of December 16, 2016 No. 201
About the legal aid guaranteed by the state
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on November 10, 2016
This Law governs the relations connected with rendering to persons specified in this Law, consulting and legal and qualified legal aid within the legal aid guaranteed by the state and establishes the legal basis of the organization and functioning of system of the legal aid guaranteed by the state in the Kyrgyz Republic.
The legislation on the legal aid guaranteed by the state is based on the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Operation of this Law extends to citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic, and also to the foreign citizens, persons without citizenship and refugees needing receipt of the legal aid guaranteed by the state in the cases provided by this Law.
1. The Kyrgyz Republic guarantees equal access to legal aid to all persons in the cases provided by this Law.
2. State policy in the field of the legal aid guaranteed by the state is provided with set of the organization-legal, social and economic, information, control and other measures performed for the purpose of realization of guarantee of the rights of citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic, foreign citizens, stateless persons and refugees on receipt of the legal aid guaranteed by the state.
In this Law the following basic concepts are applied:
1) the legal aid guaranteed by the state (LAGS) - the consulting and legal and qualified legal aid provided to physical persons according to this Law;
2) consulting legal assistance - informing on system of law of the Kyrgyz Republic, the rights and obligations of persons of law, methods of realization and use of the rights in judicial and extrajudicial procedure; consultation on legal issues; help in creation of documents of legal nature; other forms of the help which are not falling under determination of qualified legal aid;
3) qualified legal aid - professional activity of the lawyer on representation and/or protection of legitimate rights and interests of persons on civil, administrative and criminal cases at all stages of civil, administrative and criminal trial at the expense of the state;
4) the applicant - person who addressed with the petition for provision of the legal aid guaranteed by the state in the interests or for the benefit of other persons;
5) the receiver - physical person to which the legal aid guaranteed by the state according to the procedure is provided, established by this Law;
6) system of the legal aid guaranteed by the state - the organization of provision and rendering the legal aid by state bodies, Legal profession of the Kyrgyz Republic guaranteed by the state, local government bodies, other organizations and persons according to this Law.
The procedure for their interaction is determined by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic;
7) authorized body - the state body given the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic authority on realization of state policy in the field of the legal aid guaranteed by the state;
8) the center for coordination of the legal aid guaranteed by the state under authorized body - specialized agency on provision of the legal aid guaranteed by the state;
9) the coordinator - the official of authorized body providing interaction between the applicant and the lawyer for the purpose of provision of qualified legal aid.
The principles of the legal aid guaranteed by the state are:
2) protection of the rights, freedoms and the interests of the physical persons needing the legal aid guaranteed by the state protected by the law;
3) availability and quality of the legal aid guaranteed by the state;
4) confidentiality when rendering the legal aid guaranteed by the state;
5) efficiency of the state control of quality of rendering legal aid and observance of requirements of the legislation and regulations of professional ethics.
1. The legal aid guaranteed by the state is provided in the form of consulting legal assistance and qualified legal aid.
2. The consulting legal assistance is provided in type:
1) legal information;
2) giving consultations and explanations according to legal issues;
3) creation of statements, claims and other documents of legal nature (except documents of procedural nature);
4) assistance in ensuring access of person to qualified legal aid;
5) other forms of legal assistance.
3. Qualified legal aid is provided in the field of civil, administrative and criminal trial in type:
1) legal information;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.