interests of person interconnected with him means to act as the legislative initiative, to represent drafts of decisions, statements or appeals of National assembly, to represent offers on the question which is brought up in National assembly and also to speak at meeting of National assembly or its commission, to ask questions or to participate in vote that in itself is legal, but the deputy is informed or shall know that it conducts or advances or reasonably can bring or help:
1) to improvement of property or legal status for or the affiliate;
2) to improvement of property or legal status for non-profit organization in which there is its participation or participation of the affiliate;
3) to improvement of property or legal status for the commercial organization in which there is its participation or participation of the affiliate;
4) position assignment of the affiliate;
5) its election or position assignment, except for the positions mentioned in parts 5 of article 2 of this Law, and also its performance as the candidate for position elected by National assembly.
2. In sense of this Law, persons interconnected with the high-ranking official according to Item 16 of part 1 of article 5 of the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About public service" are considered as persons affiliated with the deputy.
3. In case of conflict of interest the deputy shall make the statement for conflict of interest before performance or before vote at meeting of National assembly or commission which member it is, and in case of performance the legislative initiative, in case of submission of the draft decision, statement, appeal of National assembly, the offer on the question which is brought up in National assembly to submit the written application about conflict of interest with the relevant documents, describing nature of interests.
4. If the deputy makes the statement for conflict of interest at meeting of National assembly or commission which member he is, its absence on vote of question is considered valid.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.