It is registered
Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
December 6, 2016
of November 9, 2016 No. 1179
About approval of Rules of ethical behavior of police officers
According to article 37 of the Law of Ukraine "About prevention of corruption", to the Law of Ukraine "About National police" for the purpose of forming at police officers of sense of responsibility on respect for professional ethical standards of behavior on duty, and also assistance to strengthening of the authority and trust of citizens to National police of Ukraine I order:
1. Approve Rules of ethical behavior of police officers (further - Rules) which are attached.
2. To heads of structural divisions of the central governing body of police, territorial authorities of police in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol, areas, Kiev, the interregional territorial authorities of police, public institutions of police and educational institutions with specific conditions of training performing training of police officers to organize studying of Rules in system of office preparation.
3. To department of forming of policy for authorities under control to the Minister and monitoring of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (Bodnar V. E.) provide submission of this order on state registration in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine in accordance with the established procedure.
5. To impose control of execution of this order on the Chairman of National police of Ukraine police lieutenant colonel Dekanoidze H.
A. B. Avakov
Approved by the Order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine of November 9, 2016 No. 1179
1. These rules are the generalized collection of professional and ethical requirements about rules of conduct of police officers and crime counteractions, maintenance of public safety and procedure on the basis of ethics and universal values are aimed at providing service of police to society by ensuring protection of human rights and freedoms.
These Rules extend to all police officers who serve in National police of Ukraine (further - police). Observance of requirements of these Rules is obligation for each police officer, irrespective of post, special rank and the location.
2. The purpose of these Rules is settlement of behavior of police officers with respect for ethical standards, forming at police officers sense of responsibility before society and the law for the actions and failure to act, and also assistance to strengthening of the authority and trust of citizens to police.
3. These rules are based on the Constitution of Ukraine, the Laws of Ukraine "About National police", "About prevention of corruption", other laws of Ukraine, acts of the President of Ukraine and resolutions of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine accepted according to the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine.
4. In case of acceptance on service in police person is acquainted with requirements of these rules.
5. The police officer performs the activities according to the fundamental principles which are enshrined in the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine "About National police", other legal acts of Ukraine, and also in these Rules, in particular:
supremacy of law;
observance of human rights and freedoms;
openness and transparency;
interactions with the population on the principles of partnership;
justice, impartiality and equality.
1. On duty the police officer shall:
to steadily adhere to provisions of the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine, other regulatory legal acts regulating activities of police, and the Oath of the police officer;
it is professional to fulfill the service duties, to act only on the basis, within powers and method which are determined by the Constitution, the laws of Ukraine, other regulatory legal acts adopted according to the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine, international treaties of Ukraine, and also these rules;
respect and not violate human rights and freedoms to which, in particular, the rights belong: on life; respect of advantage; on freedom and security of person; inviolability of home; on freedom of thought and words, on free expression of the views and beliefs; on freedom of outlook and religion; own, use and dispose of the property, results of the intellectual, creative activities; on peaceful assemblies; on freedom of travel, the free choice of the residence; other rights provided by the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine, international treaties of Ukraine;
in each separate case to choose that measure among measures, stipulated by the legislation Ukraine which application will lead to approach of the least negative consequences;
to strictly observe the anti-corruption legislations of Ukraine, restrictions connected with service in National police of Ukraine, determined by the Laws of Ukraine "About National police", "About prevention of corruption" and other acts of the legislation of Ukraine;
show respect for advantage of each person, to treat fairly and without prejudice everyone, despite racial or national identity, language, sex, age, religion, political or other convictions, property status, social origin or the status, education, the place of residence, sexual orientation or other sign;
behave reserved, friendly, open, attentively and politely, causing respect for police and readiness to cooperate in the population;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.