of July 22, 2014 No. ZR-135
About safety of foodstuff
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on June 21, 2014
1. This Law governs the relations connected with safety of foodstuff, the materials having direct contact with foodstuff at all stages of provision of services in power-supply circuit and the sphere of trade and public catering and also fixes guarantees of protection of health of the person by the state against harmful and dangerous effects of the food and materials having direct contact with food.
1. The basic concepts used in this Law:
1) authorized body - Inspection security service of foodstuff;
2) food products (further - foodstuff) - products of animal, vegetable, microbiological, mineral, artificial or biotechnological origin: natural, processed or processed, for use by the person in foodstuff, including special foodstuff, drinking water in bottles, drinking mineral water, alcoholic beverages (including beer and beer drinks), soft drinks, dietary supplements, chewing gum, initial cultures and levels of microorganisms, yeast, nutritional supplements and vkuso-aromatic additives, and also food raw materials;
3) food raw materials - the animal, vegetable, microbiological, mineral, artificial or biotechnological raw materials and drinking water used for production of foodstuff;
4) food component (food ingredient) - foodstuff or ingredients (including nutritional supplements, vkuso-aromatic additives) which are used in production (preparation) of foodstuff according to rules of preparation of recipes and constitute their component;
5) foodstuff of special function - foodstuff for which requirements to content and (or) ratio of separate materials or all materials and ingredients or for which content and (or) their ratio of separate substances in comparison with their natural content in this product is changed are established and (or) part of which are substances or ingredients which initially did not enter it (except nutritional supplements and vkuso-aromatic additives), and (or) for which the producer declares medicinal and (or) preventive properties and which are held for use these products certain categories of people.
6) the enriched foodstuff - the foodstuff containing one or several food and (or) biologically active agents and (or) pro-biotic microorganisms which initially were not or is present at insufficient quantities, or arose in case of disintegration during engineering procedure (during production), and content of any food or biologically active ingredient used for the enrichment guaranteed by the producer is brought to the level corresponding to the food or other distinctive sign of food established for foodstuff, and the maximum level of nutritious and (or) active agents shall not exceed the top level of safety for their use, in case of obtaining on all possible sources (if such levels are available);
7) food chain (the food sphere) - production phases, processings, conversions, distributions, storages, transportations, import, export and sale of foodstuff and their components from initial production before consumption. The food chain also includes the materials intended for contact with foodstuff or food and also the sphere of service of trade and public catering;
8) preliminary (primary) production - production of food staples, collection of plants, crops and wild-growing plants, production of farm animals before slaughter, milkings, and also hunting, fishery;
9) processing - cleaning, separation or sorting of food raw materials, drying, chilling, cutting, packaging by means of which the product (raw materials) prepares for use in the food industry or in case of production;
10) expiration date of foodstuff - the period during which foodstuff shall conform completely to requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Armenia for its safety, keep the consumer properties provided on the label and after expiration date foodstuff is dangerous and is not suitable for proper use.
11) safety of foodstuff - condition of foodstuff which confirms lack of the unacceptable risk connected with life or health of the person, or harmful effects on life and health of future generations;
12) counterfeit foodstuff is food:
and. which structure was changed without corresponding change of marking,
. which marking was changed without corresponding change of structure;
century to which other substances were added or were processed with addition of other substances for the purpose of concealment of discrepancy of foodstuff to requirements;
of which in marking there is the wrong record about special purpose of food product,
which for representation the name or the trademark, or trade name of other company, without proper permission of this organization is used;
13) danger, menacing to safety of foodstuff - biological, chemical or physical substance in foodstuff and (or) food condition which can negatively affect health of the person;
14) analysis system of dangerous factors and control critical points (further - HACCP) - system of preventive control of safety of foodstuff;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.