of March 26, 2016 No. 373-V
About protection, export and import of movable values of national historical and cultural heritage
(In edition of the Law of Turkmenistan of 25.11.2017 No. 662-V)
This Law governs the relations in the sphere of identification, preserving, use, promoting, state protection, export and import of movable values of national historical and cultural heritage, provides the right of the Turkmen people to preserving and development of the cultural-national originality, determines the relations in the field of protection of movable values of national historical and cultural heritage, is directed to protection them from illegal export, import and transfer of property on them and designed to promote development of the international cultural cooperation.
Are understood as movable values of historical and cultural heritage: the movable material works of public and human activities and other objects representing great cultural value created fifty and more than years ago according to the destination and the nature namely: considerable in ethnic, archaeological, historical, art, scientific, technical, religious and other relation, and also what is characterized by the typical and specific phenomena of life of the Turkmen people. The movable value of historical and cultural heritage maybe the unique work created less than fifty years ago representing great cultural value. Operation of this Law does not extend to modern souvenir products, objects of cultural purpose of serial and mass production.
Movable values of national historical and cultural heritage are subdivided into the following types:
1) historical – the objects connected with historical events in life of the Turkmen people, development of society and state, history of science and technology, and also relating to life and activities of outstanding persons (the state, political, public figures, thinkers, scientists, literature, art);
2) archaeological – the artifacts found as a result of archeological excavations;
3) art – works of art, including: pictures and drawings entirely manual operation on any basis and from any materials; original sculptural works from any materials, including reliefs; original art compositions and installations from any materials; artly drawn up objects of cult appointment; engravings, prints, lithographs and their original printing forms; performing arts and crafts, including ancient carpets and carpet products of manual development, koshma, art products from glass, ceramics, tree, metal, bones, fabric and other materials; products of traditional national art trade, embroidery on which ancient ornaments remained; components and fragments of historical and architectural constructions and monuments of monumental art;
4) bibliographic – the ancient books, editions which are of special interest themselves (historical, art, scientific and literary), separately or in collections; rare manuscripts and documentary monuments; autographs, archive documents, including photo, phono - film, videoarchives;
5) philatelic – stamps, other materials, separately or in collections;
6) numismatical – ancient coins, awards, medals, seals and other objects of collecting;
7) ethnographic – ancient household items, national jewelry, weapon, instruments of labor, unique and rare musical instruments and other objects.
1. The legislation of Turkmenistan on protection, export and import of movable values of national historical and cultural heritage is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan.
2. If international treaties of Turkmenistan establish other rules than containing in this Law, then rules of international treaties are applied.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.