of February 11, 1998 No. 113/98-BP
About metrology and metrological activities
This Law determines the legal basis of ensuring unity of measurements in Ukraine, governs the relations in the sphere of metrological activities and is directed to protection of citizens and national economy against consequences of doubtful results of measurements.
In this Law the stated below terms are used in the following value:
metrology - science about measurements;
measurements - display of physical quantities their values by means of experiment and calculations using special technical means;
unit of measure - the physical quantity of certain size accepted for quantitative display of sizes, uniform with it;
unity of measurements - condition of measurements in case of which their results are expressed in legalized units of measurements and characteristics of errors or uncertainty of measurements are known and with the set probability do not go beyond the set limits;
metrological activities - the activities connected with ensuring unity of measurements;
technique of accomplishment of measurements - set of procedures and rules which accomplishment provides results of measurements with the guaranteed accuracy;
means of the measuring equipment - the technical tool used in case of measurements and having the normalized metrological characteristics;
type of means of the measuring equipment - set of the means of the measuring technology of the same appointment having the same principle of action, identical design and made according to the same technical documentation;
standard - the means of the measuring equipment providing reproduction and/or storage of unit of measure of one or several values, and also transfer of the size of this unit to other means of the measuring equipment;
the state standard - the standard recognized by specially authorized central executive body in the sphere of metrology as basis for establishment of values of all standards of this unit of measure which are available in the state;
primary standard - the standard providing reproduction of unit of measure with the highest in the state (in comparison with other standards of the same unit) accuracy;
secondary standard - the standard receiving the size of unit of measure directly from primary standard of this unit or, in case of its absence, - the corresponding standard of other state;
initial standard - the standard having the highest metrological properties among the standards of this unit which are available in the state at the company in organization or the organization;
working standard - the standard intended for checking or calibration of means of the measuring equipment;
the regulating document on metrology - the document establishing rules, provisions, other requirements or regulations concerning metrology and metrological activities;
the state metrological system - set of the legal and other regulatory legal acts, organizational structure, the scientific, technical and regulatory base on metrology aimed at providing unity of measurements in the state;
checking of means of the measuring equipment - establishment of suitability of means of the measuring equipment to which the state metrological supervision, to application based on results of control of their metrological characteristics extends;
calibration of means of the measuring equipment - determination in certain conditions or control of metrological characteristics of means of the measuring equipment;
metrological certification of means of the measuring equipment - research of means of the measuring equipment for the purpose of determination of their metrological characteristics and establishment of suitability of these means to application;
certification of technique of accomplishment of measurements - the procedure of establishment of compliance of technique to the metrological requirements imposed to it;
testing laboratory - the company, organization, the organization or their separate division performing checking of means of the measuring equipment;
calibrating laboratory - the company, organization, the organization or their separate division performing calibration of means of the measuring equipment;
measuring laboratory - the company, organization, the organization or their separate division performing measurement of physical quantities, determination of the chemical composition, physical and chemical, physicomechanical and other properties and indicators of substances, materials and products, except for the measurements connected with assessment of conformity of products, processes, services, with documentary registration of their results.
1. This Law governs the relations arising in the course of implementation of metrological activities and extends on central and local executive bodies, local government bodies, the companies (their associations), organizations and the organizations irrespective of patterns of ownership and type of activity operating in the territory of Ukraine (further - the companies and the organizations), to physical persons - subjects of business activity and producers (exporters) of foreign states which import funds of the measuring equipment for the territory of Ukraine (further - foreign producers).
2. This Law also extends to the physical persons who are not subjects of business activity - owners of means of the measuring equipment, results of measurements by which are used for implementation of calculations for the electrical and heat energy consumed for household requirements, gas and water.
The relations in the sphere of metrology and metrological activities are regulated by this Law and other regulatory legal acts.
1. The state metrological system creates necessary bases for ensuring unity of measurements in the state, and its activities are directed on:
realization of single technical policy in the sphere of metrology;
protection of citizens and national economy against consequences of doubtful results of measurements;
increase in level of basic researches and scientific developments;
economy of all types of material resources;
quality assurance and competitiveness of domestic production;
creation of normative and legal, normative, scientific and technical and organizational bases of ensuring unity of measurements in the state.
2. Activities for ensuring functioning and development of the state metrological system coordinate specially authorized central executive body in the sphere of metrology (further - TsOVM).
1. For the purpose of joint consideration of conceptual questions of ensuring functioning and development of the state metrological system under TsOVM the advisory advisory body - the Scientific and technical commission on metrology is created (further - the Commission on metrology).
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.