of December 30, 2014 No. ZR-231
About social support
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on December 17, 2014
1. This Law establishes concepts of social services, social support and the integrated social services, basic social services, bases of their classification and the providing subjects, the basic principles of provision of social services and social support, the right to the public assistance, the purpose of social support, management system of social support, the right and obligation of persons getting social support, sources of financing of the public assistance; other relations connected with social partnership, implementation of local social programs and provision of other social support in the Republic of Armenia are governed.
1. In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) difficult life situation - the objective situation caused by loss of skills of self-service in connection with disability, disease, age, lack of parent care, poverty, unemployment, family fights, ill treatment, violence, human trafficking (traffiking), helplessness, loneliness, social isolation, addictions, emergence of accident or emergency situations, circumstances of stay in places of detention or returns from the specified places or their combination which prevents activity of the person with which person cannot independently cope.
2) social support - according to part 1 of article 18 of this Law;
3) basic needs – set of the minimum necessary conditions (food, clothes, housing, medical attendance and services, primary professional (craft) education and secondary professional education, housing and communal services), necessary for accommodation of physical person;
3. 1) the state certificate – the nominal financial record with certain details and in certain form which is the basis for provision by the state of free government financial aid of the organization or to physical person which rendered social service for the purpose of financial compensation or acquisition to the family (person) which received the certificate, certain property;
3. 2) the card of the help – on which is rendered to person or family the social service established by this Law within the provided amount;
4) the elderly person – person who reached 65 years;
5) violence - action or threat against physical and (or) psychological and (or) sexual integrity of person;
Family - the small social group based on marriage, family relations, living in the same place of residence which members support general economy the general budget, common interests have 6), are connected on the basis of mutual aid, the moral and legal cross liability, and also the person living one;
8) preliminary identification - identification of person subject to "expected" spousal assault, by means of use of direct and indirect criteria;
9) social requirement - lack of the skills and capabilities necessary for the solution of social and economic, social and psychological, social and pedagogical, social and medical, social and labor, social and legal problems of the person (family, other social group) who is in difficult life situation or existence of the bases for forecasting of probability of its emergence in the future.
9. 1) social assessment of family – the versatile process of studying of social and economic, social and psychological, social and pedagogical, social and medical, social and labor, social and legal problems and property and non-material resources of family directed to identification, examination and assessment of communication between the reason, the investigation, the relations which characterize situation in family life.
10) the territorial authorities providing social services (further - territorial authority) - divisions of the subordinated body authorized by the Government of the Republic of Armenia in the sphere of social support which in the territory of the servicing provide to the population the social services provided by the law, including, the social services directed to protection of legitimate interests of persons or family which are in difficult life situation or to prevention of their emergence in such situation;
11) the organizations providing social services (further - the organizations) - the organizations which, according to the principles of provision of social support established by this Law provide social services for the protection of legitimate interests of person or family which are in difficult life situation, or for prevention of their emergence in such situation, needing them (regardless of form of business, except for territorial authorities);
12) social services - the services provided by part 1 of article 4 of this Law;
13) the integrated social services - according to part 3 of article 33 of this Law;
14) ceased to be valid
15) network of support – system of collateral actions of state bodies and local government bodies, the legal entities and physical persons directed to protection and realization of the rights of persons, certain groups of persons and families, ensuring the legitimate interests and freedoms performed according to requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Armenia by provision of the corresponding social services;
16) social case – objective situation which is caused by one or set of various social requirements connected with this or that person (family) who is in difficult life situation;
17) management of social case – the process performed by cooperation and searches of the available resources and on the basis of process of assessment of social needs of person (family) which includes programming of process of provision of the social services corresponding to needs of receivers of the public assistance, assistance in question of their obtaining for the purpose of satisfaction of social needs of the receiver of the public assistance;
18) the individual social program (further - the individual program) - the program constituted by results of social case, including social needs of the receiver of the public assistance, types of the social services corresponding to them together with provision terms, the expected result, and also the schedule of continuous control of social case;
19) social patronage - enrollment of the social services provided by the social boss (assistant) in case of the specific requirements necessary for realization of right to work;
20) provision of social services – the organization and (or) provision of the social services established by part 1 of article 4 of this Law and also any activities directed to the organization and (or) rendering these services;
21) social work - the professional activity provided by part 1 of article 38 of this Law.
1. The relations connected with provision of social support are regulated by this Law, other legal acts, and also international treaties of the Republic of Armenia.
1. Social services are the actions performed according to the legislation of the Republic of Armenia which are directed:
1) on satisfaction of social and economic, social and psychological, social and pedagogical, social and medical, social and labor, social and legal needs of person (family or other social group) or any of them and (or)
2) on ensuring normal activity of the person (family or other social group) and (or)
3) on prevention of emergence of difficult life situation and (or) to the aid exit from difficult life situation of person (family, other social group).
1. Social services are classified according to:
1) provision form;
2) mechanisms of the organization of process of provision;
3) providing social services;
4) to nature of the help;
5) durations of provision and their continuity;
6) to financing sources.
2. Social services in form of provision are classified on the following types:
1) direct social services which happen:
and. the individual social services provided to person for satisfaction of the individual requirements arising for its social protection;
. group which are provided to group of people with identical requirements at the same time for satisfaction of these requirements.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.