of July 23, 2009 No. ZR-160
About the general education
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on July 10, 2009
This Law establishes the principles of state policy of the Republic of Armenia in the field of the general education, organization-legal and financial and economic bases, regulates legal relationship of the physical persons and legal entities participating in general education process, provides bases of right to education, affirmed the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia equal for all, possibilities of free compulsory secondary education.
1. The sphere of the general education is regulated by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, the Laws of the Republic of Armenia "About education", "About preschool education", "About the state uncommercial organizations", this Law, other Laws and legal acts regulating the sphere.
1. In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the general education – training process and education of person which is performed according to the main and additional programs of preschool, initial, main, secondary education,
2) primary education – the first level of compulsory education which the first step of the main general education programs enters,
3) the main education – the second level of compulsory education which the first and second steps of the main general education programs enter,
4) secondary education – the third level of the general education which three steps of the main general education programs enter,
5) state standard of the general education - the regulating document which establishes the minimum and maximum amount of academic load of pupils on steps of the educational program, the principles of system of assessment of pupils expected resulting effects of training and high-quality requirements imposed to the graduate of the program of the secondary general education - capability (competence);
6) the general education program (the main and additional) - set of subject programs, curricula and forms of the organization of study, the providing resulting effects and competences established by state standard of the general education;
6. 1) remote education - the form of implementation of the educational program within which the direct and not being direct training process between the pupil and the teacher is performed generally by means of information technologies and telecommunications however in the course of the organization of the main general education programs can be applied according to the procedure, established by authorized body of public administration by training, in exceptional cases and for certain term;
6. 2) credit system - system of the organization of educational process of secondary education, current and final assessment of educational progress of pupils, measurements, accounting and transfer of assimilation of the educational program by means of the credits;
6. 3) the alternative program - the general education program different from the general education program the curriculum, form of the organization of training and subject programs providing resulting effects and competences of state standard of the general education and guaranteed as alternative in the procedure established by the legislation.
Alternative educational programs are:
and. the author's educational program - the general education program written by physical persons or legal entities and guaranteed as author's in the procedure established by the legislation;
. the experimental program - the general education program entered for the maximum term of step of education established by part 8 of article 7 of this Law;
century the international educational program - the general education program performed on the basis of the international treaty or in ten and more foreign states;
7) general education educational institution (further – educational institution) – the organization or its division having the status of the legal entity which realizes the main general education program (programs),
8) comprehensive school – the type of educational institution performing one or several general main general education programs including, with profound stream training or training of separate objects,
9) specialized comprehensive school - the type of educational institution performing specialized main general education programs in the field of military preparation, sport, crafts, art or any scientific sphere
10) special school - the resource center - type of the educational institution rendering psychology and pedagogical and other support services in the field of the education performing the educational program and the help for ensuring education, development of children with the needs for special conditions of education;
10. 1) special conditions of training – set of the subject programs and training methods directed to assimilation by person of the main general education program, individual technical means of training, the isolated circle, and also pedagogical, social and other services
10. 2) person with the needs for special conditions of education - the person having the difficulties with training connected with problems of the speech and language, communication, hearing, sight, intelligence (intellectual), emotions, behavior, mobility, etc., and also having special talents for whom special conditions of education, including reasonable adaptations are necessary for assimilation of the main general education programs;
10. 3) inclusive education – ensuring the maximum participation in training process of each child, including, the training having need of special conditions, according to features of development, by means of providing necessary conditions and the isolated circle and ensuring the result established by the state general education standard
10. 4) services of pedagogical psychological assistance – the educational and methodical, psychological and pedagogical assistance which is provided to the studying child, his parent and the pedagogical worker,
10. 5) estimation of need of the child for special conditions of training – observation of participation of person in educational programs, identification of opportunities of development of the child and establishment of need for special conditions of training,
10. 6) the center of pedagogical - psychological assistance – the organization estimating needs of the child for special conditions of training, promoting education, providing pedagogical and psychological and other support services
10. 7) ceased to be valid
10. 8) the plan of individual training – the document constituted based on the state and subject general education standards, programs and need of the child for special conditions of training who establishes the annual purposes, tasks of the organization for training of the student and actions for their achievement (inclusive, support services),
10. 9) the assistant to the teacher – the pedagogical worker helping the teacher in the course of the organization of training
11) the mixed class – the educational group consisting of the students acquiring subject programs of different classes
12) the pedagogical worker – the employee of educational institution, and also the pedagogical and psychological centers promoting assimilation by students of the general education programs and (or) providing requirements of content of training
13) the teacher - the pedagogical worker providing assimilation of subject programs by students in educational institution by means of educational process and directly responsible for this process,
14) certification of the teacher – process of determination of compliance of knowledge, working abilities, skills of the teacher of post,
14. 1) retraining of the teacher – assimilation and enhancement by the teacher of the corresponding new professional knowledge, skills in the repreparing organization, according to standards and programs of retraining of the teacher, the established state authorized body of management in the field of education,
14. 2) qualification degree - the degree corresponding to professional criteria of the teacher;
14. 3) professional criterion - the description of professional development and knowledge, labor activity, capabilities, responsibility of the teacher;
14. 4) teaching and educational function - works on development, the organization, implementation and coordination of the educational and educational processes performed by administrative and pedagogical employees of the educational institution performing the general education program;
14. 5) the textbook - paper or the e-book with the main content of this general education subject or its part conforming to requirements of state standard of education;
15) examination of the textbook - process of estimation of compliance of the textbook to the state general education standards according to the procedure, established by the state authorized body of department of education.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.