Unofficial transfer. (c) Soyuzpravoinform LLC
of June 9, 2010 No. ZR-63
About compulsory liability insurance, following from use of vehicles
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on May 18, 2010
1. This Law governs the relations connected with compulsory liability insurance of owners of vehicles, and also other persons owning them on legal causes for the harm done to the injured persons owing to use of vehicles; establishes types of vehicles, the responsibility following from use of which is subject to compulsory insurance, and the group of people which shall insure the responsibility following from use of these vehicles; establishes the relations connected with creation, regulation of the activities of Bureau of the insurance companies performing compulsory liability insurance, following from use of vehicles and with implementation in its relation of control and also procedure for creation and use of the Guarantee fund and the Information system and other related relations.
2. Main objectives of this Law:
1) guaranteeing protection of interests of persons which were injured owing to use of vehicles;
2) implementation in the territory of the Republic of Armenia the system of compulsory liability insurance following from use of vehicles and providing continuity of its action, regulation of the relations connected with the insurance agreements signed on it;
3) establishment of powers of the organizations performing activities in the field of compulsory liability insurance, following from use of vehicles, and the bodies exercising control;
4) guaranteeing efficiency of payment procedures of insurance indemnities.
3. According to this Law the responsibility following from use in the territory of the Republic of Armenia of the vehicles registered in the Republic of Armenia in the procedure established by the Law, and also imported on the territory of the Republic of Armenia according to the procedure of driving and (or) managed on highways public of the Republic of Armenia, except as specified, established by this Law is subject to compulsory insurance.
4. According to this Law the harm done owing to the insured events taking place only in the territory of the Republic of Armenia is subject to compensation.
1. The relations connected with compulsory liability insurance, following from use of vehicles, are regulated by the Civil code of the Republic of Armenia, this Law, the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About insurance and insurance activity", legal acts of the Central bank of the Republic of Armenia (further – the Central bank), rules and other legal acts of Bureau.
1. The basic concepts used in this Law, and also in other legal acts adopted on its basis (if they do not establish other), make the following sense:
1) OSAO – compulsory liability insurance, following from use of vehicles;
2) the agreement OSAO – the agreement OSAO signed according to this Law between the insurance company having the right to implementation of OSAO and the insurer;
3) No. ZR-93 voided according to the Law of the Republic of Armenia of 13.07.2013
4) the vehicle – the wheel vehicle (including passenger passenger automobiles, buses, minibuses, cargo vehicles, motorcycles, tractors, trolleybuses) equipped for transportation across highways public of passengers and loads, and also for accomplishment of not transport works;
5) the victim (the injured person) – any person who owing to use of the vehicle incurred the personal or done to property harm provided by this Law which has the right to compensation according to the procedure, established by this Law and other legal acts. The persons which are also provided by the first offer of this Item having under the law the right to indemnification in case of the death of person are considered as the victims;
6) the owner (co-owner) of the vehicle – the physical person (the citizen of the Republic of Armenia, the foreign citizen, the stateless person) which is considered as the owner of the vehicle or the legal entity, the state (state body), municipality (local government body), diplomatic representations in the Republic of Armenia (embassies, consular establishments, representative offices of the international organizations);
7) the insurer – person who signed the contract OSAO with insurance company;
8) insured person – the owner of the vehicle, and also other person owning it on legal causes (including the driver) during validity of OSAO;
9) person which did harm or the causer of harm – person owing to whose actions (failure to act) harm is done;
10) the driver of the vehicle – person managing the vehicle which during insured event used the vehicle. The driver person training to driving is also considered;
11) insured event – the case or event provided by this Law in case of which insurance company or Bureau shall pay insurance indemnity to the victim or in the cases provided by the law and (or) the agreement OSAO, to other persons;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.