of March 23, 2017 No. 1977-VIII
About the state support of cinematography in Ukraine
This Law determines bases of the state support of cinematography in Ukraine which aims at creating favorable conditions for film production development, establishment by transparent procedures of implementation of financing by the state of projects in the sphere of cinematography.
1. Operation of this Law extends to subjects of cinematography, legal entities irrespective of pattern of ownership, the physical persons entrepreneurs and physical persons performing the activities connected with cinematography and/or performing production, storage, distribution, demonstration, other use of movies, other audiovisual works in the territory of Ukraine.
1. The legislation on the state support of cinematography consists of the Constitution of Ukraine, the Civil code of Ukraine, this Law, the laws of Ukraine "About culture", "About cinematography", "About television and broadcasting", "About copyright and the related rights", "About government assistance to subjects of managing" and other legal acts of Ukraine, and also international treaties which consent to be bound is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
2. Used in this Law are used in the values determined by this Law, and also the Law of Ukraine "About cinematography".
1. The cinematography is recognized the sphere of culture which is supported by the state taking into account the purposes and the principles established by this Law and other legal acts of Ukraine.
2. The purpose of the state support of cinematography are:
1) creation of the proper legal and economic conditions necessary for development of cinematography;
2) forming of the industry of cinematography, production of movies, other audiovisual works, economically self-sufficient, competitive in the international markets;
3) creating favorable conditions and development of modern infrastructure for production, demonstrations and distribution of movies;
4) creation of favorable tax regime and provision of support to production, demonstration and distribution of national movies in Ukraine and abroad;
5) increase in tax revenues due to development of the industry of cinematography;
6) implementation of mechanisms of attraction of extrabudgetary funds, including foreign investments and remedies for foreign subjects of cinematography;
7) promoting of the Ukrainian values, Ukrainian and culture, increase in interest of the gross audience in national movies;
8) creation of proper mechanisms for protection of intellectual property rights;
9) creation of high-quality educational base for training of highly qualified specialists in the sphere of cinematography;
10) creation of conditions for increase in quantity of workplaces, strengthening of social guarantees of workers of cinematography;
11) development of material and technical resources of cinematography, production, demonstration, distribution and promoting of movies;
12) activization of the international, interstate, external economic cooperation and improvement of image of Ukraine in the international market as the country having the developed and highly competitive industry of cinematography.
1. The principles of state policy in the sphere of support of cinematography are:
1) protectionism of the sphere of cinematography by the state, including productions, distribution, promoting and demonstrations of movies, in receipt of investments, including foreign;
2) recognition of development of cinematography by one of priorities of state policy in the sphere of culture;
3) efficiency of support of cinematography, including production, distribution, promoting and demonstration of movies;
4) availability of receipt of the state support by subjects of cinematography;
5) ensuring participation of subjects of cinematography, the public associations representing their interests, the creative unions in forming and realization of state policy in the sphere of cinematography;
6) openness and transparency of procedures of provision of the state support.
1. The state provides and stimulates production (creation), distribution, promoting and demonstration of national movies in film, video networks, on television, on the Internet, etc., preserving, recovery, restoration national and the best samples of world cinema heritage, takes measures for return to Ukraine of the national cinema heritage which is beyond its limits and also promotes protection of intellectual property rights.
2. The state support is provided to subjects of cinematography, irrespective of pattern of ownership, providing creation (production), distribution, demonstration, advertizing and promoting of national movies, promotion of services of domestic film industry, carrying out the basic and applied researches performing educational activities in the sphere of cinematography, according to the procedure, established by this Law.
3. The state supports production of movies, joint with foreign subjects of cinematography, application of world achievements of science and technology in production, distribution, promoting, demonstration, advertizing, storage, recovery, restoration of movies.
4. The state participates in implementation of the international and domestic cinema programs, in the organization of the international and domestic Film Festivals, the film markets, other actions in the sphere of cinema and television and promotes participation of subjects of cinematography of Ukraine in them.
5. The state guarantees to all subjects of cinematography protection of intellectual property rights in the territory of Ukraine and other states according to the legislation of Ukraine and international treaties which consent to be bound is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
6. The state supports cinematography, creating favorable conditions in spheres tax, customs, currency and other types of regulation.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.