of April 5, 2001 No. 2341-III
1. The criminal code of Ukraine has the task legal support of protection of rights and freedoms of man and citizen, property, public order and public safety, the environment, the constitutional system of Ukraine from criminal encroachments, providing the world and safety of mankind, and also the prevention of crimes.
2. For implementation of this task the Criminal code of Ukraine determines what socially dangerous acts are crimes and what punishments are applied to persons who made them.
1. The basis of criminal liability is committing by person of socially dangerous act containing actus reus, provided by this Code.
2. Person is considered innocent in crime execution and cannot be subjected to criminal penalty until his guilt is proved legally and established by conviction of court.
3. Nobody can be brought to trial for the same crime more than once.
1. The legislation of Ukraine on criminal liability constitutes the Criminal code of Ukraine which is based on the Constitution of Ukraine and the conventional principles and rules of international law.
2. The laws of Ukraine on criminal liability adopted after entry into force of this Code join in it since their introduction in force.
4. Application of the law on criminal liability by analogy is forbidden.
5. The laws of Ukraine on criminal liability shall correspond to the provisions containing in the existing international treaties which consent to be bound is this the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
1. The law on criminal liability becomes effective in ten days from the date of its official promulgation if other is not provided by the law, but not earlier than day of its publication.
3. Time of crime execution time of committing by person of the action provided by the law on criminal liability or failure to act is recognized.
1. The law on criminal liability which cancels crime of act mitigates criminal liability or otherwise improves provision of person, has retroactive effect in time, i.e. extends to persons who made the corresponding acts to the introduction of such law in force including to persons who serve sentence or served sentence, but have criminal record.
3. The law on criminal liability which partially mitigates criminal liability or otherwise improves provision of person, and partially strengthens criminal liability or otherwise worsens situation of person, has retroactive effect in time only in that part which mitigates criminal liability or otherwise improves provision of person.
4. If after committing by person of the act provided by this Code, the law on criminal liability changed several times, retroactive effect in time has that law which cancels crime of act, mitigates criminal liability or otherwise improves provision of person.
1. Persons who committed crimes in the territory of Ukraine are subject to criminal liability under this Code.
2. The crime is recognized made in the territory of Ukraine if it was begun, continued, finished or stopped in the territory of Ukraine.
3. The crime is recognized made in the territory of Ukraine if his contractor or at least one of accomplices acted on the territory of Ukraine.
4. The question of criminal liability of diplomatic representatives of foreign states and other citizens who under the laws of Ukraine and international treaties which consent to be bound is this the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine are not jurisdictional on criminal cases to courts of Ukraine in case of making of crime by them in the territory of Ukraine is allowed in the diplomatic way.
1. The citizens of Ukraine and persons without citizenship who are constantly living in Ukraine, committed crimes beyond its limits are subject to criminal liability under this Code if other is not provided by international treaties of Ukraine which consent to be bound is this the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
2. If persons specified in part one of this Article for the committed crimes were subjected to criminal penalty outside Ukraine, they cannot be brought in Ukraine to trial for these crimes.
1. The foreigners or persons without citizenship who are not living constantly in Ukraine, committed crimes out of its limits are subject in Ukraine to responsibility under this Code in the cases provided by international treaties or if they committed the heavy or especially serious crimes provided by this Code against the rights and freedoms of citizens of Ukraine or interests of Ukraine.
2. The foreigners or persons without citizenship who are not living constantly in Ukraine are also subject in Ukraine to responsibility under this Code if they outside Ukraine made in partnership with officials who are citizens of Ukraine, any of the crimes provided by Articles 368, 368.3, 368.4, 369 and 369.2 of this Code or if they offered, promised, provided illegal benefit to such officials, or accepted the offer, the promise of illegal benefit or received from them such benefit.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.