of June 18, 2016 No. 409-V
About the state awards of Turkmenistan
This Law establishes the state awards of Turkmenistan for merits in front of Turkmenistan, determines their legal status, and also the rights and obligations of winners the state awards of Turkmenistan.
1. The state awards of Turkmenistan (further – the state awards) – the highest form of recognition of contribution to protection and strengthening of the state and democratic society, unity of the people, in protection of rights and freedoms of man and citizen, merits in development of economy, science, culture, the social sphere, in public, humanitarian, charitable and other types of activity before the state and the people.
2. The state awards are established only by the laws of Turkmenistan.
The legislation of Turkmenistan on the state awards is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law, and also other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan governing the public relations in this area.
1. Types of the state awards are the highest degree of difference of Turkmenistan – rank "Turkmenistanyn Gahrymany", awards, medals and honorary titles of Turkmenistan which receive for merits before the state and society.
Names of the state awards are established in state language.
2. The sequence of awards and medals on the importance is established according to the procedure, stated in this Law.
3. The anniversary, commemorative medals and other awards established in commemoration of important dates or events in the history of the state and society, and also award of the government, the ministries and departments, being special type of awards, rewarding with them does not attract provision of privileges, stipulated by the legislation Turkmenistan for winners with the state awards.
1. Statutes and regulations on the state awards determine the bases for rewarding, contain descriptions of the state awards, and also establish procedure for rewarding, carrying the state awards and other rules.
2. For award of Turkmenistan its statute, and for medal and honorary title – regulations on them, and also the description of awards affirms, medals and breastplates to honorary titles affirm the Law of Turkmenistan on organization of these state awards or the resolution of Majlis of Turkmenistan.
3. The purpose, with which the state awards, requirements imposed to selection of persons, worthy them are established, awards, allowances, the privileges and other measures of encouragement provided for the awarded their persons are specified in statutes of awards, regulations on medals and honorary titles. Awards and medals have levels of the identical size, their samples affirm the law of Turkmenistan or the resolution of Majlis of Turkmenistan.
4. The state awards are put on on the left side of breast on public holidays and other solemn occasions in the priority specified in articles 8-10 of this Law, at first - awards and medals, and then breastplates to honorary titles. Persons awarded with awards and medals have the right to carry their levels.
1. Rewarding with the state awards is performed by the President of Turkmenistan.
2. The state awards award citizens of Turkmenistan.
The state awards, except for ranks "Turkmenistanyn Gahrymany", can be awarded also the persons who are not citizens of Turkmenistan, having merits in front of Turkmenistan if other is not provided by the laws of Turkmenistan.
3. Rewarding of the President of Turkmenistan with the state awards is performed by Majlis of Turkmenistan.
4. Types of the state awards for rewarding of the companies, organizations, organizations, on-stage performance groups and military units and procedure for their rewarding are determined by the legislation of Turkmenistan.
In case of rewarding with the state awards of military units of the name of the state awards join in their names, and in case of rewarding of the companies, organizations, organizations, on-stage performance groups of the name of the state awards join in their names at will.
5. Citizens of Turkmenistan can be awarded awards of foreign states.
6. In case of rewarding with the state awards the type of the state award is determined by nature and degree of merits of awarded.
The awarded awards and medals for new merits can be again awarded by the same or other awards and medals if other is not provided by statutes of awards and regulations on medals.
7. Rewarding with the state awards can be made posthumously.
1. The rank "Turkmenistanyn Gahrymany" is the highest degree of difference of Turkmenistan and is appropriated only to citizens of Turkmenistan for especially outstanding merits before the state and society. The hero of Turkmenistan is handed sign of special difference - the medal "Altyn Ay" and the certificate.
2. The rank "Turkmenistanyn Gahrymany" can be in exceptional cases again given for huge personal deposit to strengthening of sovereignty, the constitutional system of Turkmenistan and independence, permanent neutrality of the state.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.