of May 23, 2012 No. 64
About peaceful assemblies
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on April 12, 2012
This Law governs the public relations connected with realization of the right of everyone to peaceful assemblies.
1. When ensuring right to liberty of peaceful assemblies state bodies and local government bodies are guided by the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, this Law which came in the procedure established by the law into force international treaties which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic, and also the conventional principles and rules of international law. The laws and other regulatory legal acts shall not contradict this Law.
2. Use of right to liberty of peaceful assemblies cannot be limited, except as specified, established by the law for the purpose of protection of homeland security, public order, health protection and morality of the population or protection of the rights and freedoms of other persons. The introduced restriction of use of right to liberty of peaceful assemblies shall be to the proportional specified purposes.
3. Acceptance of the subordinate regulatory legal acts limiting right to liberty of peaceful assemblies is forbidden.
For the purposes of this Law the terms used below have the following value:
1) countermeeting - the meeting held in the same occasion, but with the purpose to declare opposite line item irrespective of the place and time of holding these meetings;
2) peaceful assembly - the meeting which is in character nonviolent and unaided;
3) the organizer of peaceful assembly - the person acting on behalf of political parties, other organizations, citizens, being the initiator of peaceful assembly, performing the operations directed to preparation of the specified action, and also the performing management of actions of his participants;
4) parallel meeting - the meeting which is at the same time held with other meeting in this territory and not aiming at expression of the opinion other than opinion of members of other meeting;
5) the planned meeting - the meeting held with the prior notice;
6) meeting - deliberate and temporary stay of number of persons in the places open for public access, for the purpose of drawing attention of state bodies and local government bodies, public attention, including expression of opinion on any questions;
7) spontaneous meeting - the meeting held without prior notice;
8) the notification on holding meeting - the preliminary notification about the planned meeting of state bodies and local government bodies;
9) the participant of the meeting - the citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic, the foreign citizen and the stateless person participating in peaceful assembly.
1. State bodies and local government bodies shall respect and provide right to liberty of peaceful assemblies without any distinction on the basis of sex, races, language, ethnic origin, religion, age, political or other convictions, origin, property or other status, and also other circumstances.
2. Participation in meeting is voluntary. Persons forcing to participation in meeting or illegally interfering participation in it, bear the responsibility established by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
3. State bodies and local government bodies in case of receipt of data on the planned or held meeting shall inform without delay of it the relevant executive bodies of local self-government and law-enforcement bodies.
4. State bodies and local government bodies to which requirements of participants and organizers of meetings are turned shall provide acceptance and consideration of addresses in essence, and also to report about the made decisions according to the procedure, established by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
5. When implementing actions for ensuring holding peaceful assemblies state bodies and local government bodies and their officials have no right:
1) to give assessment to feasibility of holding peaceful assemblies;
2) to support any party in case of holding countermeetings;
3) to determine time, the venue and traffic routes of peaceful assembly;
4) to prohibit or introduce restrictions in the place, time of carrying out and traffic routes of peaceful assemblies, except as specified, when rejection of such measures involves violation of the rights of the citizens who are not participating in meeting and also protection of homeland security, public order, health protection and morality of the population in case of observance of the requirements established by this Law;
5) to interfere with goal achievement of the peaceful assemblies, except as specified, provided by this Law;
6) to organize and hold countermeetings.
Local government bodies:
1) is informed without delay by law-enforcement bodies in the territory of holding meeting, other interested state bodies of receipt of data on the planned or held meeting;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.