of May 12, 1991 No. 1023-XII
About consumer protection
This Law governs the relations between consumers of goods, works and services and producers and sellers of goods, contractors and okazyvatel of services of different patterns of ownership, establishes the rights of consumers, and also determines the mechanism of their protection and basis of realization of state policy in the field of consumer protection.
In this Law terms are used in such value:
1) safety of products - lack of any risk for life, health, property of the consumer and the surrounding environment in case of usual conditions of use, storage, transportation, production and utilization of products;
2) input of products in the address - the actions of the subject of housekeeping directed to production or import to customs area of Ukraine of products with further independent or mediate realization in the territory of Ukraine;
4) the producer - the subject of housekeeping, which: makes goods or declares itself as about the producer of goods or about production of such goods by request, placing on goods and/or on packaging or accompanying documents that together with goods are transferred to the consumer, the name (name), trademark or other element identifying such subject of housekeeping; or imports goods;
5) warranty period - the term during which the producer (the seller, the contractor or any third party) undertakes obligations about implementation of free repair or replacement of the corresponding products in connection with its input in the address;
6) office room - any room (the building and so forth) in which there is subject of housekeeping either its branch, or its structural division, or representation;
7) the agreement - the oral or written transaction between the consumer and the seller (contractor) about quality, terms, the price and other conditions under which products are sold. Confirmation of making of the oral transaction is drawn up by the receipt, the sales or cash register receipt, the ticket, the coupon or other documents (further - the settlement document);
9) the agreement signed out of trade or office rooms, the agreement signed with the consumer personally in the place, other what trade or office rooms of the seller;
11) means of remote communication - telecommunication networks, mail service, television, information networks, in particular the Internet which can be used for the conclusion of agreements at distance;
12) essential shortcoming - the shortcoming which excludes opportunity or does not allow use of goods according to its purpose, arose because of the producer (the seller, the contractor), after its elimination is shown for the reasons, independent of the consumer, again and at the same time is allocated at least one of the following signs:
a) it cannot be eliminated at all;
b) its elimination requires more than fourteen calendar days;
c) it does goods significantly to others, than it is provided by the agreement;
13) proper goods quality, works or services - property of products which meets the requirements established for this category of products in regulatory legal acts and regulating documents and terms of the contract with the consumer;
14) dishonest entrepreneurial practice - any business activity or divergence which contradicts rules to trade and other fair customs and influences or can affect economic consumer behavior concerning products;
15) shortcoming - any discrepancy of products to requirements of regulatory legal acts and regulating documents, to conditions of agreements or requirements which are imposed to it, and also information on products provided by the producer (the contractor, the seller);
17) service - activities of the contractor for provision (transfer) to the consumer of the material or non-material benefit defined by the agreement that is performed by the individual order of the consumer for satisfaction of its personal needs;
20) realization - activities of subjects of housekeeping for sales of goods (works, services);
21) work - activities of the contractor of which production of goods or change of its properties by the individual order of the consumer for satisfaction of its personal needs is result;
22) the consumer - the physical person which acquires orders, uses or intends to acquire or order products for the personal needs which are directly not connected with business activity or accomplishment of obligations of hired employee;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.