of July 4, 2017 No. 465
Some questions of implementation of mentorship over the child
According to part fourteen of article 17-1 of the Law of Ukraine "About providing organization-legal conditions of social protection of the orphan children and children deprived of parent guardianship" the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine decides:
Prime Minister of Ukraine
Approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of July 4, 2017 No. 465
1. This Provision determines the mechanism of the organization of implementation and maintaining mentorship over the child (further - mentorship) who lives in organization for the orphan children and children deprived of parent guardianship, other organization for children (further - organization).
2. In this Provision the mentorship is understood as voluntary free activities of the mentor for provision to the child who lives in institution, individual support and the help, first of all in preparation for independent life.
Other terms are used in the value given in the Family code of Ukraine, the Laws of Ukraine "About providing organization-legal conditions of social protection of the orphan children and children deprived of parent guardianship", "About child care", "About social work with families, children and youth", "About bodies and services for children and special facilities for children".
3. The purpose of mentorship is training of the child who lives in institution, to independent life by development of its physical, spiritual and intellectual potential, confidence in own forces, forming of cultural and moral values.
4. The main objectives of mentorship are:
determination and development of capabilities of the child, assistance of realization of its interests in professional self-determination;
provision to the child of available information on its rights and obligations;
forming at the child of the practical skills directed to its adaptation to independent life, in particular according to the solution of household questions, the order by own property and means, to receipt of educational, social, medical, administrative and other services;
acquaintance of the child with features of public communication and overcoming difficult life situations;
assistance to formation of the child as responsible and successful personality;
forming at the child of skills of healthy lifestyle.
5. The mentorship is performed in individual form by one full age capable face of one child.
6. The mentor can be full age capable person who completed course of training concerning social adaptation of children and their preparation for independent life (further - course of training), received the decision that it can perform activities for the organization of mentorship, and signed the agreement on mentorship.
Persons specified in article 212 of the Family code of Ukraine cannot be mentors.
The regional, Kiev and Sevastopol city centers of social services for family, children and youth (further - the regional center) provide passing by persons who showed willingness to become mentors (further - the candidate for mentors), course of training according to the program approved by Minsotspolitiki.
The district, city, district centers of social services in the cities for family, children and youth (further - the centers):
distribute information on mentorship and provide consultations concerning mentorship to interested persons in oral or written form;
make candidate screen in mentors;
cooperate with organizations for the purpose of distribution of information on mentorship among employees of organizations, children and their parents;
assist in establishment (forming) of the tutorial relations;
accompany the mentors and children needing social and psychological support;
conduct register of candidates for mentors and mentors in form according to appendix 1.
Employees of the centers according to the Law of Ukraine "About personal data protection" provide personal data protection and information on the children living in organizations and mentors who became known to them when implementing activities for the organization of mentorship.
8. For implementation of activities for the organization of mentorship, stipulated in Item 7 these Provisions, the regional centers and the centers have the right to sign agreements on cooperation with public and charitable organizations which have experience relatively:
organizations and carrying out training in work with children;
holding information campaigns for mentorship;
ensuring maintenance and superviziya of mentors;
holding actions for increase in level of competence of mentors;
carrying out with the assistance of mentors and children of educational actions in the territory and outside institutions.
passport copy of the citizen of Ukraine;
the conclusion about the state of health in form according to appendix 5 to the Procedure by guardianship and custody bodies of the activities connected with protection of the rights of the child, to No. 866 approved by the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of September 24, 2008 "Questions of the activities of guardianship and custody bodies connected with protection of the rights of the child" (The Official Bulletin of Ukraine, 2008, No. 76, the Art. 2561);
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.