of July 23, 2009 No. ZR-160
About the general education
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on July 10, 2009
This Law establishes the principles of state policy of the Republic of Armenia in the field of the general education, organization-legal and financial and economic bases, regulates legal relationship of the physical persons and legal entities participating in general education process, provides bases of right to education, affirmed the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia equal for all, possibilities of free compulsory secondary education.
1. The sphere of the general education is regulated by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, the Laws of the Republic of Armenia "About education", "About preschool education", "About the state uncommercial organizations", this Law, other Laws and legal acts regulating the sphere.
1. In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the general education – training process and education of person which is performed according to the main and additional programs of preschool, initial, main, secondary education,
2) primary education – the first level of compulsory education which the first step of the main general education programs enters,
3) the main education – the second level of compulsory education which the first and second steps of the main general education programs enter,
4) secondary education – the third level of the general education which three steps of the main general education programs enter,
5) the state general education standards – the regulating document which establishes obligatory minimum content of the main general education programs, the maximum amount of the educational program, general high-quality requirements imposed to graduates according to educational levels, system of estimation of students,
6) the general education program (the main and additional) – set of the curricula, subject programs and forms of the organization of training directed to implementation of the general education purposes
and. the alternative educational program – the educational program offering variety of subject programs, curricula, forms of the organization of training, means and methods which provides the results established by the state educational standard
. the author's educational program – the type of the alternative educational program which is acknowledged (is certified) author's according to international standards or created, developed and implemented by certain teaching staff or the managing director of body (bodies),
century the experimental educational program – the alternative educational program implemented in accordance with the established procedure for certain term which purpose is ensuring variety of the organization of education, international cooperation, identification and implementation of systems of the effective organization of education,
the international educational program - the alternative educational program performed in ten and more foreign states based on the international treaty
6. 1) remote education - the form of implementation of the educational program within which the direct and not being direct training process between the pupil and the teacher is performed generally by means of information technologies and telecommunications however in the course of the organization of the main general education programs can be applied according to the procedure, established by authorized body of public administration by training, in exceptional cases and for certain term;
6. 2) credit system - system of the organization of educational process of secondary education, current and final assessment of educational progress of pupils, measurements, accounting and transfer of assimilation of the educational program by means of the credits;
7) general education educational institution (further – educational institution) – the organization or its division having the status of the legal entity which realizes the main general education program (programs),
8) comprehensive school – the type of educational institution performing one or several general main general education programs including, with profound stream training or training of separate objects,
9) specialized comprehensive school - the type of educational institution performing specialized main general education programs in the field of military preparation, sport, crafts, art or any scientific sphere
10) special comprehensive school - the type of educational institution performing the main general general education and (or) main special general education programs for the students with special educational needs and also showing antisocial behavior
10. 1) special conditions of training – set of the subject programs and training methods directed to assimilation by person of the main general education program, individual technical means of training, the isolated circle, and also pedagogical, social and other services
10. 2) person with special educational needs – person having the difficulties connected with training, including, physical or intellectual features of development for assimilation which the main general education programs special conditions of training are necessary
10. 3) inclusive education – ensuring the maximum participation in training process of each child, including, the training having need of special conditions, according to features of development, by means of providing necessary conditions and the isolated circle and ensuring the result established by the state general education standard
10. 4) services of pedagogical psychological assistance – the educational and methodical, psychological and pedagogical assistance which is provided to the studying child, his parent and the pedagogical worker,
10. 5) estimation of need of the child for special conditions of training – observation of participation of person in educational programs, identification of opportunities of development of the child and establishment of need for special conditions of training,
10. 6) the center of pedagogical - psychological assistance – the organization estimating needs of the child for special conditions of training, promoting education, providing pedagogical and psychological and other support services
10. 7) the raised financing quota – the minimum amount of financing established by the Government of the Republic of Armenia which is necessary for providing special conditions of training,
10. 8) the plan of individual training – the document constituted based on the state and subject general education standards, programs and need of the child for special conditions of training who establishes the annual purposes, tasks of the organization for training of the student and actions for their achievement (inclusive, support services),
10. 9) the assistant to the teacher – the pedagogical worker helping the teacher in the course of the organization of training
11) the mixed class – the educational group consisting of the students acquiring subject programs of different classes
12) the pedagogical worker – the employee of educational institution, and also the pedagogical and psychological centers promoting assimilation by students of the general education programs and (or) providing requirements of content of training
13) the teacher - the pedagogical worker providing assimilation of subject programs by students in educational institution by means of educational process and directly responsible for this process,
14) certification of the teacher – process of determination of compliance of knowledge, working abilities, skills of the teacher of post,
14. 1) retraining of the teacher – assimilation and enhancement by the teacher of the corresponding new professional knowledge, skills in the repreparing organization, according to standards and programs of retraining of the teacher, the established state authorized body of management in the field of education,
14. 2) classification system – the criteria of qualification corresponding to professional knowledge and working skills of the teacher
15) examination of the textbook - process of estimation of compliance of the textbook to the state general education standards according to the procedure, established by the state authorized body of department of education.
1. The Republic of Armenia declares and guarantees development of the general education sphere as important guarantee on safety and stable development of the personality and society, preserving the Armenian identity.
2. Basis of state policy in the general education sphere is the national school which main goal is forming of comprehensively developed personality who is brought up in the spirit of patriotism, statehood and humanity and having professional orientation.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.