of November 25, 2017 No. 655-V
About the status of the military personnel
This Law determines the status of the military personnel, and also bases of state policy in the field of legal and social security of the military personnel, the citizens discharged from military service and members of their families.
The legal basis of the status of the military personnel are the Constitution of Turkmenistan, this Law and other legal acts of Turkmenistan regulating the status of the military personnel.
1. Operation of this Law extends to the military personnel passing military service in Armed Forces of Turkyomenistan, other troops and military bodies, and also the ministries or departments in which the law provides military service (further - the military personnel) on the citizens discharged from military service and also on members of their families.
On the citizens called on military charges, the status of the military personnel extends in the cases and procedure provided by this Law and other legal acts of Turkmenistan.
2. Treat members of families of the military personnel, the citizens discharged from military service:
1) the spouses or the spouse living together with them;
2) minor children;
3) children is more senior than 18 years which became disabled people before achievement of age by them 18 years;
4) the children aged up to 24 years studying in higher educational institutions;
5) and also the other persons who are dependent on the military personnel.
1. The status of the military personnel - it is certain set of the rights, freedoms guaranteed by the state, obligations and responsibility of the military personnel established by the legislation of Turkmenistan.
2. Content and amount of the rights, freedoms, obligations and responsibility of the military personnel depend on that, there are they or are not in case of fulfillment of duties of military service.
3. Features of legal status of the military personnel in society are determined by the obligations assigned to them on the armed protection of the state connected with need of implicit accomplishment of objectives for any conditions, including with risk for life.
4. Restrictions of some all-civil laws and freedoms of the military personnel are connected with features of passing of military service by them, the specified restrictions are set by this Law, other legal acts of Turkmenistan and compensated by the corresponding privileges provided to the military personnel.
5. Treat the military personnel:
1) the officers, cadets, students of military educational institutions, sergeants, foremen, soldiers and sailors who enlisted according to the obligation (further - the military personnel passing military service according to the obligation);
2) the sergeants, foremen, soldiers and sailors undergoing military service and also cadets of military educational institutions before making the obligation (further - the military personnel undergoing military service).
The officers undergoing military service according to the status are equated to the officers passing military service according to the obligation if other is not established by the legislation of Turkmenistan.
6. Identity documents and the status of the military personnel are issued to the military personnel.
7. Features of the status of the military personnel in wartime and in the conditions of emergency state are regulated by the laws of Turkmenistan "About warlike situation", "About defense", "About mobilization preparation and mobilization in Turkmenistan", "About the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations".
8. Local executive bodies, local government bodies, the companies, organizations and the organizations within the powers can establish to the military personnel and citizens discharged from military service, to members of their families additional benefits on improvement of social conditions.
1. Citizens acquire the status voyennoyosluzhashchy from the beginning of military service (for the military personnel at the call of - from the date of sending from the assembly point) and lose it with the termination of military service (no later than the term established in the instruction for statement on military accounting).
2. For the military personnel captured, and also interned in the neutral countries the status of the military personnel remains. Public authorities and military command shall take measures for release of the military personnel and their homecoming according to the universally recognized norms of international law.
3. In case of condemnation of the military personnel to imprisonment ensuring their social security provided by the status of the military personnel stops or limited according to the procedure, established by the legislation of Turkmenistan.
1. For the military personnel this Law installs single system of legal and social security, and also material and other types of providing taking into account the held military positions, the given military ranks, general duration of military service, the performed tasks, conditions and procedure for passing of military service by them.
2. Legal and social security voyenyonosluzhashchy is function of the state and provides:
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.