of June 21, 2017 No. 394
About approval of the Program of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic for counteraction to extremism and terrorism for 2017-2022
For the purpose of implementation of the Concept of homeland security of the Kyrgyz Republic approved by the Presidential decree of the Kyrgyz Republic of June 9, 2012 No. 120, according to article 10 of the constitutional Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic" the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic decides:
1. Approve the Program of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic for counteraction to extremism and terrorism for 2017-2022 (further - the Program) according to appendix.
2. To the state committee of homeland security of the Kyrgyz Republic in a month in accordance with the established procedure to introduce in Government office of the Kyrgyz Republic the Actions plan on program implementation.
3. Determine that the program implementation is enabled within the means provided in the republican budget on financing of the ministries, state committees and administrative departments for the corresponding year and also the extrabudgetary funds which are not forbidden by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The program of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic for counteraction to extremism and terrorism for 2017-2022 (further - the Program) is conceptual basis of implementation of the Concept of homeland security of the Kyrgyz Republic approved by the Presidential decree of the Kyrgyz Republic of June 9, 2012 No. 120.
One of priorities of the Program is development of the effective measures allowing to limit the recruiting potential of extremist and terrorist groups, the organizations and movements. Studying of the reasons and consequences of radicalization, along with the analysis of the basic conditions promoting growth of radical moods allows to formulate measures for counteraction to extremism and prevention to terrorism.
The program provides package of measures, providing effective counteraction to threats of extremism and terrorism, strict observance of human rights and freedoms, rule of law and other constitutional principles of the Kyrgyz Republic. The purpose of this Program is change of the developing situation in the field of counteraction to extremism and prevention of terrorism.
The successful program implementation depends on coordination of actions of state bodies, organizations and organizations of the Kyrgyz Republic for counteraction to extremism and terrorism.
Basic principles of program implementation:
- respect for rule of law, fair management and universal respect of the human rights which are fundamental basis in fight against extremism and terrorism;
- promotion of values of tolerance, cross-cultural, interreligious and interethnic dialogue for elimination of the conditions promoting distribution of extremism and terrorism;
- compliance of the taken measures to the international obligations in the field of human rights, including to the principles of legality, proportionality, harmony and nondiscrimination.
External and internal prerequisites of emergence of extremism and terrorism.
Activity of the extremist and terrorist groups which often are covered with religion almost around the world acquires recently large-scale nature. Extremist and terrorist groups pose threat to peace and safety, to sustainable development, are dangerous challenge to human rights and rule of law, integrity and sovereignty of the states.
Activities of the groups, the organizations and movements adhering to ideology of violence and hatred force the states to apply preventive and power methods of fight against terrorism and extremism.
At this conjuncture combination of efforts of all branches of the power, the government and public institutions and mass media is urgent.
The current results of activities of state bodies on counteraction to religious extremism and terrorism together with public organizations and expert community allow to designate the following external and internal factors promoting growth of threat of distribution of ideology of extremism and terrorism in the Kyrgyz Republic.
External factors. Expansion of international backgrounds, globalization, informatization of society promoted that modern terrorism and extremism acquired cross-border nature.
Special vulnerability of the Kyrgyz Republic is predetermined by geographical proximity of Central Asia to the regions which are characterized by instability and the conflicts, became the centers of distribution of the ideas of extremism. Serious danger is constituted by combatants upon return home. Democratic the mode in the republic it is used by extremists and terrorists for relocation of the groups to the Kyrgyz Republic, creating additional risks.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 36000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.