of March 21, 2018 No. ZR-144
About Public council
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on March 7, 2018
1. The public council is consultative body of the Government according to article 161 of the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia.
2. Activities of Public council are based on the principle of voluntariness.
1. Tasks of Public council are:
To represent 1) interests of different sectors of society in development and realization of policy;
2) to promote participation of civil society in processes of public administration, including to represent to the Government of the offer on priorities of policy of development of civil society;
3) to promote forming of mutual trust, dialogue and partnership between the government, bodies of system of public administration and institutes of civil society;
4) to reveal public opinion on questions of social significance, including on the laws and other regulatory legal acts, state programs, strategy, concepts and their projects;
5) to promote social dialogue between social partners (labor union, employers, the Government);
6) to promote combination of efforts of Armenians of Armenia and diaspora around general national tasks within the functions.
1. Public council for the purpose of realization of the tasks set for it according to the procedure, established by this Law and the charter of Public council:
1) according to the proposal of the Prime Minister:
and. will organize public hearings or discussions on the questions which are of public interest, and also connected with the most important spheres of public life;
. carries out public expertize of current laws and other regulatory legal acts, state programs, strategy, concepts and their projects and draws the conclusion, including offers on introduction of changes in them and amendments;
2) on own initiative:
and. performs the actions provided by the subitem "an" of Item of 1 part of 1 this Article;
. subjects to public examination the legal acts, drafts of legal acts and documents specified in the subitem "b" of Item of 1 part of 1 this Article and draws the conclusion if according to Public council they received or can receive public response;
carries out the analysis of other questions which received public response and also the problems lifted by the public century and draws the conclusion;
for the purpose of identification of the contradictions existing between interests and benefit of different sectors of society, giving importance to maintenance of social dialogue between social partners, will organize consultations or discussions with participation of all concerned parties, reporting about results to the Government.
2. For the purpose of contribution to effective dialogue between the Government and society Public council on the initiative, estimating need for each case, can appeal to the Prime Minister to provide participation of the representative of the Government in the actions specified in subitems "an" and "d" of Item 2 parts of 1 this Article.
3. In cases, stipulated in Item 1 and subitems "a", "b" and "v" of Item 2 parts of 1 this Article, Public council are represented by the conclusion to the Prime Minister who resolves issue of their further course.
4. The public council can enter the relevant international public organizations and perform international cooperation with bodies in the sphere connected with its activities.
1. The public council consists of 45 members.
2. Any person of 25 years who rendered services to the Republic of Armenia, holding authority on the public or professional sphere, and also having necessary skills for realization of the tasks set for Public council can become the member of Public council.
1) persons holding the political, managerial or autonomous positions serving armed forces, police, homeland security, prosecutor's office and investigating bodies, persons holding positions of the highest group provided by the nomenclature of positions of public service;
2) persons recognized as incapacitated or it is limited capable judicially;
3) persons condemned for crime whose criminal record is not removed or is not extinguished in accordance with the established procedure;
4) persons which did not undergo obligatory compulsory military service in violation of the law.
4. The member of Public council during the activities shall keep neutrality in political affairs.
5. Under Public council 17 constants of the industry commissions are effective.
6. Under Public council the Chamber of ethnic minorities is effective, procedure for forming and which function are established by the law.
1. Forming of the next Public council begins no later than within 30 days after forming of the Government following regular elections of National assembly.
2. The public council is created in the following procedure:
1) 15 members are appointed by the Government;
2) 15 members are elected from the candidacies presented by the structures specified in part 4 of this Article (chairmen of the permanent commissions);
3) 15 members are elected the members appointed or the elite according to the procedure, provided by Items 1 and 2 of this part.
3. In time, established by part of 1 this Article, the Prime Minister proposes to the Government candidacies of 15 members of Public council from their consent. The government at the first meeting after receipt of the proposal of the Prime Minister submits question of appointment of the members of Public council provided by this part for consideration.
4. The members of Public council appointed according to the procedure, established by part 3 of this Article, right after appointment by means of the office of the Prime Minister publish on the official website of public notifications of the Republic of Armenia and on the official website of the Government the announcement addressed to local government bodies, public organizations in the respective sphere, to the compatriot and creative unions, the youth and student's organizations, mass media, the unions of veterans, the scientific and educational organizations, the unions of consumer protection, industrialists and entrepreneurs, to the religious organizations, structures of diaspora and other structures of civil society for the purpose of the proposal of representatives in the permanent commissions of Public council.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.