of August 26, 2017 No. 596-V
About the museums and museum case *
This Law determines the basic principles of state policy in the field of the museums and museum case, regulates creation and activities of the museums in Turkmenistan, the legal and other relations arising in connection with activities of the museums and also determines the rights and obligations of visitors of the museums.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the museum – the legal entity or structural division of the legal entity performing completing, studying, the preserving natural monuments, material and cultural wealth of culture providing public representation of museum objects and museum collections, and also scientific, educational, cultural and other needs of visitors of the museums;
2) museum case – the area of scientific, cultural and educational and educational activities including creation and development of system of the museums of Turkmenistan, completing, studying and preserving museum fund, public representation of museum objects and museum collections, professional training, advanced training and retraining of museum workers, scientific and methodical ensuring functioning of system of the museums of Turkmenistan;
3) system of the museums of Turkmenistan – set of the museums irrespective of their form of business, pattern of ownership and departmental subordination;
4) museum subject – cultural value, quality or special signs of which do necessary for society its preserving, studying and public representation;
5) museum collection – set of cultural values which acquire properties of museum subject only in case of connection them together in strength of mind of the origin or specific relationship, or on other signs;
6) museum fund – set of the museum objects and museum collections intended for system storage;
7) National museum fund of Turkmenistan – set of the museum objects and museum collections carried to objects of national cultural property of Turkmenistan and which are constantly stored in museum funds of the museums of Turkmenistan which export from the territory of the country is limited according to this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan regulating the questions connected with the museums and museum case;
8) the museum catalog – the list of the systematized information on each museum subject and each museum collection entering into the museum fund of each museum provided as in documentary, and electronic form. Based on museum catalogs the Summary catalog of museum funds of Turkmenistan is created;
9) the State catalog of National museum fund of Turkmenistan – the accounting document containing the main data on each museum subject and each museum collection, included in structure of National museum fund of Turkmenistan, and provided as in documentary, and electronic form;
10) storage – the type of activity of the museum assuming creation of material and legal conditions under which safety of museum subject and museum collection is ensured;
11) the publication – the form of activities of the museum assuming all types of representation to society of museum objects and museum collections by public display, reproduction in printing editions and on other types of carriers;
12) the museum worker – the physical person performing the activities connected with creation and development of the museums, completing, studying and representation of museum funds, and also scientific and methodical ensuring development of the museums;
13) museum service – complex of works on rendering the services answering the purpose of creation of the museums and also the activities performed by the museums.
1. The legislation of Turkmenistan on the museums and museum case is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan, the Law of Turkmenistan "About culture" and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan regulating the questions connected with the museums and museum case.
2. Tasks of the legislation of Turkmenistan on the museums and museum case are:
1) providing and protection of constitutional right of each citizen in the field of museum case;
2) determination of the principles of state policy in the field of museum case;
3) ensuring free availability to citizens of the scientific, historical, art and other cultural values which are kept in the museums;
4) establishment of the precepts of law and the principles governing the relations in the field of museum case;
5) creation of the legal basis of development of the museums in Turkmenistan and the state support of museum case.
Operation of this Law extends to the legal and other relations connected with creation of the museums in the territory of Turkmenistan, their activities and museum case.
1. State policy in the field of museum case is based on the following basic principles:
1) creations of conditions for general availability of the museum objects and museum collections which are under authority of the museums;
2) providing guarantees of the rights of visitors of the museums and non-interference of public authorities to professional activity of the museums;
3) supports of development of museum case by financing, carrying out the corresponding tax, credit and price policy;
4) supports of development of museum servicing least socially and economically protected layers and national groups (children, youth, disabled people, pensioners, inhabitants of the rural zone and hard to reach areas);
5) supports of the museums of the non-state patterns of ownership organizing free public museum servicing of the population.
2. In the field of museum case treat the main objectives of the state:
1) providing legal, organizational, economic and social conditions for development of museum case and effective activities of the museums;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.