of January 16, 2018 No. UP-5303
About measures for further ensuring food security of the country
In the country consecutive measures for streamlining and simplification of export-import transactions, elimination of barriers and restrictions in implementation of import of demanded food products, to strengthening of guarantees of protection of the rights of subjects of foreign economic activity are taken.
At the same time, the serious system problems creating conditions for the unhealthy competition, monopolization of import of food products by certain business entities, creations of artificial deficit and unreasonable overestimate of the prices of separate goods and, as a result, extraction on this basis of excess profit remain.
The dominant position in the market of certain importers is promoted by provision of individual privileges and preferences by it, creation for them exclusive conditions of conducting activities that leads to restriction of access to the market of other subjects of entrepreneurship.
The current situation in this sphere reduces business activity and investment appeal of Uzbekistan, causes serious loss to reputation of the country on the international scene.
For the purpose of further ensuring food security of the country, market saturation with high-quality, safe and available food products, strengthening of consumer capability of the population, liberalization of foreign economic activity and development of healthy competitive environment, and also eradication of the available system problems in this sphere:
1. Cancel since February 1, 2018 individual customs, tax and other privileges, and also other preferences provided to certain business entities on import to the Republic of Uzbekistan of food products.
Prohibit adoption by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan of the decisions providing to certain business entities of individual customs, tax and other privileges, and also other preferences on import to the republic of food products.
Note that in case of violation of requirements of this Item perpetrators bear responsibility, stipulated by the legislation, up to criminal.
2. To the Cabinet of Ministers, the Ministry of Foreign Trade, the State committee on investments, the Uzstandart Agency, the State Customs Committee, the Ministry of development of information technologies and communications, Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, khokimiyats of areas and the city of Tashkent together with the National agency of project management in case of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, HK "Uzbekozikovkatholding", the Uzbek republican commodity and raw exchange, the Republican universal agro-industrial exchange, Chamber of Commerce and Industry and other organizations to provide in a month:
development of package of measures for 2018 for search and involvement of suppliers of food products, creation for them equal conditions of occurrence on the market, to rendering assistance in the conclusion of agreements, transportation and storage of the imported products, and also other measures directed to complete satisfaction of demand of the population for high-quality, available food products to them;
creation in all regions of the republic on the terms of public-private partnership of specialized storage facilities, storages, refrigerating chambers, the modern high-technology, energy efficient equipment on conversion and packing of food products.
the ban on sale (purchase) of consumer goods at the commodity and raw exchanges of the republic is lifted;
sale (purchase) of consumer goods on the open electronic tenderings of the commodity and raw exchanges does not require availability of the license for implementation of wholesale trade;
the detailed information about the planned purchases of food products of Fund monthly is published on the Single portal of interactive state services of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
exchange brokers have the right to submit applications to commercial banks for purchase (sale) of foreign currency on behalf of the client - the nonresident at the expense of the means received from sale of products on the open electronic tenderings of the commodity and raw exchanges, and nonresidents - legal entities - to open accounts in commercial banks of the Republic of Uzbekistan and to perform purchase (sale) of foreign currency at the expense of the means received from sale of products on the open electronic tenderings of the commodity and raw exchanges.
4. To the Ministry of Economics, the National agency of project management in case of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, to the State committee on assistance to the privatized companies and development of the competition together with the Prosecutor General's Office, the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Uzbekistan and other interested departments in three-months time to provide development and entering into the Cabinet of Ministers:
the draft of the government decision on determination of procedure for purchase of socially important types of food products by fund, having provided the measures excluding the facts of speculation and other abuses;
the bill "About Food Security" establishing including measure for market saturation high-quality, safe and available food products, to development of agrarian complex, implementation of efficient mechanisms social and public-private partnership, to timely elimination of threats of stability of the food market, regulation of import of food products flexible customs tariff.
5. And other interested departments till March 1, 2018 to provide to the ministry of development of information technologies and communications, the Single integrator of creation and support of the state information systems together with the National agency of project management in case of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan cardinal enhancement of the information systems and software products used by the commodity and raw exchanges, having provided availability and openness of information, including placement of data in foreign languages (the Russian, English languages), transparency of the performed operations, and also exception of possibility of intervention in the held electronic auction and misstatement of their results.
6. To the Prosecutor General's Office of the Republic of Uzbekistan:
together with the National agency of project management in case of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Economics and the Ministry of Foreign Trade in two-month time to provide critical studying of rates of customs payments on food products, customs procedures and transportation system of goods through customs border of the republic with development of offers on optimization of rates of customs payments, elimination of excessive barriers and obstacles, to the maximum simplification of procedures of customs clearance of goods and expense reduction on implementation of export-import transactions, including by means of transition to execution of procedures on the basis of the principle "one window";
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.