of January 5, 2018 No. 684-V
About television and broadcasting
This Law determines legal, organizational, economic and social bases of functioning of television and broadcasting in Turkmenistan, governs the relations arising in the field of television and broadcastings in the territory of Turkmenistan.
For the purposes of this Law the following basic concepts are applied:
1) the subscriber – the physical person or legal entity using TV and radio broadcasting services;
2) relaying – acceptance and simultaneous repeated distribution (or in record) irrespective of the used technical means of broadcasting of complete and invariable teleradio programs (telebroadcasts) or essential parts of such programs (transfers) broadcast by television and radio broadcasting company for public Yopriyom. Transfer (by means of duplication or supply with subtitlings) teleradio programs (telebroadcast) is not considered modification of content if it is performed with the consent of the owner of the rights to this program (transfer);
3) live broadcast – direct broadcast of telebroadcasts without making an appointment and mounting;
4) network of collective distribution – priyomyo teleradio programs from the companion, from air and cable network and their distribution between subscribers;
5) television and broadcasting (further – TV and radio broadcasting) – creation (completing and (or) packaging) television and (or) radio programs (further – teleradio programs (telebroadcast)) and their distribution on network of TV and radio broadcasting by the opened or coded method for public (individual) acceptance by the unrestricted group of people with use radio (radio-frequency), satellite, cable and other types of broadcasting by means of household TV and radio receivers;
6) network of TV and radio broadcasting – set of the technical means of broadcasting used for distribution of teleradio programs (telebroadcasts) and determined by special permission (the license for TV and radio broadcasting);
7) TV channel, radio channel (further – teleradio channel) – the set according to TV programs, radio programs created according to grid of TV and radio broadcasting and airing under the permanent name and with the established frequency;
8) teleradio program – part of telerayodiokanal which can be used irrespective of other its parts, representing the set of telebroadcasts combined by the single creative concept, having the permanent name and broadcast by television and radio broadcasting company on certain grid of TV and radio broadcasting;
9) telebroadcast – the set of messages and materials prepared and intended for TV and radio broadcasting which is the separate, finished in the organizational, creative and thematic relation part of teleradio program and having the name, broadcasting amount, author's sign;
10) TV and radio broadcasting grid – the document containing list, the sequence, the name, short summaries, time of broadcast of teleradio programs (telebroadcasts) and displaying the main directions of the program concept of broadcasting to the specific period;
11) the program concept of teleradioyoveshchaniye – the annex to the license for the TV and radio broadcasting reflecting expected model of broadcasting in which the main informative characteristics of broadcasting (the main subject, orientation, types, genre structure and other characteristics) of teleradio programs (telebroadcasts) and feature of their preparation and broadcasting according to requirements of this Law are determined;
12) television and radio broadcasting company – the physical person or legal entity owning the license for TV and radio broadcasting;
13) TV and radio broadcasting signal – the electromagnetic waves transferring teleradio programs (telebroadcasts);
14) the vendor of teleradio programs (telebroadcasts) – the physical person or legal entity which is engaged in creation of teleradio programs (telebroadcasts) provided for broadcasting;
15) the television and broadcasting organization (further – the teleradio organization) – the legal entity who based on the granted license for TV and radio broadcasting creates (completes and (or) packs) of teleradio program (telebroadcast) and extends them by means of technical means of broadcasting;
16) the operator of TV and radio broadcasting – the telecom operator who obtained the license for provision of services of telecommunication communication on broadcasting and relaying of teleradio programs (telebroadcasts) of TV and radio broadcasting;
17) technical means of broadcasting – radio-electronic means and technical devices by means of which teleradio programs (telebroadcast) are led up to consumers;
18) broadcasting – primary distribution of teleradio programs (telebroadcasts) for public acceptance by means of land sending devices, cable networks or companions in the opened or coded type;
19) broadcasting time – time during which according to the license for TV and radio broadcasting the teleradio organization performs broadcast (relaying) of teleradio programs (telebroadcasts).
The legislation of Turkmenistan on TV and radio broadcasting is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan regulating questions in the field of TV and radio broadcasting.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.