of January 16, 2017 No. ZR-22
About public organizations
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on December 16, 2016
1. This Law establishes legal status of public organization (further - the Organization), governs the relations arising during its creation, management, activities, reorganization and liquidation.
2. This Law does not extend to the religious organizations, batches, labor unions, funds, and also to other forms of non-profit organizations provided by the law.
1. The organization is public association of citizens of the Republic of Armenia, citizens of foreign states, stateless persons (further - physical persons) and (or) legal entities which has the status of non-profit organization.
2. The organization can be without restrictions of number of members or with limited membership.
3. The organization according to this Law independently determines the organizational structure, subject, the purposes and forms of activities.
1. The organization performs the activities following from its authorized purposes. The purposes of organization activity are established by its charter.
2. It is forbidden to establish articles of organization such purposes of activities which are considered as the right which is directly provided by the law connected with features of other public association.
1. The principles of organization activity are:
2) discrimination exception;
4) common interests of members;
5) voluntariness of membership;
1. Organization members are persons which became organization members after state registration of the Organization.
2. Person can become the member of this Organization based on its statement in the cases and procedure established by this Article and articles of organization. Founders of the Organization after state registration of the Organization by force of the law are considered as organization members.
3. Person aged up to fourteen years can become organization member at own will, based on the statement of the legal representative.
4. Person aged from fourteen to eighteen can become organization member based on the statement, in case of the consent of the legal representative if it did not recognize sui juris according to the procedure, established by the law.
5. The organization member can leave the Organization at any time.
6. The organization member can be expelled from the Organization in cases and according to the procedure, established by articles of organization.
7. Organization members do not bear responsibility for obligations of the Organization, and the Organization does not bear responsibility for obligations of the members.
1. The organization has the name, the short name (abbreviation) and symbols can also have.
2. The name of the Organization shall contain own or common distinctive noun in Armenian, and also words "non-governmental organization".
3. The organization can also have the name in foreign language.
4. If the law for use of words, expressions provides availability of the license, permission or other bases, the name or the short name (abbreviation) of the organization may contain such words and expressions in the presence of the license, permission or other bases.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.