of August 21, 2017 No. 38
About approval of regulations and rules on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety
Based on subitem 7.4 of Item 7 of the Regulations on the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus approved by the Presidential decree of the Republic of Belarus of December 29, 2006 No. 756, the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus DECIDES:
1. Approve regulations and rules on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety of "The requirement for categorization of emergency planning in case of nuclear and (or) radiological emergency" (are attached).
V. A. Vashchenko
It is approved
Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus
July 17, 2017
I. A. Shunevich
It is approved
Chairman of Committee for State Security of the Republic of Belarus
July 18, 2017
It is approved
Minister of Health of the Republic of Belarus
July 12, 2017
V. A. Malashko
It is approved
Deputy minister of natural resources and environmental protections of the Republic of Belarus
July 11, 2017
S. S. Khrushchev
Approved by the Resolution of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus of August 21, 2017 No. 38
1. Regulations and rules on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety of "The requirement for categorization of emergency planning in case of nuclear and (or) radiological emergency" (further - Rules) establish technical requirements to safe handling of sources of ionizing radiation (further - III), and also to the activities connected with operation of subjects to use of atomic energy including to categories of emergency planning for realization of the differentiated approach to development of actions for emergency readiness and reaction in case of nuclear and (or) radiological emergency.
2. These rules extend to the legal entities and individual entrepreneurs performing activities for use of atomic energy and III. The categorization of emergency planning is established for the purpose of ensuring optimization of the differentiated approach to planning of the actions for readiness for response to nuclear and (or) radiological emergencies proportional to nature and scales of potential radiation hazard.
3. Actions plans on protection of personnel and the population against radiation accident and its effects shall be developed taking into account requirements to protective measures depending on categories of emergency planning.
4. For the purposes of these rules terms and their determinations in the values established by the Law of the Republic of Belarus of July 30, 2008 No. 426-Z "About use of atomic energy" and the Law of the Republic of Belarus of June 18, 2019 No. 198-Z "About radiation safety" and also the following terms and their determinations are used:
the determined effect – impact on health of radiation for which usually there is threshold level of dose above which weight of manifestation of this effect increases with increase in dose;
early protective measure – protective measure in case of nuclear and (or) radiological emergency which can be performed during the period from several days to several weeks and keeps the efficiency;
the heavy determined effect – the determined effect which is deadly or life-threatening or to health, leading to the chronic diseases reducing quality of life;
urgent protective measure – protective measure in case of nuclear and (or) radiological emergency which for the purpose of ensuring its efficiency shall be carried out quickly (usually during the period from several hours to one days) and which efficiency in case of delay of acceptance will be considerably reduced;
urgent preventive protective measure is urgent protective measures which are taken to or soon after emission of radioactive material on the basis of the created situation to prevent or minimize the heavy determined effects;
the stochastic effect – radiation induced (caused by radiation) impact on health which probability of origin increases in case of higher doses of radiation and weight of manifestation (if it takes place) does not depend on dose;
nuclear and (or) radiological emergency – the emergency connected with loss of management of III or nuclear installation and need of acceptance of protective measures.
5. The Item is excluded according to the Resolution of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus of 27.11.2020 No. 50
6. The main criteria of categorization of emergency planning are effects of emergency radiation for health of personnel and the population and the protective measures necessary for prevention or mitigation of these effects.
7. For the purposes of emergency planning in relation to situation of emergency radiation objects and activities are divided into the following categories:
category I – subjects to use of atomic energy for which events on the industrial platform (including improbable beyond design basis accidents) can potentially lead to emissions of radioactive materials in the environment and the heavy determined effects for health of the population outside the industrial platform;
the category II – subjects to use of atomic energy for which events on the platform can potentially lead to radiation of the population outside the platform (except for the heavy determined effects) and will be required acceptance of urgent and early protective measures, other antiemergency actions for goal achievement of emergency reaction;
category III – radiation objects for which impact of the predicted events is limited to the object territory within which holding actions for emergency readiness and reaction can be required;
category IV – activities or events which can potentially lead to the radiation accident requiring holding actions for emergency readiness and reaction in any unexpected place;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.