of March 20, 2018 No. 2354-VIII
About strategic ecological assessment
1. In this Law the terms below are used in such value:
1) the public - one or more physical persons or legal entity, their consolidation, the organization or group, registered in the territory to which action of the document of strategic planning extends;
2) the State of origin - the state under which jurisdiction development of the document of state planning is performed;
3) documents of state planning - strategy, plans, schemes, town-planning documentation, nation-wide programs, the state target programs and other programs and program documents, including changes in them which are developed and/or are subject to approval by public authority, local government body;
4) the customer - executive body or local government body which is responsible for development of documents of state planning and performs the common directorship and control of their accomplishment, or other customer of documents of state planning determined by the legislation;
5) the affected state - the state to which cross-border effects of accomplishment of the document of state planning for the environment, including for health of the population will possibly extend;
6) effects for the environment, including for health of the population, - any possible effects for flora, faunae, biodiversity, the soil, subsoil, climate, air, water, landscape, the natural territories and objects, health and safety of the population and its health, tangible assets, objects of cultural heritage and interaction of these factors;
7) strategic ecological assessment - the procedure of determination, the description and assessment of effects of execution of documents of state planning for the environment, including for health of the population, justified alternatives, development of measures for prevention, reduction and mitigation of possible negative effects which includes scoping of strategic ecological assessment creation of the report on strategic ecological assessment, carrying out public discussion and consultations (if necessary - cross-border consultations), accounting in the document of state planning of the report on strategic ecological assessment, results of public discussion and consultations, informing on approval of the document of state planning and is performed according to the procedure, determined by this Law.
1. This Law governs the relations in the field of assessment of effects for the environment, including for health of the population, execution of documents of state planning and extends to the documents of state planning concerning agricultural industry, forestry, fishery, power, the industry, transport, the address with waste, uses of water resources, environmental protections, telecommunications, tourism, town planning or land management (scheme) and which accomplishment will provide realization of types of activity (or the containing types of activity and objects) concerning which the legislation provides implementation of assessment procedure of impact on the environment or which require assessment, considering possible effects for the territories and objects of natural and reserved fund and ecological network (further - the territories with the nature protection status), except those, that concern creation or expansion of the territories and objects of natural and reserved fund.
2. Operation of this Law does not extend on:
1) the documents of state planning concerning exclusively national defense or actions in case of emergency situations;
2) budgets, budget programs and financial plans;
3) Ceased to be valid according to Item 2 of the Section VI of this Law.
3) plan of recovery and development of regions, plans of recovery and development of territorial communities.
3. Implementation of strategic ecological project evaluation of the document of state planning excludes need of conducting the state sanitary and epidemiologic examination of such document.
1. The purpose of strategic ecological assessment is assistance to sustainable development by ensuring environmental protection, health and safety of the population and protection of his health, integration of ecological requirements in case of development and document approval of state planning.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.