of March 26, 2016 No. 372-V
About counteraction to spread of the disease caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV infection)
(In edition of the Law of Turkmenistan of 25.11.2017 No. 661-V)
This Law establishes legal, organizational and economic basis of prevention of the disease caused by human immunodeficiency virus.
The basic concepts used for the purposes of this Law mean the following:
1) human immunodeficiency virus (further – HIV) – virus which causes human body immunodeficiency;
2) HIV infection – the chronic infectious disease caused by HIV;
3) HIV-positive person – person in whose organism HIV is revealed;
4) acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) – final stage of HIV infection with different display of the serious and dangerous illnesses caused by deep defeat of immune system of the person;
5) medical examination on HIV – inspection of persons on the detection of HIV which is followed by carrying out to - and posttest consultation;
6) obligatory medical examination on HIV – physical examination of persons which is the mandatory requirement for separate categories of persons determined by this Law and also persons whose list is determined by the Ministry of Health and the Medical Industry of Turkmenistan;
7) forced medical examination on HIV – physical examination of person concerning which good reasons to believe are had that at it the HIV infection availability which is carried out without its consent or without the consent of his legal representative in the cases and procedure determined by this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan is revealed;
8) anonymous medical examination on HIV – voluntary physical examination of persons on the detection of the HIV conducted without production of documents, proving the identity and without message of personal data of person undergoing inspection;
9) confidential medical examination on HIV – physical examination of person on detection of HIV in case of which to the examined person preserving in secret is guaranteed to information on the fact of passing of inspection on availability of HIV and about its results;
10) the patient with AIDS – the person which is in final stage of HIV infection, having the serious and dangerous illness leading to death as a result of deep defeat of immune system of the person;
11) biological liquids – liquids which are produced by human body: blood, semen, cerebrospinal fluid, liquid of genitals, breast milk, saliva, sweat, tear, urine;
12) anti-retrovirus medicines (ARV-medicines) – the medical supplies influencing the HIV allowing to reduce sharply content of virus in blood of the person and to prolong full-fledged life to HIV of the infected person.
The legislation of Turkmenistan on counteraction to spread of the disease caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV infection) is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan.
The main directions of state policy in the sphere of counteraction to spread of the disease caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV infection) (further – counteraction to spread of HIV infection), are:
1) increase in educational level of the population concerning healthy lifestyle, cultural wealth and sex education, including provision to the population of information on HIV infection questions;
2) implementation of measures for counteraction to spread of HIV infection by providing with the modern, conforming to international standards test systems for timely diagnosis of HIV;
3) ensuring availability and safety of medical examination on HIV with carrying out to and posttest consultation on the basis of confidentiality and anonymity;
4) performing anonymous medical examination on HIV on free basis;
5) ensuring confidentiality of information on the fact of medical examination on HIV and its results;
6) the organization of control of safety of the medical supplies used in the diagnostic, medical and scientific purposes, biological liquids, bodies and body tissues of the person;
7) implementation of sanitary and epidemiological surveillance behind safety of the medical and diagnostic procedures which are carried out in medical institutions and also behind holding actions for counteraction to spread of HIV infection during provision to citizens of the cosmetology, hairdresser's and other services connected with possibility of violation of integrity of skin and mucous membrane of human body;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.