of July 27, 2017 No. 34
About approval of regulations and rules on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety
Based on item 4 of article 21 of the Law of the Republic of Belarus of June 18, 2019 No. 198-Z "About radiation safety", the paragraph of the fourth of part three of article 6 of the Law of the Republic of Belarus of July 30, 2008 No. 426-Z "About use of atomic energy", subitem 7.4 of Item 7 of the Regulations on the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus approved by the Presidential decree of the Republic of Belarus of December 29, 2006 No. 756, the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus DECIDES:
1. go on:
regulations and rules on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety of "The requirement to functioning of system of accounting and the analysis of operational experience of nuclear power plants" (are applied).
V. A. Vashchenko
It is approved
First Deputy Minister of natural resources and environmental protections of the Republic of Belarus
June 27, 2017
I. V. Malkina
It is approved
Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus
June 26, 2017
I. A. Shunevich
It is approved
Chairman of Committee for State Security of the Republic of Belarus
June 28, 2017
It is approved
Minister of Health of the Republic of Belarus
June 30, 2017
V. A. Malashko
Approved by the Resolution of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus of July 27, 2017 No. 34
1. Regulations and rules on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety "Requirements to accomplishment of modifications on nuclear power plants and assessment of their safety" (further – Rules) establish general technical requirements to the activities connected with accomplishment of modifications on nuclear power plants (further – the NPP) and assessment of their safety during the commissioning and operation of the NPP, including to procedure for development and implementation of modifications on the NPP, category of modifications, depending on their influence on safety, and also to procedure for provision of the reporting in case of development and deployment of modifications in Department on nuclear and radiation safety of the Ministry of Emergency Situations (further – Gosatomnadzor).
2. Requirements of these rules are obligatory for all organizations irrespective of their pattern of ownership and departmental accessory during the commissioning and operation of the NPP.
3. For the purposes of these rules the following terms and their determinations are used:
temporary modification – modification of the NPP which is implemented for limited, reasonable period of time. Temporary modification can also be the intermediate stage in creation of permanent modification;
modification – complex carried out during the commissioning and operation of the NPP of works on change of designs, systems and elements, algorithms of engineering procedures and the software, limits or conditions of safe operation, production schedules of safe operation, instructions for accident elimination and control directives severe accidents, and also management systems of the operating organization *;
the equivalent element is the element made on the same specifications (specifications, specifications) using identical production technologies as the replaced element, or element for which assessment of safety was earlier executed within the procedure of modification and it is confirmed that this element can be considered as equivalent replacement to original element. Replacement of one element by equivalent does not belong to modifications;
trial operation of object of modification – stage of implementation of actions on modification development and deployment, input of modification in action for the purpose of determination of the actual values of quantity and quality characteristics of modification and readiness of personnel for work in operating conditions of modification, determination of the actual efficiency of modification, adjustment (if necessary) documentation which is carried out according to the special program during limited term;
commercial operation of object of modification – stage of implementation of actions on development and deployment of the modification accepted in operation in accordance with the established procedure and the corresponding project documentation which safety is confirmed with testing;
* For the purposes of these rules modification includes the term, including, upgrade and reconstruction of designs, systems and elements of the NPP. These rules do not cancel the requirement in the field of architectural, town-planning and construction activities.
4. Purposes of carrying out modifications:
increase in level of safety of the NPP;
increase in reliability of systems and elements of the NPP;
elimination of the causes of failures established during operation of the NPP;
increase in cost efficiency of the equipment and NPP in general;
improvement of maintainability of systems and elements of the NPP;
decrease in dose loads of personnel of the NPP;
cost reduction on production and/or maintenance of systems and elements of the NPP;
reduction of probability of human errors of the NPP;
prolongation of useful life of systems and elements of the NPP.
5. Need of carrying out modifications of the NPPs aimed at safety is determined by the operating organization on the basis:
analysis of internal or external operating experience of the NPP;
results of assessment of safety;
reliability analysis of the equipment and systems important for safety;
analysis of requirements for ensuring nuclear and radiation safety.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.