of August 28, 2001 No. 892
About the state assay supervision
For the purpose of enhancement of the state assay supervision of use of precious metals and gemstones the Government of the Republic of Moldova DECIDES:
Regulations on the state assay supervision according to the appendix N1;
Prints of the state brand of the products and objects made of precious metals according to the appendix N 2 (confidentially).
2. To all legal entities and physical persons making products and objects of precious metals without fail to re-register in Public organization "State Assay Chamber" of the Republic of Moldova personal marks which are put down on the products made of precious metals.
3. State brands to assign maintaining the State register to Public organization "State Assay Chamber" of the Republic of Moldova.
4. Declare invalid the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova N 555 of September 6, 1993. "About assay supervision" (The official monitor, 1993, N 9, the Art. 260).
Prime Minister of the Republic of Moldova
Appendix No. 1
to the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova of August 28, 2001 No. 892
1. The state assay supervision of use of precious metals and gemstones in the territory of the Republic of Moldova is performed by Public organization "State Assay Chamber" (further - PU of "GPP").
2. No. 112 voided according to the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova of 27.02.2019
3. Activities of PU "GPP" are performed according to the Law No. 282-XV of July 22, 2004. "About the mode of precious metals and gemstones" (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2004, No. 171-174, of the Art. 777); Law No. 308/2017 on the prevention and anti-money laundering and financing of terrorism and its charter.
4. The charter of PU "GPP" affirms the Ministry of Finance.
5. Control of PU "GPP" is exercised by the director who is appointed to position and is dismissed by the Ministry of Finance.
6. PU "GPP" performs the following functions:
approbation and branding of all products from the precious metals made in the territory of the Republic of Moldova and/or imported on its territory for realization which correspond to the tests established in Item 14 of this provision;
examination of prints of assay brand on products from precious metals and gemstones;
examination of precious metals and diagnostics of gemstones;
examination of the museum and archival values made of precious metals and gemstones;
carrying out umpire and control analyses of precious metals in any kind and in any condition and products from them, and also their scrap and waste, upon the demand of law enforcement and other agencies, according to the rates approved by the Government;
registration of marks (personal signs) of manufacturers which are applied on the products made by economic agents of precious metals and gemstones;
state control of observance of requirements of the state assay supervision by legal entities and physical persons;
production of trial reactants by orders of economic agents who use precious metals in the activities;
other activities, stipulated by the legislation.
7. PU "GPP" is holder of the State register of the marks applied on the products and objects made by economic agents of precious metals and gemstones.
8. PU "GPP" has the following rights:
1) to exercise control of activities of economic agents who use in the activities precious metals and gemstones, regarding compliance with law and this provision. During control of PU "GPP" has the right:
a) check rooms, workplaces and storages of precious metals and gemstones;
b) check the ledgers and other accounting documents concerning transactions with precious metals and gemstones;
c) demand from officials written explanations and other information concerning use of precious metals and gemstones;
d) withdraw in accordance with the established procedure from economic agents of product and objects from the precious metals transferred to retail chain stores without print of the state assay brand or in case there is doubt in authenticity of print of brand. Withdrawal of products is performed for conducting examination;
e) take sample of alloys, ingots, solutions, whetstones, semifinished products, waste and other materials for the analysis and determination of content in them precious metals.
2) to transfer to investigating bodies materials and documents on violations of requirements of the legislation regulating activities with precious metals and gemstones and this provision.
9. All physical persons and legal entities which in the activities use precious metals and gemstones shall:
b) have the mark which print is put down on all products made of precious metals and gemstones.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.