of March 20, 2017 No. 520-V
About libraries and library science
This Law determines legal, organizational, economic and social basis of library science in Turkmenistan, guarantees the right of each citizen to open entry to information, knowledge, familiarizing with the values of national and world culture, science and education which are stored in libraries, governs the relations connected with creation and functioning of library system in Turkmenistan, forming and ensuring safety of library stocks, the organization of library servicing of users of libraries and also establishes their rights and obligations when using of libraries.
For the purposes of this Law the following basic concepts are applied:
1) library – the legal entity or structural division of the legal entity having organized fund of documents and providing information, scientific, educational, cultural and other needs of users of library, promoting development of intellectual and moral potential of society;
2) library science – the area of information, scientific, cultural and educational and educational activities including creation and development of network of libraries, forming, processing and storage of library stocks, the organization of library servicing of users of libraries, professional training, retraining and advanced training of employees of libraries, scientific and methodical ensuring functioning of library system;
3) library system of Turkmenisyotan – extensive network of libraries of the different types connected among themselves by interaction and mutual use of the library resources and functioning as a unit;
4) library activities – activities of libraries for forming of library stocks and the organization of library servicing on the basis of information and communication technologies;
5) library servicing – ensuring access of users of library to library resources;
6) the user of library – the fizichesyoky or legal entity who is registered in library and uses its services;
7) library resources – the ordered library stocks, the help and search office of library, material means of processing, storage and information transfer;
8) library stock – set of documents of different function and the status, organizationally and functionally connected among themselves, subject to accounting, completing, storage and use for the purpose of library servicing of the population;
9) the document – information fixed on paper, magnetic, film, film, optical disk or other material carrier, including in the form of the text, sound recording (soundtrack), the image or their combination, having details for its identification, storage and ensuring access to it, intended for transfer in time and space for the purpose of public use and storage;
10) the help and search office of library – set of reference, bibliographic, information publications, card and electronic catalogs, the databases intended for information search in the cultural, scientific and educational purposes;
11) library service – activities of library for satisfaction of information, cultural, scientific, educational and other needs of users of library;
12) the bibliography – the field of information activities connected with purposeful preparation of the universal information on documents on all industries of knowledge on traditional and nonconventional material data carriers created in the form of bibliographic records and also its accounting, storage and distribution;
13) bibliographic record – fixation in documentary or elektyoronny form of the data on the document allowing to identify it, to open its structure and content for the purpose of implementation of bibliographic search. The heading (name of the author, the name of the edition), classification index, subject heading, the summary (paper), the code of storage of the document, the certificate of subsequent bibliografichesyoky entries, date of completion of processing of the document, data of office nature is part of bibliographic record;
14) the electronic catalog – electronic form of the list of the systematized information on documents and library stocks;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 36000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.