of August 28, 2001 No. 892
About the state assay supervision
(In edition of the Order of the Government of Moldova No. 673 of 11.07.2005, No. 32 of 10.01.2006)
For the purpose of enhancement of the state assay supervision of use of precious metals and gemstones the Government of the Republic of Moldova DECIDES:
Regulations on the state assay supervision according to the appendix N1;
Prints of the state brand of the products and objects made of precious metals according to the appendix N 2 (confidentially).
2. To all legal entities and physical persons making products and objects of precious metals without fail to re-register in the State assay chamber under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Moldova personal marks which are put down on the products made of precious metals.
3. State brands to assign maintaining the State register to the State assay chamber under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Moldova.
4. Declare invalid the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova N 555 of September 6, 1993. "About assay supervision" (The official monitor, 1993, N 9, the Art. 260).
Prime Minister of the Republic of Moldova
Appendix No. 1
to the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova No. 892 of August 28, 2001
1. The state assay supervision of use of precious metals and gemstones in the territory of the Republic of Moldova is performed by the State assay chamber under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Moldova (further - Assay chamber).
2. The state assay chamber is the state company created by the Ministry of Finance, the independent economic agent with the right of the legal entity which on the basis of the state-owned property transferred to it to ownership performs business activity has the settlement account in banks of the Republic of Moldova, seal with the image of the State Emblem of the Republic of Moldova, with the name of the company and with the words "Republica Moldova".
4. The charter of Assay chamber affirms the Ministry of Finance.
5. Control of Assay chamber is exercised by the chief who is appointed to position and is dismissed by the Ministry of Finance.
6. The state assay chamber performs the following functions:
approbation and branding of all products from the precious metals made in the territory of the Republic of Moldova and/or imported on its territory for realization which correspond to the tests established in Item 14 of this provision;
examination of prints of assay brand on products from precious metals and gemstones;
examination of precious metals and diagnostics of gemstones;
examination of the museum and archival values made of precious metals and gemstones;
carrying out umpire and control analyses of precious metals in any kind and in any condition and products from them, and also their scrap and waste, upon the demand of law enforcement and other agencies, according to the rates approved by the Government;
registration of marks (personal signs) of manufacturers which are applied on the products made by economic agents of precious metals and gemstones;
state control of observance of requirements of the state assay supervision by legal entities and physical persons;
production of trial reactants by orders of economic agents who use precious metals in the activities;
other activities, stipulated by the legislation.
7. The assay chamber is holder of the State register of the marks applied on the products and objects made by economic agents of precious metals and gemstones.
8. The assay chamber has the following rights:
1) to exercise control of activities of economic agents who use in the activities precious metals and gemstones, regarding compliance with law and this provision. During control the Assay chamber has the right:
a) check rooms, workplaces and storages of precious metals and gemstones;
b) check the ledgers and other accounting documents concerning transactions with precious metals and gemstones;
c) demand from officials written explanations and other information concerning use of precious metals and gemstones;
d) withdraw in accordance with the established procedure from economic agents of product and objects from the precious metals transferred to retail chain stores without print of the state assay brand or in case there is doubt in authenticity of print of brand. Withdrawal of products is performed for conducting examination;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.