of November 28, 2012 No. 123
About approval of the Code of professional ethics and behavior of prosecutors
For the purpose of determination of the main moral standards and principles which prosecutors in case of accomplishment of the service duties shall observe and out of service, being guided by articles 15, of 48-1 Law of Ukraine "About prosecutor's office", PRIKAZYVAYU:
1. Approve the Code of professional ethics and behavior of prosecutors (further - the Code) approved on November 28, 2012 by All-Ukrainian conference of prosecutors and to enact it since December 1, 2012.
2. To public prosecutor's and investigative employees of bodies of prosecutor's office of Ukraine in case of accomplishment of the service duties and out of service steadily to observe requirements of the Code.
3. To deputy attorneys general of Ukraine, prosecutors of regional level, the rector of National academy of prosecutor's office of Ukraine, heads of structural divisions central and regional devices, city, district, interdistrict, district in the cities and to the prosecutors equated to them to provide proper control of observance by subordinate public prosecutor's and investigative workers of requirements of the Code.
Send the order to prosecutors of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, areas, cities of Kiev and Sevastopol, specialized prosecutors (as regional), to the rector of National academy of prosecutor's office of Ukraine, city, district, interdistrict, district in the cities and to the prosecutors equated to them, to acquaint with it all public prosecutor's and investigative workers.
I reserve control over the implementation of the order.
Attorney-General of Ukraine counselor of state of justice of Ukraine V. Pshonka
Approved by the All-Ukrainian conference of prosecutors on November 28, 2012
Approved by the Order of the Attorney-General of Ukraine of November 28, 2012, No. 123
Accomplishment of the tasks assigned to prosecutor's office demands high professionalism, impartiality, honesty, decency and capability from her workers to resist to attempts of inappropriate influence on their office activities.
The Code of professional ethics and behavior of prosecutors (further - the Code) which purpose is determination of the basic principles and moral standards by which prosecutors in case of accomplishment of the service duties shall be guided and out of service shall promote approval of such personal and business qualities.
Tasks of the Code are:
- ensuring effective implementation by prosecutors of the professional obligations on the basis of respect for the principles of supremacy of law, legality, public morals and high culture;
- increase in the authority of bodies of prosecutor's office and assistance to enforcement of trust of citizens to them;
- creation of conditions for development in prosecutors of sense of justice, responsibility, commitment to case, respect for universal moral values, prevention of manifestations of corruption;
- forming of principled moral and legal stand in relations with colleagues from service and management.
Action of this Code extends on all prosecution agencies worker, scientific educational institutions and other organizations of prosecutor's office having class ranks and also trainees on positions of prosecutors of prosecutor's office or investigators.
Requirements of the Code are obligatory from the moment of position assignment and acquaintance with its provisions about what the written personal record of the prosecutor is made.
The regulatory base in this sphere are also international legal documents, including the Convention on human rights protection and fundamental freedoms and the decision of the European Court of Human Rights, the Guidelines of the UN concerning role of prosecutors accepted on the Eighth United Nations Congress in 1990, the Standards of professional responsibility and statement of fundamental obligations and the rights of prosecutors accepted by International association of prosecutors in 1999, the European instructions on questions of ethics and behavior of prosecutors (The Budapest principles) accepted by the Conference of Attorney-Generals of stranchlen of the Council of Europe in 2005 and others.
Professional activity of prosecutors is based on the principles:
- supremacy of law and legality;
- respect for rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
- independence and independence;
- political impartiality and neutrality;
- equality before the law, presumption of innocence;
- justice and objectivity;
- professional honor and advantage, forming of trust to prosecutor's office;
- transparency of office activities;
- abstention from accomplishment of illegal decisions or orders;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.